Jon Bostic, Shea McClellin and Christian Jones

Nick80

Aslong as they understand about gap control then they have already improved plenty from last season.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What about gravity?

Or in JWebb's case, gravy?

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So who is competing with Williams?

You're one of those McClellin is Urlacher's replacement idiots aren't you...
What the fuck is wrong with you? The Bears have said that they want to look at Shea playing MLB.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL

"-During 11-on-11 drills, TE Martellus Bennett had the catch of the day. Running a deep crossing route, Bennett created separation from Williams and was open roughly seven yards from the sideline."

7 yards in the NFL is a canyon.

Edit: Then again its probably just be where he was on the field not the amount of separation between them.

Last edited:

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So who is competing with Williams?

You're one of those McClellin is Urlacher's replacement idiots aren't you...

shaq.gif

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
These three young linebackers are essentially the three that are competing for two linebacker spots in training camp, starting SAM and the backup MIKE spot behind DJ Williams.

It would be the story of the season if Christian Jones managed to knock off two former top draft picks and supplant one or both of these players for the starting SAM or backup MIKE spot.

All three bring a unique set of skills and a variety of strengths and weaknesses to the competition, and honestly at this point based on the play of the first two and the UDFA status of Jones I can't put one ahead of the other or think one has a clear advantage over the rest.

119 words 638 characters to say abso-fuckin-lutely nothing. Your level of oral feces puts the Bears beat reporters to shame.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not a hater, jsut a realist. Anyway, he's got a lot of work ahead of him and I wish him the best. Do I expect him to make meaningful contributions? No. Am I rooting against him? Again, no.

Also since when is a former first rounder-turned-bust get to be an underdog? His failures on the field somehow gave him this lovable trait that makes you want to root for him?
he showed flashes of his talent at de the problem was he was playing out of his natural position in a lot of peoples minds, myself included. guy just wasn't strong enough in the trenches but he has great speed and could do well at lber

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Desperdo has made some calls so I will roll with D.J. being the starter also. I hope Bostic can play SLB with Shea coming in on pass rushing downs (3rd and long)

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
LOL

"-During 11-on-11 drills, TE Martellus Bennett had the catch of the day. Running a deep crossing route, Bennett created separation from Williams and was open roughly seven yards from the sideline."

Edit: Then again its probably just be where he was on the field not the amount of separation between them.

That's how I read it.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
LOL

Your reading comprehension sucks.

BTW perhaps you read the part about Bostic and McClellin...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Your reading comprehension sucks.

BTW perhaps you read the part about Bostic and McClellin...

It sucks so much I corrected myself? I know this skill is foreign to you since you can't seem to admit when you're wrong.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd like to see a slimmed down athletic McClellin be able to hold down the SLB position ... but first I'd just like to see him be able to get off a solid block.

For the first 5 years of Urlacher's career, people said the same thing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
I don't think he is as much as Shea. I think they want Shea to start but we'll see.

My inclination when I saw this was Bostic was the most athletic, Jones being behind him and McClellin last. I was wrong. Bostic was the most athletic (according to combine drills) with McClellin 2nd and Jones last. The difference is all in the tape and what the coaching staff has sees everyday.

From what I've read and heard on the radio McClellin still doesn't look like he can do anything NFL football related at OTAs. But, we shall see. I really would like him to succeed, I just don't see it. Can't wait for the season to get here however.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
From what I've read and heard on the radio McClellin still doesn't look like he can do anything NFL football related at OTAs. But, we shall see. I really would like him to succeed, I just don't see it. Can't wait for the season to get here however.

Where did you hear this? Some of the reports I read said he looks very fluid and more natural at LB than at DE and has been ok besides the one play he got burned deep by Bennett.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
he showed flashes of his talent at de the problem was he was playing out of his natural position in a lot of peoples minds, myself included. guy just wasn't strong enough in the trenches but he has great speed and could do well at lber
Okay, but what is his natural position? To me it's either a situational pass rusher or a 3-4 OLB. Making him a 4-3 MLB/OLB is just moving him from one un-natural position to another.

There's also something to be said for him being a football player. Take Urlacher. He played safety in college, could play any LB spot in any scheme and overall just was an asset on the field. How is Shea going to be any better against the run when he's being asked to take on a pulling guard? LBs have to shed blockers, which he's shown is a problem and cover, which is an unknown at the NFL level.

I like people having hope, but I sit back and think it's actally sad and avoidable. Pump the breaks and lower the expectations. He'll make the As it stand assume he's a situational guy. If he wins reps and ends up being a starter than that's great. If he doesn't than it's not much of a loss and you can move on to cheering for the guys actually good enough to stay on the field.