greg23

Liked Posts:
Highlights

He's from here so knows local sports talk guys

Said there were multiple teams other than bears interested in pick

Respects Pace and is buddies with him think getting bad rap nationally

Likes that pace had conviction and went for it with trubisky

Said trubisky wasn't a fit for sf

Said win win if trubiskry is franchise qb and his two picks are great players (disagree there, I'll take franchise qb over 2 excellent defensive players all the time)

Said if trubisky is top qb who wouldn't give up two 3rds and a 4th for that

Basically trade comes down to how good trubisky becomes

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Of course it's a win, win if both their players work out. It's what you hope for in every trade and why they are made. I always expected to hear these sort of takes from real professionals as opposed to those playing draft boards like a game of Madden.

Trade results is determined by how well the players work out but the trade itself can be judged at this time in terms of value, purpose and how accomplished. Win for me.

The one thing I don't get is how Mitchell isn't a good fit for the 49ers. He's a decent fit for almost any Pro O. I suspect it's because they are banking on Cousins and used their position for picks to build the team a bit 1st and it's more he didn't fit their plans as much as it's a scheme thing.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Won't make another thread on this "Other GM's in the League" topic because it kind of goes with you saying you'd take the franchise QB over 2 great defensive players...

Here is Ex Bills GM Doug Whaley talking about what he would do if he gets another shot at the gig...

He said in his next job, the quarterback search would be front and center.

"If I get a shot again, I'm going to try to map out a road map to accomplish both at the same time, but try to get that franchise quarterback as quickly as possible," Whaley said. "Because as they say, when you have that guy under center, you only need one guy that's on every day. But if you don't have that guy under center, then you need 45 guys that are on every single game."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...two-firstrounders-in-2018-a-nice-parting-gift

Rise

Liked Posts:
I would love to hear him answer a follow up question as to why he didn't think Trubisky was a fit for the 49ers. Would be an interesting read.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Respects Pace and is buddies with him think getting bad rap nationally

Buddies? Is that what you call a guy after ass raping him on national TV?

Likes that pace had conviction and went for it with trubisky

Likes it, I think he loves it.

Said trubisky wasn't a fit for sf

Translation: Lynch thinks Trubisky is not better than Hoyer, or will tank 2017 for a real QB in the 2018 draft, and/or Cousins.

Said win win if trubiskry is franchise qb and his two picks are great players

Nope, it will be a win lose. Who won and who lost will depend on Trubisky.

Basically trade comes down to how good trubisky becomes

Derp.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Far too much has been made over this trade already. Couple of mid round picks (which mostly turn out to be special teams guys or minor contributors) is insignificant when it comes to an attempt at a franchise QB.

If Trubisky turns out to be not just good, but great, will it forever stick to Lynch's legacy, or will it magically disappear from the national sports memory? Since the Bears seem to be a more preferred whipping boy for national media, I'm thinking the latter.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Translation: Lynch thinks Trubisky is not better than Hoyer, or will tank 2017 for a real QB in the 2018 draft, and/or Cousins.

I think he knew if he took trub he would have to play him this year with a shit team around him. Has nothing to do with him thinking Hoyer is better than Trub, just that he would rather build the team this year and like you said hopefully get his guy next year.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Trub's wasn't a fit because SF is waiting on Cousin's in 2018. They don't care about winning games in 2017. They are rebuilding.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he knew if he took trub he would have to play him this year with a shit team around him. Has nothing to do with him thinking Hoyer is better than Trub, just that he would rather build the team this year and like you said hopefully get his guy next year.

That sounds right.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has nothing to do with him thinking Hoyer is better but likely has a lot to do with him thinking he has far better in waiting.

When you're a team that's been as decimated as the Niners, you need a 2 or 3 year plan. They needed the defensive players they drafted and weren't too worried about getting their next QB through this draft. My guess is they plan on putting Cousins in a Niners uniform next year.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would love to hear him answer a follow up question as to why he didn't think Trubisky was a fit for the 49ers. Would be an interesting read.

I don't get that either. Maybe Shanahan just didn't like the 1 year wonder and offense Trubisky came from. Doesn't make sense though because as a QB prospect, Trubisky is exactly what you would want. Athletic, smart, good arm, accuracy, leader. Seems like a great person for Shanahan to mold into an NFL QB.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Couple of mid round picks (which mostly turn out to be special teams guys or minor contributors) is insignificant when it comes to an attempt at a franchise QB.

Why do you keep insisting that the 67th pick will be "special teams guys or minor contributors"? Have you really lowered the bar so low for Pace that you don't think he can find a starter at 67? Jerry Angelo drafted Lance Briggs with the 68th pick, but you think Pace is so much worse then Angelo all he can get is a special teams guy. I really hope you are wrong about Pace, because if you're right, if Pace really is that incompetent, the Bears are fucked.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't get that either. Maybe Shanahan just didn't like the 1 year wonder and offense Trubisky came from. Doesn't make sense though because as a QB prospect, Trubisky is exactly what you would want. Athletic, smart, good arm, accuracy, leader. Seems like a great person for Shanahan to mold into an NFL QB.
Not to get down on the Trubster but the "leader" part and deep ball "accuracy" were 2 big hits against him with many. The football acumen as well.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As far as deep ball accuracy.

Trubisky - 68% Completion - 8.4 Y/A
Winston - 65% Completion - 8.4 Y/A
Matt Ryan - 59% Completion - 6.9 Y/A
Luck - 71.3% Completion - 8.7 Y/A
Rodgers - 66.1% Completion - 8.1 Y/A

I'd say Trubisky's deep ball accuracy is just fine. I can't really shed any light on him being a leader, but from rookie camp, sounded like the commanded the huddle well.