Jay VS. the Rookie QB's

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
fair point.

To answer the question: semi-troubling. But since the GB game, Cutler's been Orton'd. Asked to not lose the game. He's taken some deep shots, some have been effective, some have been picked, but he's taken fewer chances, imo, the last 4 games. But I'd like to see his #s better than they are.

I think at the end of the day, we're a little jaded as far as evaluating QBs due to fantasy football. Our defense doesn't require our offense to score 30 points a game, so QBs with bad defenses (Brees, Rodgers, Manning's to an extent) are going to have more yards/TDs b/c they're throwing more often. That being said, again, I'd like to see Jay's #s better than they are.
True, good post...my question for you though, since Jay's been ''Orton'd''...shouldn't he be completing more than 58% of his passes? Imo, it's the main reason the offense is struggling...which leads to 3 and outs, a tired D, bad field position, and all the rest.

A hot topic lately has been what we do on first down...I can't find it, but am almost sure I remember the stat correctly that Jay, has only completed 47% of his passes on 1st down...which speaks volumes imo.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not going to fetch sticks for you. If you want to see each game's stats then look them up yourself. He had a very good game against Dallas and after the early pick six against Indy his performance was good. Other than that, it's not been good. GB was the only one that was atrociously bad, but his performance in the Rams, Lions and Panthers games were mediocre.

My definition of mediocre is a performance that is merely average to below average. Cutler is supposed to be, according to some, one of the better QBs in the league, so when he ranks toward to the bottom end of the NFL in starting QBs I definitely consider that a mediocre performance. You don't?

Here are his game by game stats:

Jay-game-stats.jpg

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
lmao the not liking me thing was from the other thread, was a joke, and either way I don't care. I'd prefer being friendly and discuss topics with all of you, just doesn't seem possible at times. I'm not mad at ya man.
Good, if you hold Jay accountable then great, seems like the only shit thats allowed to be said on the board is Jay is 6-1, Mike Tice is the problem...I prefer discussing the person who plays the most crucial role on the team....the QB. I don't get why he cant be discussed.

And yes, Jaysus...you like that aye?

Here is the thing cago, you don't you don't normally have nice friendly discussions with people. You either

A) Go into that you don't like me shit which you have done to me and Ari Bear

B) Resort to calling people names liike fanboy which is dumb imo

C) Go on a long ass rant for no reason

Im not even going to pretend once again that im the perfect poster because most of the time i post sarcasm to stupid threads but come on now dude. Jay is constantly being discussed mainly by the same damn people, it's getting old lol. And no I don't like the nickname Jaysus, it's about as dumb as the shoopster's nicknames

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's beyond having a differing opinion. Pride already explained it to you and it seems like it is gone over in every thread that is made for this discussion or turns into this discussion, but apparently it goes way over your head.
Well, I'm sorry for talking about your hero, put me on ignore...I dunno what to tell you.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL I love the Shoopster's nicknames.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I knew we were 30th in the league in passing but wow.

I guess people can reasonably defend Jay and say well we're 6-1. We will have to see when the defense struggles (and when we play the Pack) , will Jay step up with multi-TD 300+ passing yards and win us the game.

We can't blame everyone other than Jay. He's got Marshall now,his QB coach, new OC like he wanted and yet he is regressing.. More and more he is looking like an average QB, than the pro-bowler we were hoping for. I guess we have to lower our expectations *shrugs*
I guess this is what I don't understand. Our defense did struggle against Carolina, and Jay pulled out the win for us. Was I the only one watching the game?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
True, good post...my question for you though, since Jay's been ''Orton'd''...shouldn't he be completing more than 58% of his passes? Imo, it's the main reason the offense is struggling...which leads to 3 and outs, a tired D, bad field position, and all the rest.

A hot topic lately has been what we do on first down...I can't find it, but am almost sure I remember the stat correctly that Jay, has only completed 47% of his passes on 1st down...which speaks volumes imo.

