It's Not Just the Play Calling

jc456

Liked Posts:
When a team gets gang raped like a prison bitch and then sold for a pack of cigarettes, 9/10 times it's due to a terrible game plan.

When it comes to terrible game plans, this has been the worst I've ever seen.
Worse than when we lost to the Giants in 2010 when Jay got sacked 9 times in the first half. The game plan by Martz was totally fucked.
Worse than when we lost to the Patriots drubbed us 51-23 in 2014, and when the Packers embarrassed us 55-14. Mel Tucker was unfit for the NFL.

When your game plan is fucked, everything that stems from it (play calling, execution, personnel, etc.) is fucked. If the game plan is fucked then the team will be practicing plays that won't work, making adjustments that are irrelevant, and basically wasting their time. If the team doesn't practice plays that can be used in game-time adjustments during the week, they are going to be hesitant to make them during an actual game or fail to execute if they try. You can make the best vegetarian meal in the world, but it's going to fly like a lead balloon if you try to serve it at a BBQ full of Stans. You can practice a set of music of killer Country music only to have it bomb because you're playing at a Hip Hop festival. You can prepare an awesome arsenal of samurai swords that won't do shit against an army with automatic weapons. This loss to the Browns shows just how much Nagy brought a knife to a gun fight.
Nagy has no idea how to attack a defense, it’s quite clear. He doesn’t have any scheme

Firenagyplease

Liked Posts:
When a team gets gang raped like a prison bitch and then sold for a pack of cigarettes, 9/10 times it's due to a terrible game plan.

When it comes to terrible game plans, this has been the worst I've ever seen.
Worse than when we lost to the Giants in 2010 when Jay got sacked 9 times in the first half. The game plan by Martz was totally fucked.
Worse than when we lost to the Patriots drubbed us 51-23 in 2014, and when the Packers embarrassed us 55-14. Mel Tucker was unfit for the NFL.

When your game plan is fucked, everything that stems from it (play calling, execution, personnel, etc.) is fucked. If the game plan is fucked then the team will be practicing plays that won't work, making adjustments that are irrelevant, and basically wasting their time. If the team doesn't practice plays that can be used in game-time adjustments during the week, they are going to be hesitant to make them during an actual game or fail to execute if they try. You can make the best vegetarian meal in the world, but it's going to fly like a lead balloon if you try to serve it at a BBQ full of Stans. You can practice a set of music of killer Country music only to have it bomb because you're playing at a Hip Hop festival. You can prepare an awesome arsenal of samurai swords that won't do shit against an army with automatic weapons. This loss to the Browns shows just how much Nagy brought a knife to a gun fight.

Firenagyplease

Liked Posts:
Nagy has no idea how to attack a defense, it’s quite clear. He doesn’t have any scheme
Nagy needs to go so called offensive guru ok lets see for the last couple of years our offense has been AWOL it does not matter who he puts behind center his offensive plans don't produce how many more QBs do we need to try Trubisky, Foles, Dalton and now Fields. Get Nagy out of there and get someone who knows what they are doing this old high school coach could have come up with a better game plan.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Matt Nagy seriously looked like he was trying his hardest to make Fields look terrible in his debut.
My take as well. If not, we would have seen a TE chip Garrett

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least we scored points with Marc Trestman sometimes. The only reason Nagy hasn't been fired, is because we still have a decent defense.

If our defense was a Mel Tucker level of bad, Nagy wouldn't be getting bailed out and elevating the overall team from terrible to mediocre/average.
I'M no fan of Nagy, but when do we start holding the players responsible

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'M no fan of Nagy, but when do we start holding the players responsible
I think most of that goes back to coaching and the front office. Are we going to bench people because they're not getting it done? Are we going to scream at them until they play better? Are we going to coach them up? Are we going to put better players on this roster? Ideally, we do all of those things. But are we doing those things?

I think when it comes to the offense, one of the biggest problems that Nagy and his staff have had, is that they can't seem to put players in a position to succeed. Today was a great example of that. Shotgun RPOs with the oline being asked to beat Myles Garrett and Jadeveon Clowney 1-on-1 and failing over and over again. So we just keep doing it, and we keep getting the same result.

At this rate, it would seemingly take a roster full of all-pros to have a semi-competent offense. Then again, how many all-pros are coached by idiots that suck at their job? Lol.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
But the one thing the McCaskey family knows is money and Pace has pissed away a ton of it over the last seven years with very little to show for it.
Unfortunately, the McCaskey family does not know anything about the salary cap and that is the money that you are talking about.

The money they know about is coming in steadily and they are happy. Wins or losses does not affect their bottom line as much as you might think or, to put it in another way, the losses do not affect the bottom line so much that they even notice it.

The actual game to them is like any other Bears fans, we want them to win and would like to see the Bears win another Super Bowl in our lifetimes (or for the first time for the younger generations). Our lives go on, win or lose, and we go back to our jobs on Mondays. Virginia and the McCaskeys go back to their jobs of counting the money coming in steadily.

TELLY46

Liked Posts:
It's true.

And I agree with the OP, it's not just about playcalling. He cannot adjust. He doesn't have answers. Even the shit in his press conferences after games is alarming. The media asks him about specific things, or even scheme things, and he's like "I'll have to watch the tape."

The entire post-game narrative for the next week is going to be about how Nagy just left his entire offense on an island, his oline, his rookie QB. He took the ball out of his top-10 RB's hands early in the game. He didn't chip or scheme around Myles Garrett. He didn't try to throw screens or run draws to give the Browns' pass rush pause. He didn't get creative and move Fields around. It was shotgun RPO all game long. And it didn't work over and over and over again, and he kept doing it.

The non-casual, non-idiot fans know what he did wrong, the talking heads know what he did wrong, the media knows what he did wrong. Everyone knows what he did wrong........ except Nagy.
An d the G.M. & Owners

jive

Liked Posts:
Even if you have an all-pro O-line, if your game plan sucks, you'll still lose.

There have been teams with worse O-lines than ours that still produced better offense than we did.
There have been teams with worse QBs than we had that produced more yards than we have.
There have been teams with worse receivers than we have that have made more catches than we have.

There's alot of teams with crappy personnel that still seem to do better than embarrassing themselves.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:

There have been teams with worse O-lines than ours that still produced better offense than we did.
There have been teams with worse QBs than we had that produced more yards than we have.
There have been teams with worse receivers than we have that have made more catches than we have.

There's alot of teams with crappy personnel that still seem to do better than embarrassing themselves.

Have there though?

46plank

Liked Posts:

And that’s on the play calling

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
when then?

what game was Trubisky worse than Fields today?
I'm not disagreeing with your points, but I do see one game against the Rams in 2018 where Mitch had a 33.3 rating compared to Fields 41.3 today.

Mitch had 3 picks that day. Mitch also had a 38 & 46 with Fox in his rookie year.

However, I do not believe Mitch looked this bad in 2 games in a row. (Granted Fields only played for half a game last week.)

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
This may have been the worst performance by a Bears offensive line that I've ever seen. And Nagy's playcalling certainly didn't help.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OP was close.

This was even worse than a festival playing nothing but Country and Rap. Even those two have merged recently on some "hits".

Can't mix Nagy's plans and intelligence/success.

meangreek

Liked Posts:
Nagy must have a bunch of yes men on the coaching staff. The lack of adjustment is pitiful.