It's so obvious Bears are picking Nelson

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Nobody has known any of Pace's 1st round picks in predictions when they were on the clock. But the target is "clear"?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They'd be lucky if Nelson drops to them and is "the pick."

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Is Señor Nelson the consensus #8 pick for the CCS board? Or is the board just ( que es la palabra??) resigned?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree. Nagy runs like 70% of plays from the shotgun and with how shaky Whitehair is with snapping its very likely. I also think having Helfrich as OC will also factor in for Grasu.

Pray tell. Where were these snapping issues in 2016? In fact can you even name how many games he had snapping issues in 2017? Its almost like people don't even want to acknowledge he played this season injured and was shuffled around on the offensive line due to injuries to other linemen.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Let's just face the facts here guys, whether you think Guard is to high for a top ten pick or not, the writing is pretty much on the wall. If Nelson is on the board at 8 (Hell, Pace might even trade up for him given his past), that will be the Bears pick. Let's review why this is a very high possibility.

- Kush/Morgan/Watford are not starting material. Nothing but depth.

- How reliable is the aging Kyle Long?

- Nelson, if available, will be BPA bar none. He's pretty much guaranteed to be a HOF player. We're talking Joe Thomas type career here.

- We hired his effing OL coach from Notre Dame who is best in class

- Nelson has gone on record stating he hopes the Bears draft him. I know, doesn't mean much but always something you would prefer to hear.

- We have a young QB, young backs, young TE's and Allen Robinson. Makes sense to solidify your OL with the best o-lineman in the draft

Hate to burst all of your bubbles, but Nelson will be the pick. Only way I see it turning out differently is if the Bears trade down. Flame away.
I've been saying this for a month now. There is no going any other way If Nelson is there at #*

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then maybe it should be a little less obvious? Or maybe Pace is hoping that since he hasn't been obvious before, and now is being obvious, that people will see him being obvious and say "nah, he wouldn't pick that guy because it's so obvious?"

Smoke screen then eh...

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Bears will not select Quenton Nelson in the first round of the 2018 nfl draft.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Let's just face the facts here guys, whether you think Guard is to high for a top ten pick or not, the writing is pretty much on the wall. If Nelson is on the board at 8 (Hell, Pace might even trade up for him given his past), that will be the Bears pick. Let's review why this is a very high possibility.

- Kush/Morgan/Watford are not starting material. Nothing but depth.

- How reliable is the aging Kyle Long?

- Nelson, if available, will be BPA bar none. He's pretty much guaranteed to be a HOF player. We're talking Joe Thomas type career here.

- We hired his effing OL coach from Notre Dame who is best in class

- Nelson has gone on record stating he hopes the Bears draft him. I know, doesn't mean much but always something you would prefer to hear.

- We have a young QB, young backs, young TE's and Allen Robinson. Makes sense to solidify your OL with the best o-lineman in the draft

Hate to burst all of your bubbles, but Nelson will be the pick. Only way I see it turning out differently is if the Bears trade down. Flame away.
I sure hope you're right. Bears need a solid OL for a change. Trubisky can't complete many passes on his back.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Nelson is there, that's the pick. He's would be the highest graded player on our board.

Here are the top five players in the draft according to NFL.COM:

Barkley 7.45
Nelson 7.34
Edmunds 7.28
Chubb 7.25
Darnold 7.10

No other player is above 7 in their rankings. Just one source.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Pray tell. Where were these snapping issues in 2016? In fact can you even name how many games he had snapping issues in 2017? Its almost like people don't even want to acknowledge he played this season injured and was shuffled around on the offensive line due to injuries to other linemen.

Also in the first 4 game, the QB's sweet spot for the snap was about 15 ft in the air. After the bye, sweet spot dropped to a normal person's height. It's not Whitehair's fault he had to learn to adjust for such a huge difference.

When snapping to the giraffe - lots of issues.
When changing from snapping for giraffe to normal human - lots of issues.
When getting used to snapping for normal human - no more issues.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Nelson will be gone by our pick.

That is what I'm thinking too, but if there is a run on QBs early (up to 4) then it is not likely that Nelson goes before, Chubb or Barkley, but that still leaves the opportunity for Tampa who needs help on the o-line.

So, yes if Nelson is available he just might be the best option.