1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Soccer is for the enlightened and sophisticated. Football? Not so much

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Does Jernigan play for the Bears? Oh, he doesn't? Then what the fuck is this thread doing in this forum? But say something about soccer and the mod shit on the floor.

ZZZZZZZZ.....

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
So a comparison with Ego isn't really gonna work....

With Ngata playing 3tech though, hes pushing that humongous NT Williams because he didn't start last year either. If he does in fact start it will be at NT...
Someone else mentioned the 3/4 scheme? I'm pretty positive they'll run a hybrid kinda like the Pats if not totally 4-3.

And to Ommy, I mentioned the Bears in my topic so let the tears pour on another thread.

jelt2359

Liked Posts:
I would have loved to get Jernigan. Just like I would have loved to get Donald. Unfortunately everyone and their mom knew that we wanted DTs, and so they weren't there for our taking.

IMHO, that's exactly why it was a great idea to take a starting CB and a depth Safety this year. So you don't get another situation where all your favourite players are taken right before you pick, cos' everyone knows exactly what you're looking to do.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I would have loved to get Jernigan. Just like I would have loved to get Donald. Unfortunately everyone and their mom knew that we wanted DTs, and so they weren't there for our taking.

IMHO, that's exactly why it was a great idea to take a starting CB and a depth Safety this year. So you don't get another situation where all your favourite players are taken right before you pick, cos' everyone knows exactly what you're looking to do.

I love the Fuller pick, i actually wanted him over Donald. Did not want Jernigan in the 1st at all! Just saying Jernigan, Hageman and Donald being in the same class as Will I Am and Fergie will tie them all together for the next few years.

Where they get selected means shit. Check the "08 Draft... Glenn Dorsey #5 Sedrick Ellis #7 Derrick Harvey #8 Kentwan Balmer #29 and Finally a good one with Calais Campbell at #50
07 draft?
Gaines Adams #4 Jamal Anderson #8 Amobi Okoye #10 Justin Harrell #16 Jarvis Moss #17.

It's a study worth looking at because WillIAm and Fergie might be better than the 3 mentioned picked ahead of them.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Yeah, all the teams in the draft were drafting against the bears.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pick it up boys. Wife has to work tomorrow and I'm bored.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Yes and he did first before anyone else....

Power was never Jernigan's problem, speed, explosion, and quickness were. The argument stemmed from a thread from Mike Mayock who made a statement about what the Bears should do if Jernigan is on the board at 14. Mayock stated "If Jernigan is on the board at 14 you sprint to the podium because he's an ideal 3-technique"

So if you gaggle of fucktards are going to try and celebrate something I supposedly evaluated that was wrong at least accurately recall what the argument was and was not about. I never called Jernigan's strength on tape into question I called out him NOT being a 3-technique you target at 14.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Power was never Jernigan's problem, speed, explosion, and quickness were. The argument stemmed from a thread from Mike Mayock who made a statement about what the Bears should do if Jernigan is on the board at 14. Mayock stated "If Jernigan is on the board at 14 you sprint to the podium because he's an ideal 3-technique"

So if you gaggle of fucktards are going to try and celebrate something I supposedly evaluated that was wrong at least accurately recall what the argument was and was not about. I never called Jernigan's strength on tape into question I called out him NOT being a 3-technique you target at 14.

Lighten up Francis. No one is going to know shit one way or another until the games are played.

jelt2359

Liked Posts:
Yeah, all the teams in the draft were drafting against the bears.

Erm, isn't that exactly what the draft is? Get our guy- and try to hide the fact that he's our guy, so that others who are interested in him, don't try to grab him before us.

I don't think anyone is drafting just against the Bears. Everyone is always drafting against everyone. The more you know about who a club is targeting, the better. That's why our war room had scenario analyses for every other club, right? But they're just guesses. In our specific case, everyone knew. No need for guessing.

BTW, I also think that's what happened with the Louix Nix trade. The price to jump in front of us was steep, because many thought we'd take him. When we didn't, Houston made an immediate move, probably at a far cheaper price.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Actually Jernigan DOES RELATE to the Bears. You see, he was a position of need for the Bears and picked around the same time Ego. Therefore, whatever he does is a measuring point for us.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Actually Jernigan DOES RELATE to the Bears. You see, he was a position of need for the Bears and picked around the same time Ego. Therefore, whatever he does is a measuring point for us.
That's tard logic LOLOLOLO

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

Nah not really Jernigan was off the board.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Soccer is for the enlightened and sophisticated. Football? Not so much
Yes, obviously watching a fucking ball be kicked is more sophisticated than studying and analyzing playbooks/schemes/personnel and overall tendencies of players.

Brb ur gonna grill me n tell me all of the sophistication of soccer. Just l.o.l

I've always said football is seriously like a game of chess.

I love it when soccer and hockey fans try to tell me the complexity of that sport over football and just big guys hitting eachother. Id love for them to sit down and try to study a Mike Martz or Marc Trestman playbook.'its not like either of those sports where it's nonstop motion. It's a strategic game where a play, break in a player or out scheming your opponent is much more in depth than any other sport.

Football unfortunately is so damn violent it rightfully gets a bad rep, but as a game itself and the complexity and sophistication of figuring out plays, schemes and opponents.. People seriously underestimate how deep n perfect the game itself actually is. I love the highlight reels of the sport, but the actual game and how it's so much like a game of chess just amazes me. I'm constantly wondering what a DC or OC will call next and why.