Jermon Bushrod Released

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Bushrod was not who we thought he was. He ranged from OK to hurt, praise to full price Phil, a man able to fill holes at high prices with OK players.

I thought he did better than OK over the length of his contract but no reason to keep him now even if he was fit.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well, leno was drafted in the 7th round of 2014's draft (and played in 6 games in 2014), so not a rookie. guess only 1 more year until chicken little shitting!

but regardless of Leno's performance, Bushrod seemed done.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
bushrodend.jpg

mecha

Liked Posts:
well, leno was drafted in the 7th round of 2014's draft (and played in 6 games in 2014), so not a rookie. guess only 1 more year until chicken little shitting!

but regardless of Leno's performance, Bushrod seemed done.

my mistake Master Ole. forgive me.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Bushrod was not who we thought he was. He ranged from OK to hurt, praise to full price Phil, a man able to fill holes at high prices with OK players.
Not so sure that's the case. I guess you are making biff seem more on point. Things about Bushy were decently known by many such as him being a better run blocker really than what he'd do as a pass protector

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

mecha

Liked Posts:
I just wanna know in advance, is this thread going to magically get locked too?

GoBears

Liked Posts:
If we really have $60M available, I think we could lure JWebb back to us if we offer him 20-25 million a year.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

mecha

Liked Posts:
You can bet your ass it will

I'm sure if I cared enough to analyze the trend, I would find that your Douchehood is the reasoning for all these locked threads.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm sure if I cared enough to analyze the trend, I would find that your Douchehood is the reasoning for all these locked threads.

I only speak the truth, some people just tend to argue against facts. Why? Who knows. Im never wrong so I really don't get it.

Dorkchops be dorkchopping, i suppose.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
not surprising, just curious, in a year they need to rebuild the defense they are releasing offensive player. Wonder what their contingency plan is.

I believe that contingency plan is Kyle Long (I'm not saying he's the best fit for left tackle, but they've put him everywhere else). I see Tayo Fabuluje as the long-term answer at right tackle.

In any case, with Forte and Bushrod gone, that's a significant departure of leadership. Not saying it can't be replaced, but it will certainly be a little strange at first.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
“At the end day, I had to realize the situation at hand,” Bushrod said. “I messed up my shoulder pretty good. But I could still go. But after the year, and once I got the second opinion on it, the doctor gave me what he felt like was his best opinion.

“We have to move forward. We have to get things better physically, and then we’ll worry about where we’re going to play next year.”

“Although you could kind of see the writing on the wall a little bit, it’s still hard to brace for the fact of getting released,” Bushrod said. “I’ve got to look at it from the other side. Getting released is unfortunate — and for a player it does suck — but at the end of the day, I just finished my ninth year and this is the first time I’ve been released.”

From a financial standpoint, $4.4 million of Bushrod’s contract remains on the Bears’ books for 2016. But the team gains $4.3 million in additional salary-cap room.

“Physically, [2015] was probably one of my worst years being in the NFL,” Bushrod said. “Towards the end of the year, I did start to feel better. The shoulder felt better. In the beginning, practicing, it was hard. I’m not going to lie. It was tough. Most of last year physically was tough. A lot of things really didn’t go my way.

“But the competitive drive in me wants to find a way to get healthy and continue to get healthier, which I’ve been doing. I feel better. But we all need to have that opportunity and that shot.”

“That was fun for me to be able to bring that aspect of my life here in Chicago,” Bushrod said. “I enjoyed my time here. I enjoyed my time with the coaches. I made some real friends on the team, some guys that I’m always going to be rooting for, always pushing for. Best of luck to the whole organization.”

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/1331540/jermon-bushrod-thankful-time-spent-bears

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I believe that contingency plan is Kyle Long (I'm not saying he's the best fit for left tackle, but they've put him everywhere else). I see Tayo Fabuluje as the long-term answer at right tackle.

In any case, with Forte and Bushrod gone, that's a significant departure of leadership. Not saying it can't be replaced, but it will certainly be a little strange at first.

Has anyone seen any reports on this kid at all? I saw he got suspended for something but heard no updates on his development at all. Given that we are painfully thin at OT right now I can only assume he is some way off.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If we really have $60M available, I think we could lure JWebb back to us if we offer him 20-25 million a year.

BF51 would be ecstatic if we could get his boy J-Webb back.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Buhrod was a above average LT. How anyone could say otherwise is beyond me.

You didn't hear his name get called out on TV much, know what that means?

He was good at his position on the line. Did his job.

Thanks Jermon! Best of luck. Always be a Bear.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I'd say gaping hole at RG is the first worry. Grasu should improve, Leno was competent, Slauson is a stud, and Long should figure it out...but RG is just a void.

But, anyways Nitelife, Bushrod was already in need of replacement before the release, so they didn't create an additional spot to fill at all. Leno did alright and Bushrod might retire due to his health. I would have liked to keep Forte, but he wouldn't be contributing in 3-4 years when the Bears are actually competitive anyways, so the point of bringing him back rather than getting younger and developing more RBs is...what?

Ignorance.

I don't remember the last time I've seen a center get his ass kicked so often(beides Kreutz last year but that's different); I have little hope Grasu turns into a good center. He was horrific.