Status
Not open for further replies.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You don't think there is any racist working in the NFL? Remember Riley Cooper? It's a pretty good paying job. Racist people work with the people they are racist against all over the country bud.
Could have literally looked up the Sterling incident

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I guess we have two different definitions of obvious. You’re basically saying gruden is racist based off a questionable comment he made about someone he was mad at at the time. That’s kind of fucked up to judge and condemn that quickly and easily without even knowing the person…but that’s society for ya
And I think it’s more fucked up for you to sit here and defend racist comments from some clown you don’t know either.

I’m calling out his comments. You’re acting like his mother.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
You don't think there is any racist working in the NFL? Remember Riley Cooper? It's a pretty good paying job. Racist people work with the people they are racist against all over the country bud.
You’re not wrong. I still don’t think it’s fair for anyone to label gruden a racist for that comment though. I get that’s it’s easy to do and it’s the way society is nowadays, but it’s a questionable comment and we dont know the man personally.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
This could not have happened at a better time with them playing the Bears. Hopefully, their gameplan turns to shit.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
And I think it’s more fucked up for you to sit here and defend racist comments from some clown you don’t know either.

I’m calling out his comments. You’re acting like his mother.
You’re clearly a man of honor. Keep calling out his racist comments. Bravo, hero

Hopefully he’s fired, shamed, and stoned in public.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
This could not have happened at a better time with them playing the Bears. Hopefully, their gameplan turns to shit.
They won't implode over this. Nobody in the league gives a shit, this is just something for the soyboys and race hucksters to exploit on social media for good boy points.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This issue isn't about racism. Plenty of black people are racist even against other black people. This is about power. Certain people don't want white head coaches or white owners of teams. They'd rather head coaches and owners be black so they can call them Uncle Tom's for having the wrong social or political opinions.
giphy.gif

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Racism is a spectrum, not a black-and-white switch. Do I believe that Gruden could be out of touch enough to make a racist joke in a work setting when he absolutely shouldn’t have? Sure.

Does that make him a racist? Only he really knows, but whether he’s a racist or not, he said a racist thing. Knowing a black person or having black friends or coworkers does not absolve you from consequences associated with that, especially if you’re a public figure.

I’m not advocating for Gruden to lose his job, but all these comments arguing over whether he’s really a racist in his heart are missing the point.

When you make a mistake and say something racist, you absolutely should be called out for it and change whatever internal behavior made you think that was O.K.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
You poor soul. Would you like a job? Delta is hiring but I warn you there are black people working there and you might have to wear a mask
Money might not be an importnat part of my life but working more hours for less of it isn't that appealing. Thanks for the offer though, if I ever feel like grinding out a few years at SkyWest just for the privilege of working in a corporate hellscape I'll let ya know.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
You’re not wrong. I still don’t think it’s fair for anyone to label gruden a racist for that comment though. I get that’s it’s easy to do and it’s the way society is nowadays, but it’s a questionable comment and we dont know the man personally.
I honestly don't know if he's racist or not, but the comment has racist undertones. If it's not a racist comment it is still inappropriate. This doesn't change my views of gruden though because I already thought he was a dbag

Status
Not open for further replies.