It's Not Just the Play Calling

Bust

Liked Posts:
When a team gets gang raped like a prison bitch and then sold for a pack of cigarettes, 9/10 times it's due to a terrible game plan.

When it comes to terrible game plans, this has been the worst I've ever seen.
Worse than when we lost to the Giants in 2010 when Jay got sacked 9 times in the first half. The game plan by Martz was totally fucked.
Worse than when we lost to the Patriots drubbed us 51-23 in 2014, and when the Packers embarrassed us 55-14. Mel Tucker was unfit for the NFL.

When your game plan is fucked, everything that stems from it (play calling, execution, personnel, etc.) is fucked. If the game plan is fucked then the team will be practicing plays that won't work, making adjustments that are irrelevant, and basically wasting their time. If the team doesn't practice plays that can be used in game-time adjustments during the week, they are going to be hesitant to make them during an actual game or fail to execute if they try. You can make the best vegetarian meal in the world, but it's going to fly like a lead balloon if you try to serve it at a BBQ full of Stans. You can practice a set of music of killer Country music only to have it bomb because you're playing at a Hip Hop festival. You can prepare an awesome arsenal of samurai swords that won't do shit against an army with automatic weapons. This loss to the Browns shows just how much Nagy brought a knife to a gun fight.

bruh. Myles Garrett said they figured the Bears offense on the 2nd drive. Nagy countered by cycling the same formation / plays for the full game.

Fields will be mentally scarred permanently if this keeps up. Bears need to do the right thing and give Nagy his walking papers. Put in Lazor as interim headcoach.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I don't know why more people seem to be incapable of realizing it's not an "either or" condition... the play calling and the player execution and coaching and roster management by the front office can all be at fault. No one should be shocked that Nagy's offense which for over two years now has been known for going 3 and out, not moving the ball consistently and being lucky to break 20 points in a game is continuing to have all of those issues. Having a new, rookie QB is not going to magically fix all of those things, even if he is the next Rodgers, Manning, Brady, etc. Running out an offensive line that is old enough to be most of the rookies dad's is also not a great roster management move. Having more questions than answers in a secondary of a pass oriented league is not surprisingly a good way to get shredded through the air.

It absolutely is not "Just the playcalling" but at this point in the season, the things we can potentially fix don't have much to do with the roster given the options out there. You can try and get better player execution by exploring your depth chart and rolling some players in and I was glad to see that happening on the Dline yesterday and maybe can happen at some other positions. Coaching change likely needs to happen at some point this season so you can begin to evaluate what you have in Lazor as well as to evaluate the rest of the positions on offense under something that might look like a more functional offensive coordinator. I don't think we have a roster with a bunch of talent where a simple coaching change midseason makes us post season contenders, but the one lever we can and should pull at some point this season is getting rid of Nagy.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unfortunately, the McCaskey family does not know anything about the salary cap and that is the money that you are talking about.

The money they know about is coming in steadily and they are happy. Wins or losses does not affect their bottom line as much as you might think or, to put it in another way, the losses do not affect the bottom line so much that they even notice it.

The actual game to them is like any other Bears fans, we want them to win and would like to see the Bears win another Super Bowl in our lifetimes (or for the first time for the younger generations). Our lives go on, win or lose, and we go back to our jobs on Mondays. Virginia and the McCaskeys go back to their jobs of counting the money coming in steadily.
I get what you're saying. And while I've never run a business before in my life, it just seems to me that I would be pretty pissed if someone I hired continued to blow my money on what he sold to me as major improvements that would turn into major fails on a regualr basis.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I get what you're saying. And while I've never run a business before in my life, it just seems to me that I would be pretty pissed if someone I hired continued to blow my money on what he sold to me as major improvements that would turn into major fails on a regualr basis.
I see the Bears as two things to the McCaskeys, a business and a hobby.

The McCaskeys are as happy as pig in shit as business owners. They are making tons of money and could be making a ton more if Teddy were a better businessman. This is a much bigger waste of value than the cap space lost.

The McCaskeys as hobbiests are upset with the results. Yes, there have been wasted draft picks and wasted cap space, but, even there, some of the waste by the GM is now falling in Nagy's lap.

Knowing what you know now, how would the 2018 to 2020 Bears have done, with the same players, if they had had a McVay as their OC who actually was the play caller?

Knowing what you know now, if a McVay were the OC/HC, do you think he would have hand picked Foles or Trubisky would have been able to get his 5th year option picked up?

Knowing what you know now, would a McVay have game planned and play called Fields' first game similar to how Nagy did?

Yes, Pace is ultimately responsible for the cap space usage and misses, but an idiot chef like Nagy does not make his job any easier.

The McCaskeys, as fans, are upset about their team not doing well, but it is so much easier for them when the money just keeps rolling in.

It would be like you losing out on 100 dollars from the world's most profitable fantasy football league because the GM of the league robbed you, the winner, of those 100 dollars and then looking at your earnings of 50,000 per week from that very week.

It sucks and you should get rid of the GM, but you are too busy counting your 50,000 dollars from this week.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Game plan sucks, dump it. It's called 1/2 time adjustment but noooo, our resident genius thinks they'll never suspect he comes out doing the same shit.
:cmonman::dilfer::brady::poop:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is a conspiracy I can get on board with. No attempt to counter the pass rush that was killing them, just left the flood gates open.
Let's be honest. You are more than willing to dive head first into any conspiracy that comes along.

But I'm finding myself with you on this one. Either he set up Fields to fail, or he is just grossly incompetent. To the point where I believe most CCS posters could have made better adjustments than he did.

I'm not sure which one is worse.