It's like a holocaust on this board

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
It's week two and I don't think I've ever seen this bad on any Bears message board in 12 years of Bears message board posting.

I get it the Bears lost a game no one thought they would lose but we knew this was possible heading into the season that this team would win games you figured thru couldn't win and lose games they shouldn't lose. It's freaking week two in a season you knew damn well it would take a miracle for this team to make the playoffs.

Basics on what we know:

Cutler is still Cutler, if you thought lost years bit of being a game manager was going to be the new norm for the end of the Jay Cutler era you only fooled yourself. If you thought Loggains was going to be as good as Ryan Pace you fooled yourself or were fooled by someone.

Jeremy Langford is not Matt Forte and he's being hurt by a whole new level of incompetence at OC.

Kevin White is a rookie.

Zach Miller is what Josh McCown was when he caught lightning in a bottle.

Whitehair is a rookie.

Massie makes the line better by moving Long back to right guard and that's about all he does.

Floyd is a rookie

The secondary is better than last year and it looks like Fangio can take any mid round DB and turn him into a average to good player almost immediately.

The biggest disappointment is the injuries and likely the sheer incompetence of Loggains.

The gruesome reality is simple, for the Bears to be a playoff caliber team every single new or key player would have had to have an instant major impact or a career year in the case of Massie Miller Cutler. Or the young players would have to immediately prove productive after little to no experience.

It was too much to hope for and the playoffs are not and never were a real consideration. If you thought so then someone fooled you.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
wha....? Bears?

Isn't this a supercomputer forum?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
It would take a miracle for this team to make the playoffs? Most of us knew that.

What most of us didn't expect is it taking a miracle for the Bears to WIN A GAME.

Liked Posts:
It's week two and I don't think I've ever seen this bad on any Bears message board in 12 years of Bears message board posting.

I get it the Bears lost a game no one thought they would lose but we knew this was possible heading into the season that this team would win games you figured thru couldn't win and lose games they shouldn't lose. It's freaking week two in a season you knew damn well it would take a miracle for this team to make the playoffs.

Basics on what we know:

Cutler is still Cutler, if you thought lost years bit of being a game manager was going to be the new norm for the end of the Jay Cutler era you only fooled yourself. If you thought Loggains was going to be as good as Ryan Pace you fooled yourself or were fooled by someone.

Jeremy Langford is not Matt Forte and he's being hurt by a whole new level of incompetence at OC.

Kevin White is a rookie.

Zach Miller is what Josh McCown was when he caught lightning in a bottle.

Whitehair is a rookie.

Massie makes the line better by moving Long back to right guard and that's about all he does.

Floyd is a rookie

The secondary is better than last year and it looks like Fangio can take any mid round DB and turn him into a average to good player almost immediately.

The biggest disappointment is the injuries and likely the sheer incompetence of Loggains.

The gruesome reality is simple, for the Bears to be a playoff caliber team every single new or key player would have had to have an instant major impact or a career year in the case of Massie Miller Cutler. Or the young players would have to immediately prove productive after little to no experience.

It was too much to hope for and the playoffs are not and never were a real consideration. If you thought so then someone fooled you.

Haven't you seen enough between the preseason and regular season games one and two to realize this team is a raging dumpster fire and the season is lost. There's no hope left.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears suck, we should have known better.

Now it is time to watch the young guys and see how bad it can get heading into the offseason.

Personally, I do not need them to win a bunch of meaningless games once they have officially fallen on their faces. I want a top 5 pick and a new QB so the Bears can start building towards something. Running on this treadmill of mediocre losing does not interest me anymore.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The fact that this team is a dumpster fire is what offers hope.

Look at what Wentz is doing for Philly.

Hope comes at the top of the draft and getting "our QB".

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
The worst part is that other teams are going to somehow be worse than the Bears and push them out of the top 3-5.

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
You forgot about the Golden Rule.

It's OK when it's in a 3-way
With a honey in the middle, there's some leeway
The area's gray in a 1-2-3 way!

Washington

Liked Posts:

You have far more faith in Pace than I do at this time. I hope we've seen the end of the #6 era.

One Team

Liked Posts:
This is fair...but you could have left the last sentence out of your narrative.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
I actually think the Oline would be better if they moved Long back to RT and played Larsen at guard. Massie is that bad.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

It could be that Pedersen is actually a good head coach too.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
time to get a new hobby, move to New Mexico?

breaking-bad.png