Jalen Hurts should be the goal this offseason

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
This whole discussion seems pretty pointless. Hurts isn’t on the trade block in the normal sense. He’s on the block the way any player is on the block if another team is willing to way overpay for him. Which nobody will do. Philly owes Wentz a ton of money. It’s possible they’re telling coaching candidates interviewing they want them to try and make it work with Wentz because they don’t want to owe some guy like 50 million dollars that is sitting on the bench. They would trade Wentz in a second if they could. It’s not possible with his contract though. And I’m sure this “news” is also a last ditch effort to try and desperately maintain some sort of trade value for Wentz. By trying to conjure up leverage by claiming “he‘s our guy” it’s all just smoke and mirrors though. Philly is screwed because of his contract and they’re just saying anything to try and create some sort of leverage. Why would they trade Hurts? He’s on a rookie deal and their starter looks horrible. They don’t even want Wentz. They’re stuck with him. And you think they’re trying to trade the guy who replaced him and did okay? And is getting paid nothing?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Because of his QB ineptness we need all options on the table. If they miss on the 1st round QBs they need to add a starter somewhere.

I am fine with trading picks. What I don’t like is when you trade multiple picks for a player. Like Anthony Miller cost us a 2nd and a 4th. That is 2 solid picks down the toilet.

A.Miller was a beast in college who was a nice draft pick at pick #51 and it didn't cost us a 2nd and a 4th we got a 2nd round pick for a 2nd and a 4th so it cost us a 4th round pick. Good try and i'm willing to bet you liked the pick when it was made, but now you can once again tell us all about how you think that because they have the GM title they should be able to predict the future or see the future. I guess in your mind no GM should ever make bad moves.

No GM will ever make windy happy cause he doesn't seem to understand that mistakes are part of the job and happen to every GM that's ever been a GM and always will and i mean multiple mistakes.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes Trask was missing his top weapons but a lot of his throws was off especially throwing outside of the numbers look at the pick 6 that was a awful throw and look weak Sam Howell was also missing his top weapons vs Texas a&m and looked much better than Trask I Personally think Trask will be a good back up in the NFL but not someone who you will make your franchise QB that’s just my opinion

Once again, One game.

How about trask vs alabama when he threw for 400 yards and had 4 TD's?

If you judge a player on one game you end up drafting Mitch Trubisky.

msadows

Liked Posts:
But if it works they wanna throw the calledit posts down. I get it now, it's called being flip floppers.

They are very rarely right because they don't stray from the general consensus.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Except we already know all 3 suck.

Yea....why are we trading for other teams trash?

I'm confused, isn't the point to get better at the QB position?

The only young qbs worth trading for that has a shot of being on the market is watson and tua(If somehow the dolphins take a qb at 3 and pull a rosen).

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I haven't been able to shake the images of Trask's last game with his Cutler-like performance and sulking.
No one is perfect.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Kyle Trask will be there in the late 2nd early 3rd He has a noddle arm and is not Athletic Kyle is a statue in the pocket like nick foles
I see Trask going low 1st to mid 2nd just because of the position he plays. Trask is an old school pocket passer with limited mobility. For a guy who is 6-5 235 you would think he would have a big arm, but he doesn't. He has a solid above average arm with great accuracy in the short to mid range game, 10 to 30 yards he will kill the the other team. His deep ball right now is below average. That being said he is still a solid pro prospect. Trask is the type of quarterback who would need everything around him in good order to have success in the NFL, OLine, receivers, running game all have to be there.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I have never actually watched a jax game, how does Minshew look?
I can see he has been 16th in passer rating the past 2 seasons and has had put up good numbers against playoff teams this year.
Stats wise he looks somewhat mobile not to mention he plays on piss poor teams so he should fit right on in here.
What to you think it costs to get him?

