It's just preseason..

Status
Not open for further replies.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Yes, a lot of teams LOSE preseason games. But their starters make a GOOD showing and then their scrubs lose the games. Our starters SUCK and our backups SUCK and that's why we lose every week!

Actually our starters have sucked, and our backups have sucked even worse. I'm going to give Tice/Martz/Marinelli the benefit of the doubt that they will see these problems (unlike the jackass that was Turner) and make necessary adjustments. That's really all we can do at this point. My cup is not overflowing with optimism at this point, however, that it will make enough difference.:dunno:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No one with half a brain cares who wins or loses pre-season games. Its HOW they are playing that is unsettling. Both sides of the ball are having MAJOR issues at this point plus you toss in the fact that they are poorly coached...well, it gets ugly. The offensive timing is poor because the line is caving and its caving at all different areas...not just one guy, its all five at various times. Martz's scheme will struggle with so many down field passes, they take time to unfold...you need to slow the rush by running the ball well or hitting some screens. This line needs play calling help and Martz isnt giving them any....he thinks they can do the job. Guess what, it aint happening!!

Defensively, I think Peppers is playing pretty well considering that he draws a doubleteam on nearly every play...yet with Peppers drawing 2 defenders they STILL arent getting any pressure from the other 3 front men. They only get any pressure when they blitz and when they blitz, they dont get there and when you dont get there...you usually get burned. Not surprising since Lovie's D has the most antiquated blitz package Ive ever seen...and dont give me that "pre-season vanilla" crap. His blitzes gotta be the most easily picked up in the league...they've been like that all the time he's been here. Which brings me to the point....

This season is a virtual death march for Angelo, Lovie and possibly even Phillips. If any of you think that's not gonna happen...just remember this. They talked the McCaskey family into trying to buy a playoff spot and save their asses...they spent money, a LOT of money. The McCaskeys dont like spending even a little money....if these goofs arent successful, they WILL be gone.

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
There is no doubt if the Bears dont make the playoffs, they are all fired. I wouldn't be suprised if they were fired if we lost a playoff game.

BearMan2010

Liked Posts:
In my way of thinking, it is way too early to be talking firings, there is allot of football to be played ! Yes, we have issues, Yes, we have a hard schedule, Yes, everyone needs to play better, but the season hasn't even started yet. I say GO BEARS !:beerbang:

stormbolter73

Liked Posts:
With next years potential lockout, don't be shocked if the season goes south and Lovie and Co. still have jobs after the season. Of course that wouldn't really matter as you Bear fans would catch a break from him regardless. Lets just hope there isn't a lockout and you guys still end up with a new coach should it come to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.