Jimmy Graham to Bears

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
The 2018 offense required a historic defenses season, crazy turnovers and injury luck, to go one and done in the playoffs.

You are underrating the 2018 team. We went 12-4 and lost on a double doink FG. We didn't sneak in at 9-7. We won 5 of 6 in our division losing one game, by one point, to division rivals on the road.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Blake Jarwin got 3 years $24.5 mil from the Cowboys yesterday. I would say that's even worse then the J.Graham deal.

Doesn't make the Graham deal any less bad. Plus, this is probably untrue. Jarwin is 9 years younger.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Anyway I shouldn't derail the thread. I agree with everyone on the overpay. I think posters are just underestimating our need at the position and our inability to fill it with a draft pick. Clearly, Burton's health is in question. No drafted TE was day 1 ready. Nagy has said this is the most important position in his offense.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
You are underrating the 2018 team. We went 12-4 and lost on a double doink FG. We didn't sneak in at 9-7. We won 5 of 6 in our division losing one game, by one point, to division rivals on the road.

Lost on a double doink because they could only score 15 points against a team that was missing 7 DBs

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On the contrary, this allows us to grab a more developmental prospect in later rounds.

I definitely think they draft one, but I think this move guarantees they don't do it with one of their first two selections.
Even early round TEs hardly ever contribute much in their first season. I see no reason we couldn't still take one in round 2 or 3.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Doesn't make the Graham deal any less bad. Plus, this is probably untrue. Jarwin is 9 years younger.

As we are finding out TE's are a hot commodity. BTW, Jarwin has had to sub 400 yard seasons the last two years. Lets just say its a hot market.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I am not under rating the team.

The offense wasn't very good and required a historic defensive effort to be efficient.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Even early round TEs hardly ever contribute much in their first season. I see no reason we couldn't still take one in round 2 or 3.

I mean we could if one falls, but now we don't absolutely have to take one early.

We overpaid for Graham to give us draft flexibility, and chances are Pace uses that. There will be plenty of TE's later on, maybe more one-dimensional type guys, that Nagy likely can use in packages.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Have you been posting on CCS in your sleep for the last year cause nobody is happy about the regression of the team and nobody is happy that Trubsiky is looking like a bust and nobody likes the J.Graham signing and i don't think anyone is happy with any of the moves that haven't worked out or how the team played last year even though they did finish 8-8 which isn't horrible but obviously they regressed but you take it to a whole new level for someone that was a R.Pace fan at this time last year. He's made some bad moves, it happens and will again and there isn't a GM out there that we can replace Pace with that won't make bad moves.

I just think it's better to wait the rest of the offseason out before you make your prediction that the world is ending and next season is already over. We all knew we had limited cap space to make any big moves this offseason and it seems like Pace wants to get the QB thing figured out before he can figure out how to fix the rest of the offensive needs.

When your hand sucks, you fold. I do not need to see anymore cards.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Blake Jarwin got 3 years $24.5 mil from the Cowboys yesterday. I would say that's even worse then the J.Graham deal.

Ascending player who is moving into a starting role and actually blocks.

I would much prefer Jarwin.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean we could if one falls, but now we don't absolutely have to take one early.

We overpaid for Graham to give us draft flexibility, and chances are Pace uses that. There will be plenty of TE's later on, maybe more one-dimensional type guys, that Nagy likely can use in packages.
What if Kmet is there when the Bears pick.. do you take him?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't have a problem with Graham, the more I think about it.

He's had 1100 yards and 5 TDs in two year.....

At a minimum it brings in someone who knows how to play the position, run correct routes.

I am not worried about the stats the last two years...It is the best production the Packers have gotten out of TE in several years...Rodgers just doesn't throw to his TEs with regularity.

He could fall apart I guess, but he hasn't missed a game since 2015.....

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
What if Kmet is there when the Bears pick.. do you take him?

With this signing not a chance.

2nd rounders need to be starters, Graham, Burton and Harris are locked in.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With this signing not a chance.

2nd rounders need to be starters, Graham, Burton and Harris are locked in.
I dont think Burton is a lock to make the 53 if he's still injured.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Supposedly Burton will be ready to go by training camp.

you could trade Burton for a 7th round pick for a needy team or run 2 TE sets

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
BLAKE JARWIN IS HOT TRASH. You have to be kidding / have never seen him play. They brought back Witten to take reps from him because he was such trash. ALL GMs reach and disappoint but in comparison yes that makes Grahams deal look much better, we were dealt a terrible market Graham will be serviceable at the least and it is a upgrade 200% no matter the deal.