Javon Wims might get to play on Sunday?

How many snaps/TDs will Javon Wimms get this Sunday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wimms? Is that like Jefferies? I hope we don't have to listen to announcers calling Wims Wimms. It's bad enough hearing Cone for Cohen.
Yeah sorry about that. Im going to edit it when im on my labtop.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Yeah sorry about that. Im going to edit it when im on my labtop.

Just giving crap.
I'm not sure if you can edit a title. It might show up on your screen but nobody else's, or it only shows up inside the thread, I think that was here. I'm sure everyone knows who it is.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wimms? Is that like Jefferies? I hope we don't have to listen to announcers calling Wims Wimms. It's bad enough hearing Cone for Cohen.

If you ask any Jewish person with the last name Cohen they pronounce it almost like saying cone. So technically those people are correct. Just sayin.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If you ask any Jewish person with the last name Cohen they pronounce it almost like saying cone. So technically those people are correct. Just sayin.

I've never heard heard it one syllable until SNF. Went to jewelry/watchmaker school with many Jews. Worked with many over the years. Even had a big store here growing up called Cohen's, and their commercials said co-enz.
Although I don't think Tarik is Jewish, I've never heard him say his own name either.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've never heard heard it one syllable until SNF. Went to jewelry/watchmaker school with many Jews. Worked with many over the years. Even had a big store here growing up called Cohen's, and their commercials said co-enz.
Although I don't think Tarik is Jewish, I've never heard him say his own name either.

Tarik isn't Jewish, his last name is.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm really excited to see this p season hero take the field and am right there with the OP. I think he has the intangibles to be a true wide receiver #3 (or higher, maybe true #2 or even #1b type) in this league if he has enough time to gel with Trubisky. With Miller OD'ing we need a guy to step up and fill that role he left behind. I hope he's got mad hands and both vertical and horrizontal hopping prowess cus Trubs accuracy is on a meh streak these days 4 sure.

I got him coming out the gate with TWO rushes for 18 yards and FOUR catches for 54 yards and a TD and I honestly think this is a little conservative

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh and I voted for the THIRD option because I think that best fits my thoughts but I would have preferred more choices so I could pick what's actually gonna happen on Sunday

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Tarik isn't Jewish, his last name is.

The reason I mentioned that is his family may pronounce it differently that the official ethnic way (if there is one) without an ethnic connection, Co-Hen or Co-Heen.
I knew brothers who pronounced their last names differently (maybe to screw with people). There are no rules.

What I found online says Co-en. Except one person who said Cone but someone pointed out the person he used as an example actually had the last name of Cohn.
Leonard Cohen was always co-en every time I heard it.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I heard it on the twitter that one of our best WR in preseason might be reactivated and put out there for some live snaps gameday sunday. All the buzz is about Kelvin White getting more snaps from AntMill being out but I think it's a classic Nagy smokescreen and they are putting in Javon to show off his talents!!!

If this is true I might have to move my passing TD prediction up to at least THREE passing TDs and one shovelpassing TD against the Bucs.

Buckle Up!

I have zero faith but I hope you are right.

Does the milk carton critter thing count now that you ditched Ernie?

(I am actually hoping to google for them on Monday and in a weird kind of way it twisted me into some kind of new type of fan with hope merely from the idea of picturing myself looking for them and putting them under my CCS name in my imagination)

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I dont know man, the first guy in when Miller went out was Bellamy not White.

Last year Gentry had immediate chemistry with Mitch, this year Wimms was that offensive player.

If an undrafted rookie is getting the CB start, why not Wimms?

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I dont know man, the first guy in when Miller went out was Bellamy not White.

Last year Gentry had immediate chemistry with Mitch, this year Wimms was that offensive player.

If an undrafted rookie is getting the CB start, why not Wimms?

When you see Wimms play do you think "true #3 potential"? I don't. Let's let the bears play the superior talent and see what happens buddy

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
When you see Wimms play do you think "true #3 potential"? I don't. Let's let the bears play the superior talent and see what happens buddy

When I saw Wimmms in preseason I thought he was the steal of the draft, mainly because of his draft position and talent. But I also figure there must be a reason he wasn't made a starter in the regular season. My guess would be routes, that seems to be what holds WRs up on making the switch.

JT_Bonfire

Liked Posts:

No, they don't. It actually annoys most Cohen's when people do that (at least, that's what my friend told me). It's pronounced Co-In or Co-enn.

When people pronounce their name as "Cone", most Cohen's will actually reply back "Why don't you Cohen f#ck yourself". True story.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No, they don't. It actually annoys most Cohen's when people do that (at least, that's what my friend told me). It's pronounced Co-In or Co-enn.

When people pronounce their name as "Cone", most Cohen's will actually reply back "Why don't you Cohen f#ck yourself". True story.

Ahahahahahahaha

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yep. I know a few Cohens that would tell you the same thing.

They will Jajajaja at you if you pronounce it "Cone".

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

stick to shoes buddy

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Wims might be another camp hero, but I hope he is able to make an impact and take White's reps.

Thing that jumps out to me about him is the body control, dude can really go up an high point a ball, and surprising speed for a 6-4 WR. I know the game he had in the HOF game was against much lesser talent but the catch along the side lines where he went up over the defender and pulled in the ball highlighted that.

He has Jeffery size and presents a big target for less than perfect throws. He might just be the security blanket that can give Trubisky some confidence.