Jon Bostic, Shea McClellin and Christian Jones

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
These three young linebackers are essentially the three that are competing for two linebacker spots in training camp, starting SAM and the backup MIKE spot behind DJ Williams.

It would be the story of the season if Christian Jones managed to knock off two former top draft picks and supplant one or both of these players for the starting SAM or backup MIKE spot.

All three bring a unique set of skills and a variety of strengths and weaknesses to the competition, and honestly at this point based on the play of the first two and the UDFA status of Jones I can't put one ahead of the other or think one has a clear advantage over the rest.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
These three young linebackers are essentially the three that are competing for two linebacker spots in training camp, starting SAM and the backup MIKE spot behind DJ Williams.

It would be the story of the season if Christian Jones managed to knock off two former top draft picks and supplant one or both of these players for the starting SAM or backup MIKE spot.

All three bring a unique set of skills and a variety of strengths and weaknesses to the competition, and honestly at this point based on the play of the first two and the UDFA status of Jones I can't put one ahead of the other or think one has a clear advantage over the rest.

Well when you do, you can always start a thread about it.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bet McC at least looks competent at one of the spots.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
SLB: Bostic, McClellin, Senn
MLB: Williams, Jones
WLB: Briggs, Greene

All 3 will probably make the team and I expect Bostic and McClellin to play significant time on defense.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe McClellin will get the starting nod simply due to his athleticism.....

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
SLB: Bostic, McClellin, Senn
MLB: Williams, Jones
WLB: Briggs, Greene

All 3 will probably make the team and I expect Bostic and McClellin to play significant time on defense.

So you think we'll go with 7 LBers on the 53 man roster this year??

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
So many are looking optimistically at this Shea to LB move. Let's be honest and call it what it is. The team has abandoned all hope of him being a DE and it still costs more to cut him.

He still has long odds of being a consistent contributor. If I were a Bear fan I'd start the process of forgetting his name all together. If Shea turns into something at LB then that's great, but optimistically thinking it will happen is only setting yourself up for failure.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
There is no way DJ Williams isn't starting.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
7 LB'ers and 10 Dlinemen

Which will affect CBs / Safties / Oline / and or WRs

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So many are looking optimistically at this Shea to LB move. Let's be honest and call it what it is. The team has abandoned all hope of him being a DE and it still costs more to cut him.

He still has long odds of being a consistent contributor. If I were a Bear fan I'd start the process of forgetting his name all together. If Shea turns into something at LB then that's great, but optimistically thinking it will happen is only setting yourself up for failure.

I will choose to root for this underdog, that way when I'm right I can post a shit show of crow threads for you haters.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What the Bears want:

SLB: McClellin
MLB: Williams
WLB: Briggs

I have no idea if that's what they get. One year ago right now I thought McClellin was not a DE or even a football player. I hope I was wrong about the football player part.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I will choose to root for this underdog, that way when I'm right I can post a shit show of crow threads for you haters.

I'm not a hater, jsut a realist. Anyway, he's got a lot of work ahead of him and I wish him the best. Do I expect him to make meaningful contributions? No. Am I rooting against him? Again, no.

Also since when is a former first rounder-turned-bust get to be an underdog? His failures on the field somehow gave him this lovable trait that makes you want to root for him?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm not a hater, jsut a realist. Anyway, he's got a lot of work ahead of him and I wish him the best. Do I expect him to make meaningful contributions? No. Am I rooting against him? Again, no.

Also since when is a former first rounder-turned-bust get to be an underdog? His failures on the field somehow gave him this lovable trait that makes you want to root for him?

Well, he was really fat and he's an underdog in terms of competition for a position he hasn't really played...

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see a slimmed down athletic McClellin be able to hold down the SLB position ... but first I'd just like to see him be able to get off a solid block.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
LOL, so what you're saying is that DJ Williams is being handed the MIKE? We will see about that.

That is what I am saying...

WTF are these people talking about... Old, injured and off the field issues... Thats the guy we should just hand the starting job to...

That guy had 1 good game and it was against the Steelers who were average at best last year...

The guy has no range, is average in coverage, is average at taking on blockers, and didn't show the instincts or athleticism to be a starting middle linebacker last year...

His time passed him by years ago... he is 31 and hasn't played a full season in over 2 years... If you think its easy to keep yourself at your peak after losing 2 seasons of play and try to bounce back at 31 years old, you are an idiot... This guy has to dedicate himself more than ever now... Not showing up at OTAs isn't a great way to start...