Jalen Hurts should be the goal this offseason

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It easier to pick a draft after the fact.....that’s my point. It just doesn’t work that way.
Oh for fuck sake...did you NOT read my replay to that poster...that was my point, and you're trying to make the same point to me that I made to that poster

mbison said:
They should have drafted him last yet with the number 2 pick
Well they should of drafted Watson but they didn't

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Oh for fuck sake...did you NOT read my replay to that poster...that was my point, and you're trying to make the same point to me that I made to that poster

Well they should of drafted Watson but they didn't
got it.

WELL THEY SHOULD OF DRAFTED RODGERS BUT THEY DIDNT!

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
How many years did we just go through recently without a number 1 pick? It showed this year and if the Bears continue squandering high draft picks to find a savior (whether that be QB or DL) they will continue to be perennial also rans. Unless you are literally one player away from elite, which the Bears are not, it makes no sense. Unfortunately, Nagy/Pace probably don't have the luxury of a long term view anymore. I would take best OL available with #1 and best QB available with #2.

I think you could actually trade down a few spots maybe 5 and still get Trask and a extra draft pick.
Plus all the free agents are costly. They are almost alway overpriced

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
With three more years of control on his rookie deal you can bet that Philly would want a first round pick. With all options on table Pace/Nagy should consider it.
That’s they thing...if they want to get rid of him, you should control the deal. He isn’t worth a first rd pick,especially if they don’t want him.

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
I think you could actually trade down a few spots maybe 5 and still get Trask and a extra draft pick.
Plus all the free agents are costly. They are almost alway overpriced
Those are the kinds of moves the Bears should consider. Ones that fill a need with quality and provide additional picks.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
With Philly telling their coaching candidates that Wentz is staying I doubt they’d want much for him. More realistic than mortgaging the future for Deshaun Watson, who I doubt would wanna come here anyway.

And why would Philly trade J.Hurts on a rookie contract after how Wentz just played for them?

Another reason why we shouldn't trade for a QB who's best part of his game is his legs is........................Matt Nagy.

Last edited:

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
Also IMO Trask > Lance but knowing Pace he will trade up and squander picks to get Lance way before he trades down to still get Trask and acquire an additional pick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Also IMO Trask > Lance but knowing Pace he will trade up and squander picks to get Lance way before he trades down to still get Trask and acquire an additional pick.

That's a tough one for me cause i don't like playing fake GM or Scout and acting like i know which QB will be best in the NFL but from my very uneducated guess, i'd probably take the chance with T.Lance, even if we didn't have to trade up and he was there at #20, but that would be very scary using another 1st round pick on a QB with just one full year of college ball under his belt. I don't know why but Trask scares me for some reason. I like M.Jones over Trask.

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
That's a tough one for me cause i don't like playing fake GM or Scout and acting like i know which QB will be best in the NFL but from my very uneducated guess, i'd probably take the chance with T.Lance, even if we didn't have to trade up and he was there at #20, but that would be very scary using another 1st round pick on a QB with just one full year of college ball under his belt. I don't know why but Trask scares me for some reason. I like M.Jones over Trask.
Lance could be Mahomes2 BUT he has only put 2 skills on tape and there is no guarantee either translates to the NFL. One is his ability to run. The other is to throw deep to wide open receivers. Both against inferior competition. Trask on the other hand at least excelled in a pro style offense and his tape shows success with a much wider assortment of plays, reading defenses, going through a progression, and against a higher caliber of competition. But I would take Jones over Lance as well.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Lance could be Mahomes2 BUT he has only put 2 skills on tape and there is no guarantee either translates to the NFL. One is his ability to run. The other is to throw deep to wide open receivers. Both against the inferior competition. Trask on the other hand at least excelled in a pro style offense and his tape shows success with a much wider assortment of plays, reading defenses, going through a progression, and against a higher caliber of competition. But I would take Jones over Lance as well.

Yeah i get all that and i live in Florida so i saw everything that Trask has done in his career but plenty of college QB's that have played in tough conferences and in pro style offenses have been complete busts in the NFL. Any of these kids can be absolute busts or complete studs in the NFL but the NFL is a totally different animal than college ball is and the biggest thing that can't be predicted for these kids to make it as NFL QB's is what's between their ears.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Depends what they want for him.

But nah. He didn't really show that much to me outside of that saints game. I know its 4 games or whatever, but that last game vs. the redskins was awful.

Also, not sure why they would trade him because if wentz sucks they can always go back to hurts.

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
Yeah i get all that and i live in Florida so i saw everything that Trask has done in his career but plenty of college QB's that have played in tough conferences and in pro style offenses have been complete busts in the NFL. Any of these kids can be absolute busts or complete studs in the NFL but the NFL is a totally different animal than college ball is and the biggest thing that can't be predicted for these kids to make it as NFL QB's is what's between their ears.
I agree, there are no guarantees BUT I would rather take a chance on someone who has at least demonstrated some prowess and aptitude versus someone who "has all the tools" but has never actually demonstrated it. If you're a Bears fan you've seen that movie before...many times.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The goal this season is to do everything that needs to be done without wasting draft currency.

Reactions: DC

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Lance could be Mahomes2 BUT he has only put 2 skills on tape and there is no guarantee either translates to the NFL. One is his ability to run. The other is to throw deep to wide open receivers. Both against inferior competition. Trask on the other hand at least excelled in a pro style offense and his tape shows success with a much wider assortment of plays, reading defenses, going through a progression, and against a higher caliber of competition. But I would take Jones over Lance as well.
Wide open receivers happen in Chicago about as often as we win the Super Bowl.

I’m glad you aren’t the GM.....Jones will probably not be a great quarterback in the NFL.

You could probably trade down to get Trask at 25 or lower.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm expecting Pace/Nagy to operate a little more desperately than that and mortgage the future.

Depends who they mortgage it for.

But yes, I fully expect a trade up in the draft if we can't acquire a qb via trade.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Mac Jones also doesn’t possess the pocket mobility that has become essential at the next level, which could be the biggest obstacle for him to potentially sneak into the first-round conversation.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
With Philly telling their coaching candidates that Wentz is staying I doubt they’d want much for him. More realistic than mortgaging the future for Deshaun Watson, who I doubt would wanna come here anyway.

What makes u think after taking him in the 2nd round 2019......they'd turn around and trade him?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm expecting Pace/Nagy to operate a little more desperately than that and mortgage the future.
If I were them, I would talk with some fans.....just to get a different perspective. Could you imagine if he talked with fans before the 2017 scouting combine and draft.....I wonder if they would have done things differently.