Who will win this matchup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Andersen made 32 saves on 33 shots. He was a stud in Game 1.

Again, a lot of those being easy saves. He played a lot better than I thought he would, but he was by no means a "stud"

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Again, a lot of those being easy saves. He played a lot better than I thought he would, but he was by no means a "stud"

Oh, great. Now we're going to argue about semantics again.

Fuck it, let's call that an elite performance while we're at it.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
So what's gonna be the complaint after the Hawks win Game 2?

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
That Hossa still hasn't score a goal

Saad is still baby shit soft

Crawford got pulled for Darling to save the day again

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
That Hossa still hasn't score a goal

Saad is still baby shit soft

Crawford got pulled for Darling to save the day again

cant-wait.gif

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Oh, hey! Actual news to report out of practice today!

Looks like David Rundblad is back to the press box life.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, hey! Actual news to report out of practice today!

Looks like David Rundblad is back to the press box life.

That's good news. I hope Cumiskey is up for the challenge.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'm as excited about Stephen Johns as anyone, but this sounds a bit like desperation to me.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
There's also talk of leaving Patrick Kane on both power play units.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Why can't we just put Timonen in the press box too? With Johns hurt maybe try Pokka?

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Variable

Liked Posts:
So what's gonna be the complaint after the Hawks win Game 2?

It's fucking hilarious the knee jerk reactions after one game they lose, a game in which played out more or less how I expected the series to, with the Hawks at a lot of points thoroughly outplaying the Ducks (even in their own rink) for long stretches of time and overall playing better. You have to believe over a 7 games series, that the end result of that type of game doesn't continue to be the same. It hasn't been for the Ducks in years past, I don't see it changing here. It's been the story of their playoff lives for years now.

But after ONE game, we got a thread on how Toews is a horrible captain, we got a thread talking about how Hossa can be traded so the Hawks can be cap fucked in a few years, we got a thread talking about trading Saad for a year or two of Kesler which would mean having to somehow trade players in Sharp, Bickell and/or Crawford and get no cap hits in return for them. Bickell and Crawford both of which have NMCs. And THEN, looking forward from that move, deciding whether or not you would want to pay Kesler the 7 or 8 million he'll probably be asking for after next year or letting him walk and be left with a complete shell of a team.

Or we can see how Game 2 goes before we call up Doc Brown and get in the time machine.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
It's fucking hilarious the knee jerk reactions after one game they lose, a game in which played out more or less how I expected the series to, with the Hawks at a lot of points thoroughly outplaying the Ducks (even in their own rink) for long stretches of time and overall playing better. You have to believe over a 7 games series, that the end result of that type of game doesn't continue to be the same. It hasn't been for the Ducks in years past, I don't see it changing here. It's been the story of their playoff lives for years now.

But after ONE game, we got a thread on how Toews is a horrible captain, we got a thread talking about how Hossa can be traded so the Hawks can be cap fucked in a few years, we got a thread talking about trading Saad for a year or two of Kesler which would mean having to somehow trade players in Sharp, Bickell and/or Crawford and get no cap hits in return for them. Bickell and Crawford both of which have NMCs. And THEN, looking forward from that move, deciding whether or not you would want to pay Kesler the 7 or 8 million he'll probably be asking for after next year or letting him walk and be left with a complete shell of a team.

Or we can see how Game 2 goes before we call up Doc Brown and get in the time machine.

Welcome to the Interwebz.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It almost seems like the Hawks forum is just trying to keep up with the Bears forum, I'm somewhat confident that will never happen.

Pez68

Fire Waldron
Liked Posts:
There's also talk of leaving Patrick Kane on both power play units.

I'm not sure why TT isn't getting PP time.... Though, it won't matter until their philosophy changes when they have a power play...

TCD

Liked Posts:
Fuck off PEZ!!

Just checking if I am on the block list.

TT should be on the powerplay for sure. Let the kid get his rocks off and show what he can do on a specials team and set plays. Nobody else seems to be able to step up. A little desperation on the powerplay would also help but yah a philosophy change would be great!!! And again I have said this many times. THe Hawks powerplay is always more effective when it is set up on the left side not the right side. Sorry Kaner love you man but that puck needs to go to the left boards a lot more than it does. That is when they can set up in the offensive zone to begin with.

I would also like to see the guys at the blueline pinch in deeper on the pp. Yes I know it exposes them to turn overs more and possibly giving up sh chances. But fuck it..gotta play with a bit more risk on the powerplay. Have confidence that Craw would be able to handle a one on one break if the pk gets them. Craw is pretty good one on one anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.