Jarvis Landry wants $15 million per season

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Just b/c he wants $15,000,000 doesn't mean he'll get it. I think Jeffery wanted more than he signed for last year. He ended up having to settle for a 1-year prove-it deal.

I don't see Pace going after Landry. He's not big on character risk guys.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Landry has the most receptions ever for a WR in his first four seasons. I'd 100% take Robinson, but I'd have no problem signing Landry and drafting Ridley to go along with Meredith and Inman. I'd very well look into what it would take to get Martavis Bryant as well.

I don't think you guys realize how much value Landry has. He's a first down machine, and I honestly don't think Miami has even maximized his ability. He could be Wes Welker x100. An outlet like that for Trubisky would be fucking huge. Regardless, as long as they improve their WR corps, I won't be crying if they missed out on him.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Perhaps Albert Wilson and Willie Snead are options also.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Martavis Bryant is just as much trouble as Jarvis Landry but he'd cost the Bears 7-9 million. Bryant also has the speed at 4.42.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Some would say its just as sad to think paying 2 WR's 15m who averaged the same production as him is a smart move.

Some would say oh wait the majority would say you're a fucking idiot.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
No way is Landry worth that. What dumbass would pay $15 million a season to a wr with a lower career ypc average than TE Zach Miller?

Oh they are out there. Do I agree on that price, no. But trust me, someone will be willing to pay that. There are some contracts that surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Instead of signing Mike Glennon for 18, I'd be willing to get Landry and Wilson for 20.. Not sure how anyone would be upset with that.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article192827284.html

He also really likes living in Miami and wants to stay there.

Also Paul Richardson wants $7-$10 million per season and his best season is 700 yards. Bear are better off in the draft.

I agree but the WR corps is such that it is, they have to get at least one,if not two, WRs in FA. The Bears have to fix the position. Now. Of course, build through the draft but they can’t build the position fast enough through the draft. I am not saying yes or no to any one player but they have to get better at the position sooner rather than later.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
The current crop of FA Wide Receivers is poor - we tried taking a chance on Wheaton and look how that turned out.

This lot all have question marks of different types, their level of production and character against cost looks poor value. Meredith is coming back, and I prefer Wright and Inman to most of the FA options - they have spent some time here, both have shown decent hands and seems like good guys around the locker room. Keep those two and add another couple of WRs in the draft is the direction I'd go in.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Too many of you are concerned about money that is not even yours.....

I hope they spend some money on a True #1, and Landry fits that mold.

A guy like Landry would draw so much attention that he would actually make the rest of the WR Corp better, but I do not want "the rest" to be scrubs.

Honestly if not one of our WR was back with the team next year, it would not break my heart. However that is not realistic, so we need a real play maker like Landry.

I'm not saying it must be Landry, but there are not a ton of "turn key" #1 WRs out there in FA.

Reactions: Myk

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Robinson is my first choice but he most likely stays for at least another year on a prove it deal.

As much as it sucks our WR core is that bad and is that big a question mark that over paying for someone like Landry is almost necessary. He doesn’t fit the typical scheme they’ve run in KC as a 4.4 and under guy. But he’s a nice security blanket for your young QB who can fight for 1st downs, and Nagy may use him on more deep routes than Miami did.

If not Pual Richardson is my choice. Still has a ton of upside

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Martavis Bryant is just as much trouble as Jarvis Landry but he'd cost the Bears 7-9 million. Bryant also has the speed at 4.42.

There is a difference between being trouble and being a suspension risk. Bryant is a suspension risk. I'd be shocked if someone gave him 7-9 million as you are talking about a guy that will miss a year if he is busted again. Landry for all his mouth doesn't have that issue.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Agreed. This is going to be a huge offseason for Pace. I'll be curious to see how much he actually has to throw around after resignings and shedding the dead weight.

People like making all these cuts of players when they do their mocks on here but forget that every one of those players you cut along with all the free agents need to be replaced and that takes money/cap.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It's sad to think someone believes Jarvis Landry will be a bear or get paid 15 million.

Just cause he's asking for $15 mil doesn't mean he's gonna get $15 mil. I'd still pay the guy like $13 mil just cause having a reliable slot guy with great hands and stays pretty healthy and is a top slot in the league will be huge for Trubs' development.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Every time i would watch Ballers on HBO and see Ricky Jarrett he would always remind me of J.Landry.

Has absolutely nothing to do with this thread but had to say it.