J.R. Smith on the Trading Block, Should the Bulls pursue him?

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
What blows me away is that no one is bringing up how JR got to the Nuggets in the first place.....FROM US! We got JR Smith in 2006 from New Orleans in the PJ Brown deal and what did we do??? Anyone? We got rid of him a week later for nothing. I can't imagine he would want to play here and frankly, I don't want to see it happen.

4th-5th post of the thread:

I was VERY pissed when we originally let him go for nothing.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
hes not better than gordon nor hinrich. he would have not been able to get play time. we got screwed by just trading him for 2 2nd rounders. we should have gotten way more.

Chicagoboi8819

Liked Posts:
Hell NO !!! he has attitude problems and could disrupt the good chemistry with this team. I know he is an athletic shooter , but do you really need a locker room cancer like him.

RandallPinkFloyd42

Liked Posts:
The Bulls do want another shooter, but Smith isn't the answer. The chemistry should be great on this team, and we don't want J.R. to mess it up. Go after Rudy Fernandez.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
apparently JR was involved in an altercation in the nuggets practice facility. He's an athletic shooter, but he's terribly inconsistent. One night he's hot, the next month he's terrible.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
JR is about as consistent as Chicago weather. He get go off for 40 and hit like 7 3's or he can shoot 1-13. Either can happen any given night. While I do wish we had gotten more for him when we traded him, I don't really see any reason to add him and his personality to the current team. The roster as is doesn't need chemistry problems jeopardizing our success. What we do need though, is someone with his skills minus all the attitude problems.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
Hell NO !!! he has attitude problems and could disrupt the good chemistry with this team. I know he is an athletic shooter , but do you really need a locker room cancer like him.

sarcasm.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
To add to the distinctions between Rudy and JR. Rudy has never choked a teammate in practice. That probably helps his reputation.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Bump.

Liked Posts:
Bulls only like glory boys, I'm sure he'll end up on some obscure team if he is moved

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
there was a time i woulda took a chance on JR

but right now i wouldn't touch him and i dont think any other team will either