He's another backup QB that i don't want anywhere near the Bears and is why Jax will be drafting Trevor.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I see Trask going low 1st to mid 2nd just because of the position he plays. Trask is an old school pocket passer with limited mobility. For a guy who is 6-5 235 you would think he would have a big arm, but he doesn't. He has a solid above average arm with great accuracy in the short to mid range game, 10 to 30 yards he will kill the the other team. His deep ball right now is below average. That being said he is still a solid pro prospect. Trask is the type of quarterback who would need everything around him in good order to have success in the NFL, OLine, receivers, running game all have to be there.

Some people still fail to realize you don't need a big arm or mobility to succeed in the NFL at the QB position.

You do, however, need accuracy.

I'm not sure what trask will be in the NFL, but some people think he's on the level of prospect as jake fromm. Trask might have mediocre arm strength, but so did plenty of the greatest QB's in nfl history, including two that will play tonight.

You don't need to be mobile. You do however need good pocket presence. Those are two different things. You can run a 5.0 40 and still be able to avoid a pass rusher by knowing where your lanes are.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He's another backup QB that i don't want anywhere near the Bears and is why Jax will be drafting Trevor.

Yea, no thanks.

Darnold might be the only one that would intrigue me because he was such a highly touted prospect, but I still know there is zero shot nagy fixes him.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
A.Miller was a beast in college who was a nice draft pick at pick #51 and it didn't cost us a 2nd and a 4th we got a 2nd round pick for a 2nd and a 4th so it cost us a 4th round pick. Good try and i'm willing to bet you liked the pick when it was made, but now you can once again tell us all about how you think that because they have the GM title they should be able to predict the future or see the future. I guess in your mind no GM should ever make bad moves.

No GM will ever make windy happy cause he doesn't seem to understand that mistakes are part of the job and happen to every GM that's ever been a GM and always will and i mean multiple mistakes.

He absolutely liked Miller.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He absolutely liked Miller.

So did i. I was all about Miller before the draft even got close to happening. I actually still think he could become a really good slot WR for a team that can get his head right but if he's gonna be a headcase like TO, BMarsh and A.Brown became then i don't want him anywhere near our locker room/team anyway.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So did i. I was all about Miller before the draft even got close to happening. I actually still think he could become a really good slot WR for a team that can get his head right but if he's gonna be a headcase like TO, BMarsh and A.Brown became then i don't want him anywhere near our locker room/team anyway.

Offense

-Before I get started this week I had a couple of big picture thoughts. What a win, what a night, what a change in culture and environment. I cannot remember being on the edge of my seat like that in a long time, it has been 12 years since we have been watching a team that was this easy to root for, this easy to get behind, who played with this much pride and energy. Last night was awesome for so many reasons. The Bears are back.

-Matt Nagy is a stud.

-Anthony Miller is going to be a star. He plays so hard and catches the ball in big moments.

Remember when we had a Windy who didn't cunt and bitch about everything and was probably the best poster on this board?

TuKf61l.jpg

msadows

Liked Posts:
Just a reminder.

You are not a GM. You are clueless.

You can't like a player one minute then cunt and moan about him the next. You were wrong, so was our GM.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So basically he is like 95% of the quarterbacks in the NFL.

THANKS. I would trade down to get him then. Trading up makes no sense for a team with holes everywhere

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

It cost us 2 picks to select Miller. A 2nd and a 4th.

Normally, it only costs 1 pick to get a player.

So when Miller scrubs out it costs more than it normally would and hurts the team more.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yea, no thanks.

Darnold might be the only one that would intrigue me because he was such a highly touted prospect, but I still know there is zero shot nagy fixes him.
Darnold is a career back up from this point on. He is worthless

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just a reminder.

You are not a GM. You are clueless.

You can't like a player one minute then cunt and moan about him the next. You were wrong, so was our GM.

Non of us get paid to be right.

The fact that you constantly compare our GM to a bunch of guys shooting the shit on the internet is the problem.

Some day you may be smart enough to see that.