(IST) WCF: (3) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (1) Anaheim Ducks

Who will win this matchup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adun

Liked Posts:
Its more to do with the pairings than the players themselves. Once Q realizes that the Ducks are an offensive threat unlike the Preds and Wild (whom were no better than the Jets or Flames) he will be forced to pair his two best blueliners together. Until then it's a waiting game on Q as it usually is.

But yah you should be nervous about this series for sure. These other chumps who didn't watch an once of Ducks hockey this year still think it's last years Ducks team. Same goalie, same blueline, same forwards. They missed a few trades and roster changes since then and now. Wonder why the Ducks traded for Kesler? Wasn't to win in pre-season against the Hawks it was to increase their chances of beating the Hawks in the playoffs.

Nonsense, they got Kesler to deal with Jeff Carter, it has already been established that Toews is overrated and a loser

Adun

Liked Posts:
lol cost the Ducks Bonino and Sbisa a first and a third pick. For a guy that has a history of frustrating Toews to no end and mastering the art of throwing him off his game because Kesler is also a great 2 way forward. Just happens that Canucks jersey he always wore brought him down a little. Now that he is around winners like Getzlaf that Ryan Kesler is better than ever.

P.S. Hampus Lindhom might be one of the best young blueliners in the league And Sami Vatanen is a future Norris nominee if not winner. 90% of Hawk fans have never heard of these guys I am sure until now. Fowler has the ability to be one of the leagues best at times. But it's a young defense and a young defense has never won a cup. That's a load of cliche bullshit that likes to be thrown around.

PLUS throw in Jacob Silverberg as forward depth behind guys like Getz, Perry and Kesler? Silverberg is highly under-rated and hes having a deadly playoffs so far. Just incase these chumps aren't paying attention. Silverberg has more points than any Hawk player these playoffs not named Patrick Kane (they are tied). 4 goals and 9 assists +6 in 10 games for Silverberg. Pretty fucking impressive. Esp when you compare him to guys like Saad who has an outstanding 3 goals in 11 games and a -3. Hossa who has 1 goal and 7 assist in 10 games +2. Ugh.

Yah Saad has 3 points these playoffs. But here come the Saad defenders again telling me he wasn't worth putting in a package to trade for Ryan Kesler. DOOIIIIIIIII!!!

So, everybody but Getzy, Perry and Kesy is underrated, right? :) I actually agree mostly, but Fowler is an imbecile and they did kinda suck for the first 40 min or so. You mentioned somewhere Lovejoy, he's not there anymore, they traded him to Pittsburgh for Despres which I actually like

And come on, you're not trading Saad, maybe should have offered Sharp an Leddy, maybe we did and they didn't bite. In the end the Ducks had an overrated center to one up our offer and that was it, let it go.

TCD

Liked Posts:
So, everybody but Getzy, Perry and Kesy is underrated, right? :) I actually agree mostly, but Fowler is an imbecile and they did kinda suck for the first 40 min or so. You mentioned somewhere Lovejoy, he's not there anymore, they traded him to Pittsburgh for Despres which I actually like

And come on, you're not trading Saad, maybe should have offered Sharp an Leddy, maybe we did and they didn't bite. In the end the Ducks had an overrated center to one up our offer and that was it, let it go.

No Perry is over-rated. Getzlaf is consistantly one of the best centers in the league year after year as has Kesler been through much of his career so far. Hawk fans don't like Kesler. I get it. I never liked the guy much either when he was on the Canucks but you can't deny the guys talents just because you don't like a guy. Still think Kane/Kesler would be far more disgusting than Saad playing with anyone through the lineup. LOL but thats fantasy rostering. Im not suggesting the Hawks even talked to the Ducks I am more so pointing out how dumb some fans were by saying Saad should be untouchable when the rumors came up. Nonsense. Kesler > Saad and would have brought more to the team overall.

Like I said when on his game Fowler can be one of the better blueliners in the league. He hasn't been bad these playoffs. He is no Keith or Seabs but hes more than capable and probably in the top 25.

Why can't or couldn't the Hawks trade Saad? I still don't know what makes Saad so great in some fans eyes. I see flashes of it but I don't see anything that says he is a top line lw. He certainly doesn't show any consistency for that label. 3 goals and 0 assists in 11 playoff games and resorting back to hit avoidance isn't acceptable for a guy that the team keeps deeming untradeable esp with the minutes he gets and who he plays with. He hasn't stepped into that roll at all yet. Saad is a giant tease that has all of you guys fooled. He has these small streaks that gets everyone excited then goes MIA for long stretches. Probably one of the streakiest players in the league. And when you are streaky you better be doing the other things like winning board battles or at least going to them.

Adun

Liked Posts:
No Perry is over-rated. Getzlaf is consistantly one of the best centers in the league year after year as has Kesler been through much of his career so far. Hawk fans don't like Kesler. I get it. I never liked the guy much either when he was on the Canucks but you can't deny the guys talents just because you don't like a guy. Still think Kane/Kesler would be far more disgusting than Saad playing with anyone through the lineup. LOL but thats fantasy rostering. Im not suggesting the Hawks even talked to the Ducks I am more so pointing out how dumb some fans were by saying Saad should be untouchable when the rumors came up. Nonsense. Kesler > Saad and would have brought more to the team overall.

