Johnny Knox now works at BWW

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hey, this place is like 10 minutes from my job. I'm going to have to give it a try on my way home one day, especially since they have a late night menu.

Do it. It is FANTASTIC.

I guess the chef used to work for Rick Bayless, hence the many Mexican dishes on the menu. I'll definitely be going back to dine in, and maybe check out brunch sometime.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My fiancé has only been to Chicago a grand total of 3 times, but she did fall in love with the great city the last time we went. We were planning on going back until my wreck last week. So we rescheduled , so who can tell me the best BBQ in the city ? And she has never had a quality deep dish pie either , but I don't wanna do the whole overrated chain tourist pizza place. Any new or under the radar Pizza place recommended by some of you locals?

My buddies from Indianapolis love Korean BBQ and they swear by Del Seoul on Clark St. not far away from Wrigley. http://www.delseoul.com/menu.php , address is at the bottom of the website.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well I grew up in a predominantly Korean and Filipino neighborhood and I thought it was good.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Oh it's definitely good, I just wouldn't want to portray it as a legit Korean BBQ or something like that is all.

True. Any Korean place that sells tacos and banh mi sandwiches can't be authentic Korean. Still looks good though. In the LA area, we've got tons of Korean taco items, a lot of which are from taco trucks and they're delicious.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
My fiancé has only been to Chicago a grand total of 3 times, but she did fall in love with the great city the last time we went. We were planning on going back until my wreck last week. So we rescheduled , so who can tell me the best BBQ in the city ? And she has never had a quality deep dish pie either , but I don't wanna do the whole overrated chain tourist pizza place. Any new or under the radar Pizza place recommended by some of you locals?
Chucks in Burbank is my favorite and fucking amazing. But it's a little outside the city, but not bad.
For REAL badass chicago pizza. Take her to Pequods. Seriously, best deep dish shell have(and you to). It's amazing

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Chucks in Burbank is my favorite and fucking amazing. But it's a little outside the city, but not bad.
For REAL badass chicago pizza. Take her to Pequods. Seriously, best deep dish shell have(and you to). It's amazing

Props on chucks. I could eat there erry day.

AussieBear

What is this mystery ingredient?

crack and hair ron. anything addictive.

really though, i cant give up my secret ingredients. the part of the mix i did share is a pretty standard one, but what makes mine mine is classified. i want to keep it that way because im tempted to open my own place here in oz, since the food is eh.. not what i grew up on. Though some of the same items are here, they taste different for sure. Im just worried about the aussie pallet.. it would require some personal market research before i was willing to risk an initial investment into a venture like that...

Speaking of vegemite.. is really not that bad. its def an acquired taste. i wouldnt recommended eating a big spoonful like its peanut butter the first time. it actually took a couple of years of just eating aussie foods in general until i was able to actually not mind vegemite. salty and yeasty.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Did u know they grow most of their veggies too? Chef is a pimp. I was wary of the extensive menu, mexican food? But he worked for rick bayless. Legit as hell.
Na man, did not know that. That's friggin awesome. I know he worked for Bayless, didn't know Chuck the gardener tho haha. Gotta try chucks moms homemade cookies btw. Mmmmmm. Delicious!

Chucks my guy. Buddy n me went there few years back and he bought us a round of shots of tequila. We were like Wayne and Garth meeting alice cooper haha.

If you ever make it down for god knows what reason to Southern Illinois. Let me know. I know a super famous BBQ joint in this dinky dive town by Carbondale.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
crack and hair ron. anything addictive.

really though, i cant give up my secret ingredients. the part of the mix i did share is a pretty standard one, but what makes mine mine is classified. i want to keep it that way because im tempted to open my own place here in oz, since the food is eh.. not what i grew up on. Though some of the same items are here, they taste different for sure. Im just worried about the aussie pallet.. it would require some personal market research before i was willing to risk an initial investment into a venture like that...

Speaking of vegemite.. is really not that bad. its def an acquired taste. i wouldnt recommended eating a big spoonful like its peanut butter the first time. it actually took a couple of years of just eating aussie foods in general until i was able to actually not mind vegemite. salty and yeasty.
Are you really being "that guy" who won't tell others of his recipe?

JJMPB

Liked Posts:
all them girls Bears fans sweet