Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Man, if only all of us were brilliant enough to not be able to figure out the multi-quote button.

It's really not that challenging. Some chose to use an alternative.

Did using it become a requirement/ mandate here?

Thought not.
Does that translate into, "Multi-quote button? What the fuck is that? I will try to distract by pretending it is beneath me."

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Actually, I consider it Cutler folding when the season was on the line.

Then we will have to agree to disagree. I think he did just fine in the 2nd to last game against Buffalo. Then again I understand the likelihood of a team winning when their defense is busy giving up so many points. The fact that they won 8 games & were in almost every game of the year tells me that the offense did quite well that year.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Then we will have to agree to disagree. I think he did just fine in the 2nd to last game against Buffalo. Then again I understand the likelihood of a team winning when their defense is busy giving up so many points. The fact that they won 8 games & were in almost every game of the year tells me that the offense did quite well that year.

If that's the case...then you're football Special person.

The Broncos were down by 7 a majority of the 4th and Cutler couldn't bring them back. Hell...even the shitty D held the Bills to a 3 and out after Cutler threw a boneheaded INT.

I still don't get your fetish with a season Cutler is 7 years removed from.

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So he admits he screwed up with Cutler. He should have held him responsible. He was the GM. Therefore, the main guy who should have held him responsible.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

You're debating with a guy who (before we signed him to crippling contract) actually said he "hopes Cutler leaves the Bears and we get stuck with a crappy QB because Jay deserves better".

There are Bears fans who like Cutler.

There are Bears fans who hate Cutler.

And then there are fans of Cutler who could care less about the team.

3rd despises the Bears...

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the bears and i'm glad they signed cutler for the long haul.

sure he isn't elite but we have a solid starting qb till they find one and try to rebuild the team shit was genius if ya ask me

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:

The Broncos were down by 7 a majority of the 4th and Cutler couldn't bring them back. Hell...even the shitty D held the Bills to a 3 and out after Cutler threw a boneheaded INT.

I still don't get your fetish with a season Cutler is 7 years removed from.

Nice response, way to keep it cordial.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
You're debating with a guy who (before we signed him to crippling contract) actually said he "hopes Cutler leaves the Bears and we get stuck with a crappy QB because Jay deserves better".

Says the guy, who kept saying Webb didn't need to be replaced.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Well they clearly have no effect on your opinions.

Much like your assessment of Cutler...you're doing it wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

sure he isn't elite but we have a solid starting qb till they find one and try to rebuild the team shit was genius if ya ask me

He's solid at times, and downright dreadful at other times.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Sure seems that way.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Where would the Bears be now if they had not ever gotten Cutler but instead had the draft picks back?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Where would the Bears be now if they had not ever gotten Cutler but instead had the draft picks back?

Without two first rounders and Kyle Orton. The 3rd rounder might have panned out

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Says the guy, who kept saying Webb didn't need to be replaced.

Never said that.

What I said, was that if Dumb ass Tice was going to continue to trot Webb - a guy I considered to be the worst tackle in the NFL - onto the field, then I will support him and hope he plays beyond MY realistic expectations and helps us win.

But when that clock hits zero, I will rip his play apart without mercy if he didn't.

Similar to my thoughts on Cutler. As long as he is our QB and on the field behind center, I will cheer, support, and hope to hell he exceeds my expectations and help the team win.

That's what (IMO) real fans of the team should want.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Sadly, I suspect Angelo would have blown the picks anyway.

But, just looking logically at the teams needs at the time, how they drafted, and who was available, here is my pure speculation...

In 2009, Angelo was focused on the D Line - especially DE. Lovie wanted to upgrade Alex Brown at RDE. He drafted Glibert and Melton with 2 of his first 3 picks (Melton was listed as a DE converted from RB coming out). I suspect given who was available at the Bears pick at that time, he would have taken Robert Ayers - same guy the Broncos took.

With their #3 pick that year, they likely would have looked at WR (that year they also tried to supply Cutler with weapons and drafted Knox and Iglecias). Mike Wallace may have been a possibility with that pick. He was the highest rated WR left at that point. Angelo also could very well have drafted the guy they got in the 3rd - Iglecias.

In 2010, the Bears were still focused on DE. When Melton came in looking a lot more like an interior player, he was shifted to the 3T. Remember, we traded our #2 pick for Gaines Adams earlier... So, I think they would have still been focused on DE. Brandon Graham out of Michigan seems like a guy Angelo would have gone after. He was probably the best rated DE at that point. After him, Jason Paul Pierre could very well have been our first round pick. Derrick Morgan was also available.

We drafted a safety in the 3rd (which was also a #1 priority). Earl Thomas was the top rated S on the board at the pick we traded.

Really no way to know.. All deductive speculation. But that is what seems to make the most sense to me.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Actually in 2010 Melton was a DE, they didn't switch him to 3tech in 2011

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Its quite surprising to see how much this organization has catered to Cutler. Whether it be coaching or personnel