Like I said when on his game Fowler can be one of the better blueliners in the league. He hasn't been bad these playoffs. He is no Keith or Seabs but hes more than capable and probably in the top 25.

Why can't or couldn't the Hawks trade Saad? I still don't know what makes Saad so great in some fans eyes. I see flashes of it but I don't see anything that says he is a top line lw. He certainly doesn't show any consistency for that label. 3 goals and 0 assists in 11 playoff games and resorting back to hit avoidance isn't acceptable for a guy that the team keeps deeming untradeable esp with the minutes he gets and who he plays with. He hasn't stepped into that roll at all yet. Saad is a giant tease that has all of you guys fooled. He has these small streaks that gets everyone excited then goes MIA for long stretches. Probably one of the streakiest players in the league. And when you are streaky you better be doing the other things like winning board battles or at least going to them.

I wast talking about the rest of their team. I do think Getzy > Perry, but Perry is not overrated while Getzlaf tends to disappear for stretches sometimes. And I actually like Kesler.

So Saad is in a slump right now, he missed plays today, so did Kane and Captain Loser :troll:

And b/c you asked what he does good: he led the the team in zone entries in the NSH series, ahead of Kane and Hossa

https://jenlc13.wordpress.com/2015/05/07/zone-entries-chi-vs-nsh-player-breakdown/#more-359

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol dubnyk tribar...dubnyk. They dont come worse than dubnyk. Andsersen is well above Dubnyk on the goalies list.

But wait I thought someone said you could throw any goalie on the ice and win.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We have very little chance against the Ducks, they're almost, if not equal in speed and quickness, and about 100 times tougher! They were a bad match-up for us to begin with.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I wast talking about the rest of their team. I do think Getzy > Perry, but Perry is not overrated while Getzlaf tends to disappear for stretches sometimes. And I actually like Kesler.

So Saad is in a slump right now, he missed plays today, so did Kane and Captain Loser :troll:

And b/c you asked what he does good: he led the the team in zone entries in the NSH series, ahead of Kane and Hossa

https://jenlc13.wordpress.com/2015/05/07/zone-entries-chi-vs-nsh-player-breakdown/#more-359

I think "controlled entries" are a bit of an overrated stat to look at right now based on too many variables.

Your entry into the offensive zone is subjective from line to line and based on what the defense ahead of you is giving you.

I mean, if the oppositions defense stands you up at the blue line, you're supposed to chip and chase (unless you can't make a short pass). If they are giving you space, you're supposed to skate in with possession.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:

Could be your greatest post yet. You may want to retire.

Saad is never going to elevate his game to be a consistent scorer - but will be paid like it, because of the hype. He disappears way to often and shy's away from contact more often than not. NEVER takes a hit along the boards to make a play - in either zone. I'd take Kruger/Shaw over him every day of the week.

Saad should have been moved for Kesler. Gigantic blunder in not making that move. When Kesler went to ANA, and people gave the "who cares"...I know I was one that said wait until the Hawks have to play them in the playoffs and he shuts down/is able to play against Toews. Kesler is hungry for the cup and knows all he has to do is annoy Toews and he'll self destruct.

Which means Hossa won't do shit this series - again.

Keith and co. will do his part/keep them in check best he can

This whole series is on Kane at this point. He's really the only skill forward on the Hawks that elevates at times like these.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Don't be surprised to see Versteeg back in the lineup

He has speed. This is going to be a grimey series and he'll go to/around the net and corners

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sheldon Brookbank had as many points last playoffs as vermette does this year.

In two less games.

Lolz.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Vermette is an ass clown

I heard Sharp banged his wife upon arrival AT THE AIRPORT, nonetheless. Ruined him.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Give that game to their goalie. He was a stud in that game. The Hawkks were also a bit unlucky and Crawford didn't have a very good game either.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We have very little chance against the Ducks, they're almost, if not equal in speed and quickness, and about 100 times tougher! They were a bad match-up for us to begin with.

Rubbish. THe Hawks still take this series. They are the better team. As long as Crawford puts his man pants on that is!

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Rubbish. THe Hawks still take this series. They are the better team. As long as Crawford puts his man pants on that is!

I'm a game down, and still voted Hawks in 6 today.

Fuck a Duck.

:hawkbang:

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Give that game to their goalie. He was a stud in that game. The Hawkks were also a bit unlucky and Crawford didn't have a very good game either.

Who are the Hawkks?

And Andersen was not a stud. He made one solid save on Kane with his stick, then many routine saves any goalie could make. He was solid but not a stud. Another genius post by you.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Who are the Hawkks?

And Andersen was not a stud. He made one solid save on Kane with his stick, then many routine saves any goalie could make. He was solid but not a stud. Another genius post by you.

Andersen made 32 saves on 33 shots. He was a stud in Game 1.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Who are the Hawkks?

Crawford can't make routine saves, so it's not as easy as you think

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
For fuck's sake, the Hawks lose ONE game in a SEVEN game series, on the road, and this place turns into a complete shitshow.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For fuck's sake, the Hawks lose ONE game in a SEVEN game series, on the road, and this place turns into a complete shitshow.
And people said the Bulls forum had emotional posters...

The entire site is full of emotional posters

Status
Not open for further replies.