Jon Gruden: Khalil Mack didn't want to play for Raiders

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Mack is amazing and probably worth everything we gave up. However, the trade made it seem like Pace thought he was the final piece. He just had probably his best game of the year (can it get better?) and the Bears still lost. My stomach hurts.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be fair to Mack he did more than an enough for a guy that signed a week ago. Fully expected him to tire and really had no business playing all those snaps but Floyd and Lynch played like ass so Mack probably forced to play more than intended.

As for Fuller, definitely did not get our money's worth last night.
To be more fair he did it against a shit QB and had nothing in the second half. I cringed as I saw him do some weak poorly timed spin moves. If I'm that level of athlete, you never see me at anything but my best regardless. Why doesn't he have that type commitment? You don't have to be in camp to be getting in great shape and condition.

Had to know you wouldn't get your money's worth with Fuller. He's done more disappearing acts than Houdini ever did.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To be fair to Mack he did more than an enough for a guy that signed a week ago. Fully expected him to tire and really had no business playing all those snaps but Floyd and Lynch played like ass so Mack probably forced to play more than intended.

As for Fuller, definitely did not get our money's worth last night.

Can't believe he played that much and we didn't have fresher legs and more pressure late. Fangio usually does reasonably well against Rodgers but that was too soft.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To be more fair he did it against a shit QB and had nothing in the second half. I cringed as I saw him do some weak poorly timed spin moves. If I'm that level of athlete, you never see me at anything but my best regardless. Why doesn't he have that type commitment? You don't have to be in camp to be getting in great shape and condition.

Had to know you wouldn't get your money's worth with Fuller. He's done more disappearing acts than Houdini ever did.

Being in shape and being in football shape are two different things. Think you know that Spartan. If that weren't the case, we still wouldn't have training camp and preseason.

Can't believe he played that much and we didn't have fresher legs and more pressure late.

I am still in awe that at one point the plan was for Floyd and Lynch to be our starters, lol.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dent was famous for picking his spots and I sure never minded. Mack has is a high motor guy and just ran out of gas.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Did anybody catch the Khalil Mack tidbit from Collinsworth last night? He said he asked Mack if Gruden would have called him and stressed how important he was to the team, would that have changed anything. Mack said it would have.

Gruden doesn't know defense. Even the SB he won, he did it on the back of Dungy's defense and got lucky to play the Raiders.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Houdini was more of an escape artist, but I get your point.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bigger question is if he wants to play for the Bears after seeing that shitty offense last night.

you are tuning into into one of our resident haters.....too early in the season for that remy

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
you are tuning into into one of our resident haters.....too early in the season for that remy

That will change as soon as the Bears start winning. Until then the hate is 100% deserved.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Perhaps Nagy and Trubs should man up and not play call like they in the Lingerie Football League. Tell Trubs to stop running around out there like his water broke.

That's sexist. You trying to say bad football=how women play the game?

WOW

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Being in shape and being in football shape are two different things. Think you know that Spartan. If that weren't the case, we still wouldn't have training camp and preseason.
It's really not. If you get yourself in great shape and condition, you're in great shape and condition, period. Ready to go. And, I don't know why there is a preseason anyway, most teams don't play their top starters at all anyway so how is it they're ready to go? You're basically telling me a grown man needs somebody watching over him to get in shape.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah that is not true Spartan as stated by people who play the game at that level. Maybe when you in the back yard with your kids it may feel that way.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah that is not true Spartan as stated by people who play the game at that level. Maybe when you in the back yard with your kids it may feel that way.
Pfff! So how long do you give this elite level athlete to get into "football shape", 2, 3, 4 more weeks?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I cringed as I read this.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gruden doesn't know defense. Even the SB he won, he did it on the back of Dungy's defense and got lucky to play the Raiders.

I have some issue when this overstatement comes up about coaches. A coach that is considered good on one side of the ball can't be so without knowing the other.