Its very simple...

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
If Eberflus is gone after the season, Fields is done. A new coach is going to want his guy and if we have the #1 pick, heck if we have a top 3 pick we are taking a QB. We cant keep getting the inconsistent play from him and i know people will blame the drops, the lack of protection and Getsy but the reality is JF is a physical freak talent and a decent qb but he is not a guy thats going to carry a franchise anywhere. He is fools gold. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice dont fool me again lol! Seriously we need to move on and im sure his fate is tied to Eberflus because a new coach is going to want to use that first pick on the guy he wants. Worst thing that can happen is for this team to win another game or even worse the panthers fall out of the #1.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I really don’t care one way or the other but the facts are that Fields has improved dramatically from day 1. Restarting the clock likely means 2-3 years of growing pains for another rookie QB. To be fair to Fields, I believe many Bears’ fans have been psychologically abused by Favre and Rodgers that if the QB play isn’t HoF it isn’t good enough. The reality is that QB play all across the league has been average to poor and will likely remain that way for years to come.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I really don’t care one way or the other but the facts are that Fields has improved dramatically from day 1. Restarting the clock likely means 2-3 years of growing pains for another rookie QB. To be fair to Fields, I believe many Bears’ fans have been psychologically abused by Favre and Rodgers that if the QB play isn’t HoF it isn’t good enough. The reality is that QB play all across the league has been average to poor and will likely remain that way for years to come.
The offense took 4 plays to get in the end zone from the one, with three penalties on Cleveland. Other than that they had one scoring drive, resulting in a FG.

Are you honestly saying we're being unfair to QB play that is just a smidge below HOF level?

Are you honestly suggesting the Bears should not try to get good QB play because it is "down across the league"? (And where do you come up with that?)

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The offense took 4 plays to get in the end zone from the one, with three penalties on Cleveland. Other than that they had one scoring drive, resulting in a FG.

Are you honestly saying we're being unfair to QB play that is just a smidge below HOF level?

Are you honestly suggesting the Bears should not try to get good QB play because it is "down across the league"? (And where do you come up with that?)
Yeah man i totally blame Fields for the 4 play scoring drive too. I wish he blocked better for his RBs and that he didnt hold DJM after he threw him the football.

What are you opinions on Fields and the coaching staff? What should they do about the coaching staff? What about the draft?

Do you have any opinions that aren't "coach or player who haven't won Super Bowl = bad!"?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Agree with the OP that we will know what the Bears are doing with fields come black Monday.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I really don’t care one way or the other but the facts are that Fields has improved dramatically from day 1. Restarting the clock likely means 2-3 years of growing pains for another rookie QB.
He hasnt improved. Check his stats against good teams as opposed to bad or mediocre teams. Its fools gold and youre falling for it. I know because i fell for it too but ive smartened up. Not really. The Bears have enough talent on offense that a really big talent like Caleb, Drake or even Jayden could play well early on because this defense is built to win now. The offense has the pieces there especially if you add a stud WR along with the QB. People need to realize most qb play like shit because theyre usually on shit teams but there is a history of qbs playing for teams that were on the verge playing well almost immediately. Look at Dak, Big Ben, Cam Newton, RG3, Russ Wilson, Herbert, Mayfield and of course Stroud. Im sure there are a couple guys im missing but you get my point. I believe the Bears are in position to turn it around real quick with the right QB.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah man i totally blame Fields for the 4 play scoring drive too. I wish he blocked better for his RBs and that he didnt hold DJM after he threw him the football.

What are you opinions on Fields and the coaching staff? What should they do about the coaching staff? What about the draft?

Do you have any opinions that aren't "coach or player who haven't won Super Bowl = bad!"?
If it wasn’t for Fields, they wouldn’t have got that TD.

I think personnel wise that the most obvious answer going forward is not to keep Braxton Jones at LT. He was awful

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Fields actually escaped from Garrett and kept the play alive long enough to get the ball to Kmet.

But it took 10 plays actually.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I think many Bears fans on this very own forum think 31 other teams in the league have Mahomes level QB play, while the Bears are the only ones that don't.

You can keep replacing the QBs, but if you just keep bringing in shit coaches and have so-so talent around them, the Bears will just be looking for the next QB in 2027. It gets old after awhile.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
He hasnt improved. Check his stats against good teams as opposed to bad or mediocre teams. Its fools gold and youre falling for it. I know because i fell for it too but ive smartened up. Not really. The Bears have enough talent on offense that a really big talent like Caleb, Drake or even Jayden could play well early on because this defense is built to win now. The offense has the pieces there especially if you add a stud WR along with the QB. People need to realize most qb play like shit because theyre usually on shit teams but there is a history of qbs playing for teams that were on the verge playing well almost immediately. Look at Dak, Big Ben, Cam Newton, RG3, Russ Wilson, Herbert, Mayfield and of course Stroud. Im sure there are a couple guys im missing but you get my point. I believe the Bears are in position to turn it around real quick with the right QB.
Thinking this team will improve with just one new player IS the Fool's Gold, and it's people like you why the Bears will continue to suck.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
Why is that irrelevant? Brian Flores was gone and somehow Tua wasn't.

I just killed your whole premise.

Wasn't the Dolphins first pick in the 3rd round? The Bears have two 1sts. I would rather trade the pick and go with with Fields for another 1-2 years, but even I will admit that it isn't an apples to apples comparison. I totally understand the allure of starting fresh with a new HC/OC/QB, especially if you have the #1 pick and you like the top QB.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

There are few things that you can blame fields for (not really in this game) this is not one of them. Jesus y’all are dumb.