In theory, yeah, he should be completing 60%+ of his passes, but a lot of that is on the OC, too. We know that moving Marshall around and him running a slant is golden....so why do we run a fly route for a TE and a 20 yard stop for Marshall on 1st down (happened on the 1st play of the game last week)? I'd also, as many have said on here, would like to get Forte more involved in the passing game. The dude's a complete RB...we should use him as such.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is the thing cago, you don't you don't normally have nice friendly discussions with people. You either

Im not even going to pretend once again that im the perfect poster because most of the time i post sarcasm to stupid threads but come on now dude. Jay is constantly being discussed mainly by the same damn people, it's getting old lol. And no I don't like the nickname Jaysus, it's about as dumb as the shoopster's nicknames
Go back and read the thread from start to finish and pay attention when shit gets outta hand on my end...it is ALWAYS after someone says some dumb ass shit to me first. Otherwise, I keep on topic and argue points I don't agree with...same shit you do, correct?

EDUB316

Liked Posts:

speaking of shoopster, I am starting to miss that guy. The one thing this place lacks is characters. shoopster, bob, boobears, etc. Yeah they were trolls, but they were actually pretty good at their roles and provided some entertainment.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Holy fuck ladies...again?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I guess this is what I don't understand. Our defense did struggle against Carolina, and Jay pulled out the win for us. Was I the only one watching the game?

The defense gave up 22 points. The only TD they allowed came from Cutler fumbling deep in Bears territory. The reason the Bears struggled was because the offense was atrocious for the first 55 minutes of the game. In the last 5 minutes, Cutler finally pulled his head out of his ass and even then it was only yet another defensive TD that kept us in it.

To imply that the defense was poor and Jay was the hero is revisionism to an Iraqi Minister for Information degree.

Last edited:

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's a true rookie on a team that was 2-14 a year ago. Tell me you see the stark difference in the overall quality of the Bears' team as opposed to the Colts' team.

I didn't even mention wins and losses. Yes, the Bears defense is much better. I will also concede that the Bears RBs are better. But Reggie Wayne is pretty dang good. So is Brandon Marshall. My main point is that you are comparing an average of 5 rookies vs a veteran. One of the rookies (RGIII) is performing way above all the other 4 (stat-wise). I recommend comparing them individually or not at all. Perferably the latter.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL I love the Shoopster's nicknames.

Come on now, i thought you were smarter than that.The Shoopster reminds me of Adam Sandler, Adam Sandler's movie plots are the same except his character as a different name, the shoopster post and threads are the same except he changes his nicknames at times. In the end you wonder why you wasted your time watching it

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
In theory, yeah, he should be completing 60%+ of his passes, but a lot of that is on the OC, too. We know that moving Marshall around and him running a slant is golden....so why do we run a fly route for a TE and a 20 yard stop for Marshall on 1st down (happened on the 1st play of the game last week)? I'd also, as many have said on here, would like to get Forte more involved in the passing game. The dude's a complete RB...we should use him as such.
I get your point about the play calling and/or game planning but I'm thinking Marshall is an elite wr and the corp has been vastly improved. Where would Cutler be without Marshall this year and why is he not showing any improvement in spite of being given better weapons?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
The defense gave up 22 points. The only TD they allowed came from Cutler fumbling deep in Bears territory. The reason the Bears struggled was because the offense was atrocious for the first 55 minutes of the game. In the last 5 minutes, Cutler finally pulled his head out of his ass and even then it was only yet another defensive TD that kept us in it.

To imply that the defense was poor and Jay was the hero is revisionism to an Iraqi Minister for Information degree.
I don't care what happened early in the game. What happened at the end of the game when it matters the most?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Go back and read the thread from start to finish and pay attention when shit gets outta hand on my end...it is ALWAYS after someone says some dumb ass shit to me first. Otherwise, I keep on topic and argue points I don't agree with...same shit you do, correct?

I'd bee lying to say i always stay on topic, it's not my M.O