Jaworski in Philly reporting Colts offered best deal BY FAR

cosmodinardo

Liked Posts:
that Bears never made serious offer to Eagles for Wentz. He said that the Colts made the "best offer by far"....offering two second round draft pics, and maybe a 3rd or a 4th down the road. He said NEITHER team offered a first, which pissed off Roseman who was adamant about receiving at least one first round draft pick in exchange for Wentz. Jaworski said he doesn't see Ballard improving his offer since he realizes that the Eagles have zero leverage, their relationship with Wentz is broken beyond repair and he is not worried about any other teams making a better offer than the Colts offer of 2-2nd round picks. Jaworski expects Ballard to just play the waiting game, knowing full well that Roseman will eventually cave and agree to the deal.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Pace breaks down and offers #20/Foles for Wentz - do the eagles take it?

2 2nds, 3rd or 4th and dealing Wentz to the AFC sounds more appealing.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And why would either team offer a first? Maybe Rossman didn't see how bad Wentz was last year

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
According to threads currently:
The colts made the best offer
bears are the best offer
the bears are growing impatient in trade talks for Wentz
Pace never made an offer for Wentz

I’m beginning to think that it is all a bunch of fake news for clicks

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
anyone thinking bears will get left out on FA qb's this year? looking more likely pace will overpay again in some way.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
that Bears never made serious offer to Eagles for Wentz. He said that the Colts made the "best offer by far"....offering two second round draft pics, and maybe a 3rd or a 4th down the road. He said NEITHER team offered a first, which pissed off Roseman who was adamant about receiving at least one first round draft pick in exchange for Wentz. Jaworski said he doesn't see Ballard improving his offer since he realizes that the Eagles have zero leverage, their relationship with Wentz is broken beyond repair and he is not worried about any other teams making a better offer than the Colts offer of 2-2nd round picks. Jaworski expects Ballard to just play the waiting game, knowing full well that Roseman will eventually cave and agree to the deal.

That's a lot for Wentz really. Never been very good since the injuries and you know there's more injuries to come with him. Every last bit of success Philly had included him not playing.

Jay2Marsh

Liked Posts:
Ballard is right though, how can they expect a first if they clearly don't think he's starting material and want to get rid of him because of that?

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everything I’m seeing here supports that Roseman is overvaluing Wentz and the other GMs have been disciplined in their response.

I’m fine with Wentz going to Indy if they want to offer two 2nds. The Bears should be moving on to their next option.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing I find a little interesting is if not Wentz, who do the Colts plan on using at QB this year?

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They still have Brissett who I doubt they want to start without another option in their back pocket.

Basically a similar situation as the Bears. There are low end starters available in FA. They could draft someone. They could trade for someone.

Without an obvious clear cut starter, they’re both looking at multiple options for a single position.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They still have Brissett who I doubt they want to start without another option in their back pocket.

Basically a similar situation as the Bears. There are low end starters available in FA. They could draft someone. They could trade for someone.

Without an obvious clear cut starter, they’re both looking at multiple options for a single position.

But the Colts are a lot closer to being a contender than the Bears, if they get a decent QB.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But the Colts are a lot closer to being a contender than the Bears, if they get a decent QB.
Absolutely but is Wentz still a good QB? That’s debatable.

They obvious have an inside angle to what he’s worth with Reich. They set a reasonable price, more than Wentz is worth IMO so we’ll see.

People seem to forget that Ballard has a history with the Bears. These aren’t two teams you can play off each other to drive up the price.

Roseman is overplaying his hand and is going to lose all leverage.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Pace breaks down and offers #20/Foles for Wentz - do the eagles take it?

2 2nds, 3rd or 4th and dealing Wentz to the AFC sounds more appealing.
Roquan + 20 + Foles= superbowl

(and money for LT, WR)

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So I suppose that's the real reason the Bears lost patience.

I'm sure they inquired but the eagles were using the Bears' name to try to drive up the cost of what the colts were offering.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Roquan + 20 + Foles= superbowl

(and money for LT, WR)

I'd rather give up a draft pick than give up Roquan. And when it comes to Wentz, our 1st + Foles should be enough.

Ugh, I don't want to give up anything for him. And it's not even about Wentz. It's about what we'd be bringing him in to. The Bears are a mess. The Colts are a QB away from losing in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs.