J.R. Smith on the Trading Block, Should the Bulls pursue him?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ok guys. we don't want jj right? well why should we expect another team to want him for a legitimate talented piece???

you have to give up talent to get talent

If the Bulls and Nuggets swapped James Johnson straight-up for James Johnson (even though I'm pretty sure that's impossible), I would consider that to be a bad deal for both teams.

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
J.R. Smith is one of the most talented players in the league... but he's also the prototypical selfish NBA players. He takes horrible shots. In fact, I can't think of another player who takes worse shots who actually gets any playing time...

eddie-house.jpg

fantasy_g_nrobinson_300.jpg

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'll pass.

TheDude13

Liked Posts:
JR Smith is a more athletic version of Larry Hughes. They take teh same shots, brick em up, and kill the flow of a game. Hes the type of player that maybe if you bring him into a town like Boston where they had Ray Ray and KG(older veterans) they might make a difference, but you bring him to a team where the unrequitted leaders are a kid who just started being able to legally drink and a young 20s center who had alleged character issues himself when he first came into the league. He wont listen to those guys no matter how much the rest of the locker room does. He would be a contributor, but hes never been the type of player to buy into that.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If the Bulls and Nuggets swapped James Johnson straight-up for James Johnson (even though I'm pretty sure that's impossible), I would consider that to be a bad deal for both teams.

Wheres_Waldo_NES_ScreenShot1.jpg

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Does anyone else remember when we had JR for like a day?

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
There's no legal trade that would amount to getting JR without sending Rose, Noah, or Deng. We won't do the first two, Denver wouldn't take the third (and we probably wouldn't do that either). Everyone else doesn't add up to enough salary or can't be traded until Dec 15th.

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
yeah exactly, it's a moot point none the less, I just don't quite understand the level of JR Smith hate.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
we would we want to trade for JR? he's a streaky shooter that plays little to no defense. Admittedly we need shooting, but JR smith makes terrible decisissions, and he really isn't great enough for us to send anything more than a low first round pick plus JJ.

i wouldn't trade taj for jr.

plus he's on the final year of his contract. if we want him bad enough can't we use an mle enxt year?

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
Taj for JR, that's a no no.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Personally, I'd rather have Rudy Fernandez. He is cheaper, smarter and isn't going to be shooting for his next deal like Smith will. There is a reason we traded him for virtually nothing when he made a lot less on a rookie deal. I don't think management has changed their mind now that he is making 4x more.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
Rudy> JR difinitly.

not only are they similar players, but Jr brings a baggage in being a nutcase. i will easily take Rudy over JR.

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
So what would the reaction be if JR Smith openly complained about playing time last year and vowed to sit out the remaining years of his contract if he wasn't traded?

Because apparently when Fernandez does it, it's perfectly fine.

Shit I'm not even sure what "baggage" Smith has besides being a black dude with tats.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
So what would the reaction be if JR Smith openly complained about playing time last year and vowed to sit out the remaining years of his contract if he wasn't traded?

Because apparently when Fernandez does it, it's perfectly fine.

Shit I'm not even sure what "baggage" Smith has besides being a black dude with tats.

I know Rudy has complained about his playing time, but i much rather have Rudy over JR. JR is a nutcase and Rudy isn't. just because he is complaining about Playing time in Portland doesn't put him in the same category as JR. I wouldn't blame Rudy, He's in a team with that plays a very slow paced offense.

Plus, all this complaining he's doing is so he can be out of Portland. im sure if he lands in a team that he fits in well like the bulls he won complain, im sure he will get consistent min and will be happy here more than in Portland thats for sure.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
What'd JR ever do?

He posted a 18 per and .603 TS in 07-08 and 17 per and .576 TS in 08-09. The difference in last year was that he didn't have Karl to hold him in check half of the year

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
I'm just curious about all this supposed baggage that JR has, while at the same time pining for a guy who openly complained about PT publically, recently was fined and vowed to sit out the remaining years of his contract.

Rudy doesn't have nearly as many tats though.

Last edited: