Jed Hoyer Disses Cubs Fans

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Like I said a stockpile of trash

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

So because the cubs have 4 top 35 prospects in all of baseball and 5-6 in the top 100 depending on who's list you look at and Blackburn is #10 in their system he's trash? Is Blackburn the second coming of Clayton Kershaw? Probably not but he has a very real shot at being a solid #3 starter relatively shortly and has the potential to be a #2 if things go right. His fastball sits in the 90-94 range which isn't amazing but it's not bad either and the rest of his pitches are plus(curve and a changeup).

I've tried to give you a chance but at this point that's blatant trolling or ignorance or I suppose possibly both.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Shouldn't it be the opposite since so many White Sox prospects have blown chunks?

No? Our prospects are always ranked to be shit. So when someone like Reed, Sale, Johnson, etc comes up and performs well, that wasn't their projection. Hence why I wait.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
No? Our prospects are always ranked to be shit. So when someone like Reed, Sale, Johnson, etc comes up and performs well, that wasn't their projection. Hence why I wait.

You're too young then to know about all our "elite" prospects that fizzles mid 90s to early 2000s

Sale reed and johnson all rated high

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Probs. I didn't get involved until 2004.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Paul Blackburn is. He's a top 10 prospect on some lists. Rob Zastryzny rated in at 16th on cub's den list. Duane Underwood rated in at 17th. Tyler Skulina, Eric Leal, and Jen Ho Tseng are other names just outside the top 20.

Also this link talks about Theo and companies approach
http://www.chicagonow.com/cubs-den/...bs-plan-to-attack-power-pitching-with-volume/

I'll side with Brett for now.

Didn't Blackburn start something ridiculously hot at Boise, like 5 games without a run given up? Then proceeded the next 7 to balloon his ERA, giving up 26 runs in those starts?

Duane Underwood? Now you're really grasping at straws. Right now both aren't special, unless they make significant changes.

I think Pierce Johnson has the best shot to be a starter, then Zastrysyny. Edwards, like CFS said on another thread, I think will be a bullpen guy.

Of course, Mark Appel could have been in the Cubs system together.......cancelling this negative talk about pitching prospects. He, Baez, and Bryant would have been a disgusting 1-2-3. Next summer has to be a college arm. Assuming Rondon goes first, and Tre Turner being the best bat and a projected top 3 right now--that leaves Jeff Hoffman (unlikely), Tyler Beede, and Sean Newcomb. Although its still far too early to tell.

This 'article' is biased and written by a fan (LOL did waldo do it?)

'Cardinals focus on power arms and athletes. Why? Because those are two things you cant create out of nothing.' Lance Lynn clearly is the exception to the rule, dude's a big boy--but doesn't every team chase this now? Seriously?

You hear about a kid who throws a 95 mph fastball with great 2nd and 3rd pitches, is young, ranked high, and no arm problems. You need pitching. What are you going to do? Pass on him? :dontsay:

Every team will want the kid I described. The cards have stockpiled them. That's not news or a big, special secret.

Why is Aroldys Vizcaino even mentioned? When was the last time this guy threw a pitch? I would like to see Skulina and Maples get their shit together......

I really likeed Ryan McNeil until his elbow. As for Corey Black, when first traded, I thought Black was useless. Then he turned down his ERA though a scouting report says his defense while in the Yanks organization hurt him more than it helped. This year he should start AA.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Right now both aren't special, unless they make significant changes.

Who said anything about being special? Brett said and I quote all the players were trash. Sorry but a #3 starter potential isn't trash. Whether he reaches it or not isn't the point. He's a freaking prospect and seemingly because he's not Taijuan Walker or Archie Bradley he's "trash." You want to say no one in the system has #1/2 potential? Perfectly fine and valid argument. But to dismiss them all as trash when numerous guys have the potential to be decent 3-5 starters is absolutely ridiculous. I mean for crying out loud teams are actively trying to trade very hard for Shark whom many here believe is a #3 at best. Media has speculated that he will yield 3-4 prospects and probably a top 25 pitching prospect. That's not a throw away player.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Right now Johnson has the best chance of becoming a starter. Edwards has the best stuff but his durability is in question I don't even concider any pitcher until they have made it into AA. Banking on a A baller is plain dumb. And Viz? Ya gamble 101. Don't bet on a broken nag.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right now Johnson has the best chance of becoming a starter. Edwards has the best stuff but his durability is in question I don't even concider any pitcher until they have made it into AA. Banking on a A baller is plain dumb. And Viz? Ya gamble 101. Don't bet on a broken nag.

Eh, I think people put to much emphasis on Edwards durability. He has been given the chance to show his durability so it is just a guessing game. He pitched y far his most innings last year and just completely dominated. He is filthy. He averaged 12K's per 9. His walks are a little high but not horrible. He had video game numbers last year. I want to see when they take the white gloves off of him and then see his durability. Until then, its just a guessing game. He just turned 22 in September and has really blossomed with his stuff. His arm is electric and either way the Cubs got themselves a dominant arm whether its as a starter or in the bullpen.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Eh, I think people put to much emphasis on Edwards durability. He has been given the chance to show his durability so it is just a guessing game. He pitched y far his most innings last year and just completely dominated. He is filthy. He averaged 12K's per 9. His walks are a little high but not horrible. He had video game numbers last year. I want to see when they take the white gloves off of him and then see his durability. Until then, its just a guessing game. He just turned 22 in September and has really blossomed with his stuff. His arm is electric and either way the Cubs got themselves a dominant arm whether its as a starter or in the bullpen.

He averaged 4.83 IP per start last year. That is factual info and a concern. His talent is there. Durability is in question and factually backed.

That being said he is still an impact arm but I'm seeing a set up/closer and all things considered he has shut down stuff.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He averaged 4.83 IP per start last year. That is factual info and a concern. His talent is there. Durability is in question and factually backed.

That being said he is still an impact arm but I'm seeing a set up/closer and all things considered he has shut down stuff.

That was the rangers and cubs choice. He wasn't running monster counts when he was getting pulled. They would just pull him bc they don't want to extend him. Next year they are going to push him farther. The extra innings didn't hurt him this year.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Def. hopefully it will be good too. He is 6'2 just skinny. I think he can gain some size.

Well I do remember when a skinny kid came up with the Dodgers and plugged into middle relief. Then he got traded to the Expos and was converted into a starter.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Well I do remember when a skinny kid came up with the Dodgers and plugged into middle relief. Then he got traded to the Expos and was converted into a starter.

Me too. Will hate the Cubs even more if he's that good

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why is the cubs profile pic on tapatalk is Richard Simmons crying?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

Chris Sale was rated #20 in baseball.

Addison Reed was rated #66 in baseball, which is pretty damn high for a reliever.