JJ McCarthy worthy of a top 5 pick?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don't think he'll go in first 5 picks.

I think people are going to be surprised at how many teams pass on him.
Let’s hope five teams pass and two or more want him at 9.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's probably going to be the Will Levis of '24. I don't know why ppl trust draft analysts.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed in part. I think in a top QB you want a guy who can push the ball down the field and I didn't see that from JJ.
So tell me, what would have been your pre-draft analysis of Brady?
And if the Bears ever find a QB that can put up Cousins stats, they would be through the roof.
A more athletic version of Cousins isn't a bad thing.
JJ did one thing that Caleb did not do, he won.
Reminds me of the Trubisky vs Watson debates prior to the draft.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And if the Bears ever find a QB that can put up Cousins stats, they would be through the roof.

Weird comment to make, considering one of them won a Heisman and the other didn't. I doubt you're ignorant enough to think that any QB can single handedly carry their entire team in college to a national championship.

Then to follow it up with the Trubisky vs Watson debate comment... wtf does that even mean? You are implying that JJ is Watson in that context. Is that your stance? And Caleb = Trubisky?

ndgt10

Liked Posts:
With the 1st pick in the 2024 NFL entry draft, the Chicago Bears select JJ McCarthy, quarterback, University of Michigan

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Nice, so would you take JJ over Caleb Williams?

Williams won every year he played. He didn’t win the National Championship. If you believe Michigan won because of JJ, you’re (used correctly) delusional.

They won up front on offense and defense. They had a bruising rush attack. JJ is a good QB but he’s not in the same universe as Williams as a talent.

If Williams had been the Michigan QB, they would not have played a close game all season and they certainly would not have lost to TCU in 2022.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice, so would you take JJ over Caleb Williams?

Williams won every year he played. He didn’t win the National Championship. If you believe Michigan won because of JJ, you’re (used correctly) delusional.

They won up front on offense and defense. They had a bruising rush attack. JJ is a good QB but he’s not in the same universe as Williams as a talent.

If Williams had been the Michigan QB, they would not have played a close game all season and they certainly would not have lost to TCU in 2022.
Don't get your panties in a bunch, I did not mean to imply JJ was a better prospect, what I did mean to imply is JJ is a proven winner.
Take it for what it's worth, Watson was a winner too, yet people discreditted him.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Don't get your panties in a bunch, I did not mean to imply JJ was a better prospect, what I did mean to imply is JJ is a proven winner.
Take it for what it's worth, Watson was a winner too, yet people discreditted him.
Dude, your (used correctly too) panties are in a bunch whenever anyone says anything positive about the Bears or negative about your (used correctly) fake team.

JJ is an excellent young prospect and will be a good pro. In the right environment, he could flourish. He’s not close to Williams as a prospect but I hope he goes before 9. That only helps the Bears.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Brugler has him going at 4 in today’s Beast mock draft.

“4. Minnesota Vikings (from ARI)*: J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan​

(Projected trade: Vikings trade picks Nos. 11 and 23 and a 2025 third-round pick to the Cardinals for No. 4.)

It is no secret that the Vikings are quarterback shopping in the NFL Draft, but how high can they trade up to secure their guy? In this scenario, Minnesota jumps to No. 4 for McCarthy, which would mark the first time in NFL Draft history we see quarterbacks drafted 1-2-3-4 overall.”

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brugler has him going at 4 in today’s Beast mock draft.

“4. Minnesota Vikings (from ARI)*: J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan​

(Projected trade: Vikings trade picks Nos. 11 and 23 and a 2025 third-round pick to the Cardinals for No. 4.)

It is no secret that the Vikings are quarterback shopping in the NFL Draft, but how high can they trade up to secure their guy? In this scenario, Minnesota jumps to No. 4 for McCarthy, which would mark the first time in NFL Draft history we see quarterbacks drafted 1-2-3-4 overall.”
@clenbuterol_clint

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Oh my christ, I cannot believe you're still on this. Just repeating what I've already said

1) @DanielCCSBears asked me about 5 qbs in a row. I clearly said 4 and that it was hypothetical but certainly a viable explanation for why the Bears were 1 of THREE TEAMS Marv Jr met with

2) I never said it would happen, I said that was my best guess. You said 25 teams had better packages you knew they'd offer and forgot pick 9s value, thus looking like a moron. You then went on to speculate this next point....

3) you literally said it was more likely the Bears met with Marv Jr in case something happens to CW this week as you found it more likely that the Bears stay at 1 and draft Marv Jr and run bagent out at qb than the Bears offering a third and two 2025 firsts for pick 5.

What more shame do you possibly have to collect here incog?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh my christ, I cannot believe you're still on this. Just repeating what I've already said

1) @DanielCCSBears asked me about 5 qbs in a row. I clearly said 4 and that it was hypothetical but certainly a viable explanation for why the Bears were 1 of THREE TEAMS Marv Jr met with

2) I never said it would happen, I said that was my best guess. You said 25 teams had better packages you knew they'd offer and forgot pick 9s value, thus looking like a moron. You then went on to speculate this next point....

3) you literally said it was more likely the Bears met with Marv Jr in case something happens to CW this week as you found it more likely that the Bears stay at 1 and draft Marv Jr and run bagent out at qb than the Bears offering a third and two 2025 firsts for pick 5.

What more shame do you possibly have to collect here incog?
More lies. I never said I knew 25 teams would offer anything, I said 25 teams could offer better packages, and totally destroyed you in the process. I then used common sense (something that you are lacking) to show you how one of those teams (minnesota) could do it. You then started tripping all over your dam self with if's, but's and defelction.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also since people's mock drafts are now being used for call out tags here ya go!

God you are a doofus 😅
You are going to look quite the fool (although this is normal for you) during the draft IF Arizone does trade #4 after the cost comes to light.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
More lies. I never said I knew 25 teams would offer anything, I said 25 teams could offer better packages, and totally destroyed you in the process. I then used common sense (something that you are lacking) to show you how one of those teams (minnesota) could do it. You then started tripping all over your dam self with if's, but's and defelction.
lmao it's hilarious you say that bc NOBODY EVER SAID IT WAS GONNA HAPPEN BUT THAT IT COULD. and proved that 15 times over THAT IT COULD HAPPEN. Enough, get tinder or something you're derailing other threads now looking even worse.

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
Mac Jones was a proven winner too. JJ McCarthy is a lot closer to that than Watson. Or Williams. Mahomes was sub .500 as a starter in college? Totally meaningless.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Listening to Bears fans and their QB evals is always fasincating.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lmao it's hilarious you say that bc NOBODY EVER SAID IT WAS GONNA HAPPEN BUT THAT IT COULD. and proved that 15 times over THAT IT COULD HAPPEN. Enough, get tinder or something you're derailing other threads now looking even worse.

You: The bears are going to trade up into the top 5 to draft MHj. The pre-draft visit proves it. Derp
Me: No, it would cost the Bears to much draft capital to do it.
You: "derp", the Bears could offer two 2025 seconds and a swap of 1st round picks.
Me: Nope, that would not be enough
You "derp" nobody would beat that offer
Me: 25 other teams COULD beat that offer. Take Minnesota for example.......
You: "Derp"