John Lynch just on radio here in SD

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Not to get down on the Trubster but the "leader" part and deep ball "accuracy" were 2 big hits against him with many. The football acumen as well.

Deep ball accuracy is the most overrated quality in any NFL QB. As an example Cutler's​ deep ball accuracy was above average to really good. His medium to short accuracy was shit just basically inconsistent as hell and it cost the Bears a lot. Get the ball out of your hand quickly efficiently and accurately and a six yard pass becomes a 22-yard pass with run after the catch.

Modern passing offenses​ are about timing anticipation and rhythm.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would love to hear him answer a follow up question as to why he didn't think Trubisky was a fit for the 49ers. Would be an interesting read.

Ya gotta think two of the reasons are they're pretty sure they will get K.Cousins next year and that they know they're gonna stink next year and will be able to get one of the top QB's in next years class.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ya gotta think two of the reasons are they're pretty sure they will get K.Cousins next year and that they know they're gonna stink next year and will be able to get one of the top QB's in next years class.

You need to let this whole Kurt cousins thing go. I'd bet you $100 to your $20 that Cousins is not a 49er next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I get why Lynch did not want his first choice to be a quarterback. You dont start building with a QB, you finish a build with the right QB. Ask mariota how he liked playing with a terrible line and too few weapons.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I get why Lynch did not want his first choice to be a quarterback. You dont start building with a QB, you finish a build with the right QB. Ask mariota how he liked playing with a terrible line and too few weapons.

I agree. Build the team first for SF. They would not be able to support a rookie QB this year.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
Liked Lynch as a player, could give two shits about what he says now or the media/CCS idiots that are breaking their arms jerking off to his take. Looking forward to the Bears fleecing the 9ers this season. And you can tell Lynch I said go fuck yourself.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You need to learn how to read.

I asked you to list the contributions of the Bears players drafted closest to the 67th pick in every draft since Briggs was drafted.

If a GM should be able to draft a starter with the "67th" pick or close to it, then there should be many contributors that were drafted by the Bears after Briggs was taken since you think it is an easy thing to find a starter in the 3rd round.

Problem #1, you want to use Bears drafts since 2003 as an acceptable benchmark for good drafting, not even close, big swing and a miss.

While I work on my reading skills could you please list all the Hall Of Fame players picked after the 66th pick. That is the point, can a good GM find franchise changing players after the 66th pick. Or is mick correct about the 67th pick in the draft.

mostly turn out to be special teams guys or minor contributors

I think a good GM should be expected to find quality at 67. mick think it's throw away pick due to his lack of faith in Pace.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Problem #1, you want to use Bears drafts since 2003 as an acceptable benchmark for good drafting, not even close, big swing and a miss.

While I work on my reading skills could you please list all the Hall Of Fame players picked after the 66th pick. That is the point, can a good GM find franchise changing players after the 66th pick. Or is mick correct about the 67th pick in the draft.

I think a good GM should be expected to find quality at 67. mick think it's throw away pick due to his lack of faith in Pace.

That is not at all what he has been saying. Why do people feel the need to spin what others say?
He said that he doesn't mind the mid picks being used to acquire a potential franchise QB because it is the most important position. And yes the odds of a 3rd 4th rd pick being a backup or special teamer is pretty high, for any GM.

napo55

Liked Posts:

Disagree. If you have a chance to get what you believe to be a franchise QB, go for it--and build around him. You don't have a lot of chances to get one, especially if you improve the team and don't have a top draft choice. Apparently, Lynch was not as positive about Trubisky as Pace. We will know in a few years who was right.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Thanks for sharing. I'd listen to what John Lynch has to say before "fans."

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You need to let this whole Kurt cousins thing go. I'd bet you $100 to your $20 that Cousins is not a 49er next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking i'll go ahead and not let the Cousins to 49ers thing go since there's a good chance of him being their QB in 2018.

Thanks for the advice though and if you feel like sharing the zero facts you have on why he couldn't end up there then please share with us??

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That is not at all what he has been saying. Why do people feel the need to spin what others say?
He said that he doesn't mind the mid picks being used to acquire a potential franchise QB because it is the most important position. And yes the odds of a 3rd 4th rd pick being a backup or special teamer is pretty high, for any GM.

Stop trying to spin what mick said.

which mostly turn out to be special teams guys or minor contributors

This is simple, should we expect our GM to be able to find a starter with the 67th pick. I say yes, mick, and apparently you, say no. We can agree to disagree.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Does anyone here even realize how many hits to the head lynch has taken?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Who the fuck cares about Hall of Fame players selected after the 67th pick? They are just outliers and have nothing to do with a normal draft.

Moreover; Bearmick didn't say that the 67th pick had no value. He said that the value of being able to obtain the QB that you want is worth the small chance of drafting an eventual starter at 67.

As the OP stated, multiple teams were calling the 49ers for the 2nd round pick. Thus, the Bears had to trade up to #2 to draft Trubs. Pace made a decision and made sure that he got HIS player. He may be right or he may be wrong, but he had to use the 3rd, 4th and 3rd rounder in 2018 to get HIS player. Waiting for Trubs at #3 was not an option.

Do you know how I know this? Simple. Multiple teams were calling Lynch to trade up to #2. If they wanted to trade up to #2 to select any other player who wasn't Trubs, why were the phones silent after Trubs was drafted and every other player was still available who wasn't Trubs? When SF was on the clock, Garrett was already gone. Why were people calling SF when they were on the clock at #2 and not when they were on the clock at #3?

For your information, the 1st round of any draft is a 50/50 proposition. You have as much chance of drafting a bust than drafting a long-term starter.

I will use two cases for drafting success, one much more favorable to you but less realistic and one more realistic.

The best case is 50% success in the 1st, 40% success in the 2nd and 30% success in the 3rd. This is unrealistic but it will prove a point.

The more realistic is that the success rate is halved every round. So success is 50% in the 1st, 25% in the 2nd and 12% in the 3rd.

Looking at both cases, the chance of a team not having success with a 3rd round pick is between 70% and 88%. However; you demand that Pace better draft a starter with every 3rd round pick? Get a clue.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who the fuck cares about Hall of Fame players

And that's where I stopped reading. No wonder the Bears organization settles for mediocrity, some fans are happy with it.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The players Pace had drafted in rounds 3 and 4 (which are the rounds of the picks he gave up) are Grasu, Langford, Bullard, Kwiatowski, Bush and Hall. By my count that's zero starters. That's not to say he definitely wouldn't have gotten a starter this year, but I think it backs up this sentence .......

Couple of mid round picks (which mostly turn out to be special teams guys or minor contributors)

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The players Pace had drafted in rounds 3 and 4 (which are the rounds of the picks he gave up) are Grasu, Langford, Bullard, Kwiatowski, Bush and Hall. By my count that's zero starters. That's not to say he definitely wouldn't have gotten a starter this year, but I think it backs up this sentence .......

I think you should expect more from your GM, you disagree, that's okay.