1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
yessir......i wouldnt mind the 3 person booth either

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
Don't forget how bitter he's been to the 'Hawks this season. He was on radio openly rooting for them to lose.

Either way, it was a touching moment, for sure. I think the organization should bring him in for something whether it's a job, or recognition.... just something.

Last edited:

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
I wish Roenick would of smashed Millbury off the set after that STUPID ASS comment! My respect for JR and wish he would of been a Hwak player for life but at least he's a lifetime Hawk like me...

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
when he cried it made me smile, not because I was laughing but because of how cool of a moment that was.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Don't forget how bitter he's been to the 'Hawks this season. He was on radio openly rooting for them to lose.

Either way, it was a touching moment, for sure. I think the organization should bring him in for something whether it's a job, or recognition.... just something.

Can you blame the guy? He didn't want to leave, it was the Hawks didn't want to bring him back.

If you're going to rip JR for that, rip Bobby Hull, too. He was the same way until he came back as an ambassador a few years ago.

Roneick just had to watch the team he came into the league with, the team he loved, accomplish what he'd wanted to do his whole life. And he wasn't a part of it. I'd be crying, too.

Last edited:

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
I wasn't ripping the guy. If I was "ripping" him, I'd say something like "what a little bitch crying on tv, grow a pair."

But I didn't, if you read the second part I clearly suggest that the Blackhawks do something for him.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I wasn't ripping the guy. If I was "ripping" him, I'd say something like "what a little bitch crying on tv, grow a pair."

But I didn't, if you read the second part I clearly suggest that the Blackhawks do something for him.

They did, Jeremy Roenick Heritage Night, back in January.

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
I mean something more permanent. For example, give him a job or something. That way he can connect to the team more closely, instead of hating them until he dies.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I mean something more permanent. For example, give him a job or something. That way he can connect to the team more closely, instead of hating them until he dies.

I don't think he hates the team anymore, because Bill Wirtz passed away and Bob Pulford is no longer with the team.

He seems pretty set in his role as a talking head on NBC ... but if he became another team ambassador with Esposito/Hull/Savard, that'd be great.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eddie had to be un-biased....you dont think Edzo was smiling like a motherfucker when that goal went in?

Its not like he can openly root for the Hawks.

he has to be neutral. and in the finals, he was far from that. seemed like he was drinking the philly kool aid and or someone in the hawks brass hurt his feelings before the finals started.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

retired roenick still>>>>>>>>>than fraser,eager,and burish. put him on the 4th line now!

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
LOL. That'd be pretty interesting.

Here's the story about the interview I'm talking about.

TL;DR version: He figured the 'Hawks would win, but didn't want them to.

drunkntailgater

Liked Posts:
did anyone else think that JR moment after the game when he started tearing up was a moment in Blackhawks history that will never be forgotten?

heres the youtube video if you didn't see it.
YouTube - Jeremy Roenick's Emotional Breakdown

What a moment. And than Mike Milbury comes in and ruins it by saying "I didn't get to do it either, but I'm not going to cry about it"

What a fucking tool.

JR, you deserved it, you had one helluva career, and are a guy most Hawk fans will never forget.

I also made this right after seeing that.
jeremyroenicksig.jpg

You Beat me to it! What a great vid....JR will always be one of my favorite Blackhawks of all time. He is truely proud of his time as a Blackhawk!

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
yeah he deserves to be a national broadcaster. foley is the shit.

No kidding - Emerick sucks -even when watching the highlights you can see how he constantly stumbles all over names--- there was one play where Buff was at the point and I think Versteeg wipes out in the high slot -only to have Mikey call him Buff...

I can't figure out (aside from the obvious national broadcasting east coast bias) as to why he ever gets let out of the NY area... I never even heard the term "cycling" until I heard him say it -- it never meant jack all to me -as all it was -was puck movement.

Never heard Foley use that term (but that was back in the day).

That new Hawks radio guy is only tolerable to the point where he at least has Troy Murray to keep him in line. Otherwise he is a little too whiney for me (well I used to listed to Foley all the time -- hard act to follow).

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Best part like you guys mentioned was when they asked why he was so emotional he said: It's the Chicago Blackhawks man

You know -- that is exactly what it was for me too ... and I know JR had a lot more blood sweat and tears invested than I ever did -- but that is exactly how I would sum it up.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
I think Milbury is a fat douche.

Patrick took a nice little jab at him, as well. "Of course you can ONLY hoist the Stanley Cup after you've won it...." after Roenick got done explaining how/why he was emotional and he didn't get to do that.

chrisjuniper

Liked Posts:
I think Milbury is a fat douche.

Patrick took a nice little jab at him, as well. "Of course you can ONLY hoist the Stanley Cup after you've won it...." after Roenick got done explaining how/why he was emotional and he didn't get to do that.

lmao i caught that too.