Jarvis Landry wants $15 million per season

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
msadows must be Landry's mom. Your son is not getting 15Mil/yr. At least not from the Bears.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Wheaton was often injured, kendall wright was anything besides reliable as he has been cut by teams, Meredith was a 1 year producer, and Kevin White hasn't done shit. Which one of these receiver was reliable????

Because every WR outside landry people want to sign has been just as mediocre as those two. Lets sign moncrief who sucks just as much as wright did. Or how about john brown? Same shit. Richardson? One mediocre season. Even David Terrell had one of those. How about albert wilson? Yea, hed make a great #4 WR.

We signed mediocre trash and got mediocre trash play. If you all want to sign mediocre trash again don't expect any difference in the offense this year.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just because you need something doesn’t mean you need to hand out stupid contracts.

The Bears do not have nearly as much free money as you think as they have 23 free agents.

Agreed. This is going to be a huge offseason for Pace. I'll be curious to see how much he actually has to throw around after resignings and shedding the dead weight.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Wheaton was often injured, kendall wright was anything besides reliable as he has been cut by teams, Meredith was a 1 year producer, and Kevin White hasn't done shit. Which one of these receiver was reliable????

Edit: 1-2 mediocre seasons?

Allen Robinson had a 1.4k yard and 14 TD season, and the following year he had an 800 yard 6 td season. Kendall Wrights best season was in 2014 when he had 1k yards and 6 TDs. So you are just flat out wrong. Allen Robinson is also young, and he doesn't need to be playing the slot.

Wright has only had one other team. And I'm not sure he was cut as much as he wanted out. You've blended his 2013 (yds) and 2014 (tds) seasons.

msadows

Liked Posts:
msadows must be Landry's mom. Your son is not getting 15Mil/yr. At least not from the Bears.

Actually don't really even like landry that much. Just think the guys on here who believe paying 2 mediocre WR's the same price as landry to get essentially the same production is ridiculous

Every other FA wr in this class is not even close to a #1, or a #2 for that fact. Landry might be a slot WR but at least hes capable of putting up 100/1000 nearly every season.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Im not even considering Allen Robinson right now because I expect him to go back to the jags. Doubt any team splashes on him. But yes, I'd prefer him to landry if it weren't for the injuries. How can you sign two dudes coming off ACL tears when you already have glass kevin white.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Yes to Richardson at 7-10. No to Landry full stop.

We're going to have to pay one or two FA deals that are going to make you wince a bit. Because the alternative is worse.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Landry might get $15 mil a year, but I'd be surprised if the Bears are the team to give it to him. He's a handful but 25 year old receivers who average 100 catches and 1000 yards a season don't hit the market very often.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
It's sad to think someone believes Jarvis Landry will be a bear or get paid 15 million.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes to Richardson at 7-10. No to Landry full stop.

We're going to have to pay one or two FA deals that are going to make you wince a bit. Because the alternative is worse.

So you want to pay a dude 10m who has had one decent season. Versus paying a dude 15m whos had 4? Nice, I guess we can use those extra 5m to sign a backup corner like marcus cooper.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Landry can go blow himself. That's AJ Green money...

msadows

Liked Posts:
It's sad to think someone believes Jarvis Landry will be a bear or get paid 15 million.

Some would say its just as sad to think paying 2 WR's 15m who averaged the same production as him is a smart move.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Is Landry worth the effort? Pace better be trying. The guy is setting records. He’s 25yrs old and it’s a HUGE need. Front load the contract if they are worried.

Majority of Bears future is still on rookie contracts. They are top 10 in cap space (not Glennon 16mil 2 mil cap hit and other dead weight) . They have, I think, 20 UFAs and 10 are worth resigning. Most of UFAs are for depth and cheap contracts. Bears have to surround TRU with talent. Stop fucking around.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Landry can go blow himself. That's AJ Green money...

Davante Adams just signed for about that. So yea. I could see him getting that. Alshon is going to make 15m a year in 2019.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Wright has only had one other team. And I'm not sure he was cut as much as he wanted out. You've blended his 2013 (yds) and 2014 (tds) seasons.

Ooops definitely blended those seasons.

On a side note I think allen robinson is by far the best FA WR this off season.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Davante Adams just signed for about that. So yea. I could see him getting that. Alshon is going to make 15m a year in 2019.

Just because the Packers went full Hawk doesn't mean the Bears have to as well. Ashlon is going to make $1m in 2018, so what's your point?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Just because the Packers went full Hawk doesn't mean the Bears have to as well. Ashlon is going to make $1m in 2018, so what's your point?

Still averages out to 13m a year. My point is both of those didn't hit FA this year and made that money. No shit hes going to make the most money of prob any WR out there if he tests FA considering hes a 2x pro bowler whos only 25. I wont be shocked if he gets 15m and maybe even more. Thats what happens when an elite talent hits FA.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'd be fine with 12-13 range if it includes some sort of voidable due to suspension clause, to keep him in line. I mean, there is already video of him pushing around the mother of his kid, and his antics on the field haven't been great recently, either -- so I'd like some protection when giving a hothead like that a huge contract. But, I doubt he'd go for something like that especially if he's already looking for the 3rd most expensive contract of any wideout.