Johnny Knox now works at BWW

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
BBQ sandwich with vinegar cole slaw on top.

MMMMM GOOD.

AussieBear

Meh, here's a Texan who prefers a great burger over BBQ anyday. That being said, McD's isn't a great burger.

born in cali but raised in texas and i agree with you. I live in oz now and i cant good good bbq or a great burger.

I mince some onions, add some secret spices to half pound patties. Then I sear one side then turn the heat down and slow cook it. After that, i turn and repeat the sear slow cook process while i hit it with some smoked cheddar.. they always come out crispy on the outside and juicy inside. i butter and toast some sour dough bread and load my burger up with goodies and my secret mustard based sauce and im good to go. the best burgers imo are still homemade.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
born in cali but raised in texas and i agree with you. I live in oz now and i cant good good bbq or a great burger.

I mince some onions, add some secret spices to half pound patties. Then I sear one side then turn the heat down and slow cook it. After that, i turn and repeat the sear slow cook process while i hit it with some smoked cheddar.. they always come out crispy on the outside and juicy inside. i butter and toast some sour dough bread and load my burger up with goodies and my secret mustard based sauce and im good to go. the best burgers imo are still homemade.
well, thanks for sharing your secrets to your perfect burger.

AussieBear

well, thanks for sharing your secrets to your perfect burger.

The dry mix is:

i really dont have a specific measurements, i just eye it - sorry

paprika
cayenne pepper
pepper
salt
garlic powder
onion powder - i use less onion powder because i added minced onions to the meat.
x?x ingredient

The Mustard Sauce:

Mayo
Dijon (or spicy brown) - roughly 1/3 of the mayo
Apple Cider vinegar
Cayenne
Salt/Pepper
X ingredient

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Butter and garlic are magic ingredients. I'm a fat man. Always trust a fat man.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The dry mix is:

i really dont have a specific measurements, i just eye it - sorry

paprika
cayenne pepper
pepper
salt
garlic powder
onion powder - i use less onion powder because i added minced onions to the meat.
x?x ingredient

The Mustard Sauce:

Mayo
Dijon (or spicy brown) - roughly 1/3 of the mayo
Apple Cider vinegar
Cayenne
Salt/Pepper
X ingredient

Do you like beef with all your seasonings and gravy?

Reactions: WCL

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
btw, thanks Despbro for the good nacho reco. They were good and plentiful. Ate some oysters too. I think I'll frequent this place.

AussieBear

Do you like beef with all your seasonings and gravy?

its all about balance. plus im using half pound patties, so theres plenty of beef. just make sure to use a bread that can handle this greasy, gooey, crunchy, saucy mountain of a burger.

AussieBear

its all about balance. plus im using half pound patties, so theres plenty of beef. just make sure to use a bread that can handle this greasy, gooey, crunchy, saucy mountain of a burger.

and technically they are slightly over half a pound precooked. oz sells a basic pack of 80/20 ground beef at 500 grams and i make two burgers per pack. anyway

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is it blasphemous to use sourdough bread for a burger? Nom nom nom nom nom.

AussieBear

Is it blasphemous to use sourdough bread for a burger? Nom nom nom nom nom.

im a sinner then.. love some buttery toasted sourdough.

you could always just thrown my burger between two cheap white bread grilled cheese sandwiches too..

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Mmmmm... Chucks in Burbank...

Must...resist...tempt..tation

Hey, this place is like 10 minutes from my job. I'm going to have to give it a try on my way home one day, especially since they have a late night menu.

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:
My fiancé has only been to Chicago a grand total of 3 times, but she did fall in love with the great city the last time we went. We were planning on going back until my wreck last week. So we rescheduled , so who can tell me the best BBQ in the city ? And she has never had a quality deep dish pie either , but I don't wanna do the whole overrated chain tourist pizza place. Any new or under the radar Pizza place recommended by some of you locals?