Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What makes u think after taking him in the 2nd round 2019......they'd turn around and trade him?
They won’t unless someone offered them something they couldn’t refuse.
He is a cheap back up that can actually play.

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
Wide open receivers happen in Chicago about as often as we win the Super Bowl.

I’m glad you aren’t the GM.....Jones will probably not be a great quarterback in the NFL.

You could probably trade down to get Trask at 25 or lower.
I don't think Lance will be either. He seems to only have 2 dimensions to his game and any NFL defense should be able to take those away. I like Trask.

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
Depends who they mortgage it for.

But yes, I fully expect a trade up in the draft if we can't acquire a qb via trade.
The Bears are not one player away from being elite. A trade up just squanders draft picks for a rookie QB that everyone knows will not be the savior next year. A trade would be expensive and under Nagy's play calling and current Oline would also not be the savior next year. No one with a horizon beyond next year would mortgage the future to be marginally better in 2021, however, that may be the only shot Pace/Nagy have (unless their jobs are much much safer than we all think they should be).

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Depends who they mortgage it for.

But yes, I fully expect a trade up in the draft if we can't acquire a qb via trade.
Why trade up when the Bears can get a quarterback by drafting down. Trask would be a perfect fit for the Bears and you could probably get him lower than #20

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
You know this may not be a bad idea. From what I’ve been reading Wentz doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who wants to be looking over his shoulder and the owner will do anything to make him happy it sounds like. They realistically could deal him. They need draft capital to rebuild anyway.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You know this may not be a bad idea. From what I’ve been reading Wentz doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who wants to be looking over his shoulder and the owner will do anything to make him happy it sounds like. They realistically could deal him. They need draft capital to rebuild anyway.
So do we. Giving away a high draft pick for a player another team doesn’t even want, as you say, is just plain stupid.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You guys realize Pace passed on Jalen Hurts twice in the 2nd round, right?

Trading for Hurts now would be dumber than him having to trade for Watson.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
So do we. Giving away a high draft pick for a player another team doesn’t even want, as you say, is just plain stupid.
I didn’t say what capital to give up first of all. And there is actual NFL film of Hurts to break down. That is significant when comparing to college QBs who haven’t even take a professional snap.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I would do a Hurts for Foles trade.

Still. Nagy and Pace need short term wins to save their jobs and Hurts is still a project. They need a win now qb. Go for Matt Ryan, he's only 35

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I didn’t say what capital to give up first of all. And there is actual NFL film of Hurts to break down. That is significant when comparing to college QBs who haven’t even take a professional snap.
True, but look how it worked out for Mahomes, Jackson, and Watson. We need every draft pick we have and more. If they wanted a 3rd round that could be something to look at

circusboy666

Liked Posts:

Still. Nagy and Pace need short term wins to save their jobs and Hurts is still a project. They need a win now qb. Go for Matt Ryan, he's only 35
They are better off with a young QB with high upside bc that would extend them longer than an aging vet I would think even if it’s a few more wins with the vet.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Bwahahahahaha

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This thread.
:speechless:

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
To be honest I’m starting to feel like we should draft a QB every other season regardless. It’s all a crap shoot anyway.

Bust

Liked Posts:
To be honest I’m starting to feel like we should draft a QB every other season regardless. It’s all a crap shoot anyway.

Nothing stops them from drafting projects like Ian Book every year and develop them on the practice squad or holding a clipboard.

Bears need a veteran win now QB. Pace and Nagy's future is counting on it. Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kaepernick will get them 9 wins.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Nothing stops them from drafting projects like Ian Book every year and develop them on the practice squad or holding a clipboard.

Bears need a veteran win now QB. Pace and Nagy's future is counting on it. Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kaepernick will get them 9 wins.
Kaepernick???? Hahahahahaha ya ok

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would Philly give up a cheap back up?
Did you not think about that?
More realistic is that Philly’s new coach would rather have a decent back up making less than 2 million for 3 more years
Definitely with Wentz injury history.