Matt Schobel
Tay Cody
Mark Simoneau

greg23

Liked Posts:
The point is

The narrative that pace got ripped off is ridiculous

The narrative that pace could have gotten trubisky at #3 is highly unlikely

The narrative that lynch pantsed pace is a joke and clearly at best is tbd based on how the players perform......which is how every draft pick actually is.

The bigger narrative should be how big of a joke it was that lynch thought the bears wanted Thomas and was prepared to take Foster at #3...who was passed over by 30 nfl teams....and an even bigger joke will be his qb depth chart vs drafting trubisky if he turns out to be good.

AussieBear

The point is

The narrative that pace got ripped off is ridiculous

The narrative that pace could have gotten trubisky at #3 is highly unlikely

The narrative that lynch pantsed pace is a joke and clearly at best is tbd based on how the players perform......which is how every draft pick actually is.

The bigger narrative should be how big of a joke it was that lynch thought the bears wanted Thomas and was prepared to take Foster at #3...who was passed over by 30 nfl teams....and an even bigger joke will be his qb depth chart vs drafting trubisky if he turns out to be good.

yeah so on the real.. trubisky would have been there @ 3

AussieBear

Willing to gamble on that and live with:

Fuller-white-jamal Adams
Vs
Donald-williams-trubisky

i didnt want fuller, white or adams...

so gamble on what? missing them by a pick... u assuming the bears wanted donald and williams?...

i dont even care that he took trubisky... pace just got played is all....

pace almost played it well.. was playing da browns.. then panicked..

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
When Trubisky is a MVP finalist in year four none of this trade bullshit will even matter.

FoCo

Liked Posts:
i didnt want fuller, white or adams...

so gamble on what? missing them by a pick... u assuming the bears wanted donald and williams?...

i dont even care that he took trubisky... pace just got played is all....

pace almost played it well.. was playing da browns.. then panicked..

At what point did he panic? Pace decided to trade up to the #2 spot to draft Trubisky way before draft day. In other words, Trubisky was going to be the #2 pick no matter what. Only way he wasn't is if he went #1 to the Browns.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
No thanks, that told me everything I need to know about you.

Mods, JoJo is picking on me for being illiterate.

No, I am picking on you because you are an idiot who ignores anything that doesn't agree with your preconceived ideas.

As an example, Bearmick tells you that most 3rd round picks usually don't amount to anything more than a backup or special teams player, yet you ignore what he says and instead keep putting words into his mouth that he believes that Pace is an idiot who couldn't do anything with a 3rd round pick.

Moreover, it has been pointed out to you that Pace decided that he chose Trubisky as his #1 receiver in the draft and also that Pace had rated him in par with the other top draft prospects, thus making Trubisky the BPA at a position of dire need.

And above that, the OP showed that Lynch had several people calling him while he was on the clock at #2 and no one called him when he was on the clock at #3, showing that Trubishky was going to be the #2 draft pick by whichever team was going to trade up to #2. Thus, Pace paid pennies for the rights to his BPA at a position of dire need.

Of course, you are going to ignore all this because it does not play into the axe you want to grind. So you can go fuck yourself. I am done with you.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stop trying to spin what mick said.

This is simple, should we expect our GM to be able to find a starter with the 67th pick. I say yes, mick, and apparently you, say no. We can agree to disagree.

original.gif

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
yeah so on the real.. trubisky would have been there @ 3
Nope.

Explain all the calls that SF had while they were on the clock at #2 (and Garrett was already gone) and why there were no calls to them when they were at #3.

FoCo

Liked Posts:
Nope.

Explain all the calls that SF had while they were on the clock at #2 (and Garrett was already gone) and why there were no calls to them when they were at #3.

And if John Lynch wasn't such an idiot in thinking the Bears wanted Solomon Thomas he could have gotten a lot more in the trade than an extra 4th round pick. He had no idea the Bears wanted Trubisky. The Bears paid nothing to move up from 3 to 2 to get a qb compared to what the Chargers paid to move up from 3 to 2 in 1998 for a qb.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whether or not he would have been there at 3 is irrelevant. Pace wasn't willing to risk the chance of missing his guy. He even said it in his presser.

FoCo

Liked Posts:
Whether or not he would have been there at 3 is irrelevant. Pace wasn't willing to risk the chance of missing his guy. He even said it in his presser.

Pace was going to take Trubisky at #2 no matter what. That was his plan all along. Pace was in talks with the 49ers two weeks before the draft.

AussieBear

At what point did he panic? Pace decided to trade up to the #2 spot to draft Trubisky way before draft day. In other words, Trubisky was going to be the #2 pick no matter what. Only way he wasn't is if he went #1 to the Browns.

believe what you want. if he was planning on trading up to 2 to take trubisky weeks beofre, no need to even talk to the browns afta they took garrett. Browns had plenty of ammo to get pick two if they wanted it bad enough.. they could have trumped any bear offer. The Browns just didnt want to move up, no one did. Just pace outbidding pace

AussieBear

Nope.

ppl call to gauge what they be wanting all the time.. so of course peeps were calling about the pick...... they was calling befo the draft even started. if someone wanted to deal from back in the pack.. they would have thrown multiple 1sts, 2nds, 3rds at them.. but it is what it is.. pace got his man... but pace outplayed pace.. lynch schooled da boi

AussieBear

And if John Lynch wasn't such an idiot in thinking the Bears wanted Solomon Thomas he could have gotten a lot more in the trade than an extra 4th round pick. He had no idea the Bears wanted Trubisky. The Bears paid nothing to move up from 3 to 2 to get a qb compared to what the Chargers paid to move up from 3 to 2 in 1998 for a qb.

it didnt matter if lynch knew who pace wanted or not..because thats all lynch could get.. NO ONE ELSE WAS OFFERING JACK... NO LEVERAGE.. ya dont gets it do yas..

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Buddies? Is that what you call a guy after ass raping him on national TV?

Likes it, I think he loves it.

Translation: Lynch thinks Trubisky is not better than Hoyer, or will tank 2017 for a real QB in the 2018 draft, and/or Cousins.

Nope, it will be a win lose. Who won and who lost will depend on Trubisky.

Derp.

Nobody got ass raped.
And, no, Lynch does not think Hoyer is better. He will go after Cousins, not pin his hopes on Hoyer.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
On the 67th pick.

which mostly turn out to be special teams guys or minor contributors

On Hall Of Fame players being drafted after the 66th pick.

Who the fuck cares about Hall of Fame players

Mick has no faith in Pace to get a starter at 67. JoJo feels Hall Of Fame players are overrated. I respect you guys, so I will not hurl insults and call names, I will respectfully disagree.

You fucktards.