Jalen Hurts should be the goal this offseason

21primetime

Liked Posts:
I think you could actually trade down a few spots maybe 5 and still get Trask and a extra draft pick.
Plus all the free agents are costly. They are almost alway overpriced
Kyle Trask will be there in the late 2nd early 3rd He has a noddle arm and is not Athletic Kyle is a statue in the pocket like nick foles

Bust

Liked Posts:
Kyle Trask will be there in the late 2nd early 3rd He has a noddle arm and is not Athletic Kyle is a statue in the pocket like nick foles

Bears seem to favor ND guys. They will draft Ian Book in the 5th.

21primetime

Liked Posts:
I don't think Lance will be either. He seems to only have 2 dimensions to his game and any NFL defense should be able to take those away. I like Trask.
Honestly what do you like about Trask? Did you see him vs Oklahoma ? The kid is a statue in the pocket and doesn’t have the strongest arm I can’t see him being a long term answer for the bears

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Mac Jones also doesn’t possess the pocket mobility that has become essential at the next level, which could be the biggest obstacle for him to potentially sneak into the first-round conversation.

I wouldn't say having pocket mobility is essential to make it in the NFL at QB because there's still guys that don't have that mobility still playing and winning in the NFL but i'm with you on it's obviously going that way and i'd rather have a QB that can run but it's not essential.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If we miss in the 1st round I would be fine circling back and putting a 2nd round package together for Hurts.

He has got that poise and calm we have been lacking.

The Eagles could easily move him if he and Wentz cannot coexist.

Why complain so much all the time about Pace trading draft picks only to talk about how you'd be fine with him trading away picks for players? Just wondering.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I wouldn't say having pocket mobility is essential to make it in the NFL at QB because there's still guys that don't have that mobility still playing and winning in the NFL but i'm with you on it's obviously going that way and i'd rather have a QB that can run but it's not essential.
Quarterbacks that run are nice to have because you want that element but when they run too much...they seem to get hurt. Steve Young said that no matter how good of a runner they are they need to be a quarterback that can throw from the picket and be better at it than running. Lamar can pass it just seems he wants to run more.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hell no ... hurts is worse than Lamar Jax and Lamar Jax cannot win one playoff game with a loaded roster on both sides of the ball

Ummmmm you do know Balt won week one of the playoffs right?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Quarterbacks that run are nice to have because you want that element but when they run too much...they seem to get hurt. Steve Young said that no matter how good of a runner they are they need to be a quarterback that can throw from the picket and be better at it than running. Lamar can pass it just seems he wants to run more.

Lamar can pass it? He'll miss or throw an INT more than he'll complete passes most of the time. He's not a accurate passer or a smart passer. He's got the arm just not much of anything else. I want a guy with mobility but he's gotta be a better passer than a runner for me.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Why complain so much all the time about Pace trading draft picks only to talk about how you'd be fine with him trading away picks for players? Just wondering.

Because he hasn't done it yet.

Once he trades up and the player fails people will act like they never were for it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Honestly what do you like about Trask? Did you see him vs Oklahoma ? The kid is a statue in the pocket and doesn’t have the strongest arm I can’t see him being a long term answer for the bears

Accuracy. He's as accurate as any QB in this class. You can't teach accuracy in the pros.

Also, one bad game a QB does not make. He was missing his top 4 targets and it showed.

Not saying trask will be good, but he's got the most important trait for an NFL QB down.

21primetime

Liked Posts:
Accuracy. He's as accurate as any QB in this class. You can't teach accuracy in the pros.

Also, one bad game a QB does not make. He was missing his top 4 targets and it showed.

Not saying trask will be good, but he's got the most important trait for an NFL QB down.
Yes Trask was missing his top weapons but a lot of his throws was off especially throwing outside of the numbers look at the pick 6 that was a awful throw and look weak Sam Howell was also missing his top weapons vs Texas a&m and looked much better than Trask I Personally think Trask will be a good back up in the NFL but not someone who you will make your franchise QB that’s just my opinion

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Because of his QB ineptness we need all options on the table. If they miss on the 1st round QBs they need to add a starter somewhere.

I am fine with trading picks. What I don’t like is when you trade multiple picks for a player. Like Anthony Miller cost us a 2nd and a 4th. That is 2 solid picks down the toilet.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Once he trades up and the player fails people will act like they never were for it.

1 for 1 I don’t have an issue.

But yes, when you trade up and miss it hurts the team more.

Glad you are catching on.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If we miss on the QBs in the draft we may have to trade for a young potential starting QB.

Hurts
Darnold
Minshew

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

But if it works they wanna throw the calledit posts down. I get it now, it's called being flip floppers.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Wide open receivers happen in Chicago about as often as we win the Super Bowl.

I’m glad you aren’t the GM.....Jones will probably not be a great quarterback in the NFL.

You could probably trade down to get Trask at 25 or lower.
I haven't been able to shake the images of Trask's last game with his Cutler-like performance and sulking.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
To be honest I’m starting to feel like we should draft a QB every other season regardless. It’s all a crap shoot anyway.
Draft a QB until you have one that is worth having. Then stop!

Luke

Liked Posts:
If we miss on the QBs in the draft we may have to trade for a young potential starting QB.

Hurts
Darnold
Minshew

I have never actually watched a jax game, how does Minshew look?
I can see he has been 16th in passer rating the past 2 seasons and has had put up good numbers against playoff teams this year.
Stats wise he looks somewhat mobile not to mention he plays on piss poor teams so he should fit right on in here.
What to you think it costs to get him?