Jordan Howard

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I honestly don't know why we need so many running backs. Jeremy Langford and K'Deem Carey are fine.

They're just guys. Howard can be a stand out player.

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
I honestly don't know why we need so many running backs. Jeremy Langford and K'Deem Carey are fine.

RB's take the most punishment of all position in football, matt forte as great as he was missed games during his career because of injury and we had some decent backups. The broncos use a RB by committee in Anderson and Ronnie Hill as do most teams.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
They're just guys. Howard can be a stand out player.

I don't seem to remember many people saying "they're just guys" when Langford & Carey were drafted though...

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Thank God Eeyore arrived, I was afraid all this positivity would go unchecked.

Washington

Liked Posts:
So who is the early down back who can catch out of the backfield and block? We know it is not Langford with all his drops unless he remarkable learned how to catch this off season. How good is Howard picking up the blitz and catching?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So who is the early down back who can catch out of the backfield and block? We know it is not Langford with all his drops unless he remarkable learned how to catch this off season. How good is Howard picking up the blitz and catching?

as bad as Langford started out he got better out of the backfield......he won't make you forget Forte but I don't think he'll be drop city./

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Langford had some great catches in the last few games.

Langford on early and passing downs.
Howard on short yardage and maybe goal line.
Carey for depth or gone.
Jaquizz for depth or gone.
Perry has to be gone, right?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Langford had some great catches in the last few games.

Langford on early and passing downs.
Howard on short yardage and maybe goal line.
Carey for depth or gone.
Jaquizz for depth or gone.
Perry has to be gone, right?

Langford had a couple of big plays which covered up mediocrity. He dropped a lot of passes and doesn't have the vision to be a creative runner. I really think you're going to see pretty early the gulf in quality between Howard and guys like Langford and Carey, who are fine as rotational contributors but neither has the talent to stand out or be a genuine feature back.

Quik_7_Devin

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wouldn't be shocked if Howard beats out Langford for starter.

But it depends on the style of offense, with Langford providing a much better checkdown/security blanket for Cutty. Howard is the traditional starter but if you don't trust Jay to go through his progressions downfield (alley oop for Mick lol) then Langford should remain starter.

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
I always have had a soft spot for Bruising running backs ... Love his highlights and that game against Mich.

Welcome to the Bears!!!!!!!

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Langford had a couple of big plays which covered up mediocrity. He dropped a lot of passes and doesn't have the vision to be a creative runner. I really think you're going to see pretty early the gulf in quality between Howard and guys like Langford and Carey, who are fine as rotational contributors but neither has the talent to stand out or be a genuine feature back.

I could be wrong, I don't see Howard as a three-down back. Do I think Langford is elite? God no. Is Howard special? I don't think so, but for his ROLE of short yardage thumper I think he'll be really good. Give Langford another year, rookies take time. I think Carey is odd man out, and obviously we won't keep five RBs. I hope that you are 100% correct and I'm wrong, and Howard really IS something special, but I don't really see it. I see a big old RBBC either way, so for fantasy football it might be a mess, but for the Bears, I think it's all good. Doesn't matter who the "starter" is, we'll have some weapons.

Should be an interesting year.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I like this pick b/c I was never sold on Langford as a feature back, and I don't think he would hold up over 16 games in that role anyhow. I'm not gonna lie and say I've seen Howard play, but based on media commentary and videos, he looks like someone that can be the eventual bell cow, with Langford a nice luxury to complement him.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like this pick b/c I was never sold on Langford as a feature back, and I don't think he would hold up over 16 games in that role anyhow. I'm not gonna lie and say I've seen Howard play, but based on media commentary and videos, he looks like someone that can be the eventual bell cow, with Langford a nice luxury to complement him.

cow-bell-wake-up-call1.gif

sorry I thought you said more cow bell

Washington

Liked Posts:
Langford did have some nice catches but he also led the team in drops, dropping a whopping 16.7% of the passes thrown his way. His rush pickup was suspect too.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really like this pick, the guy looks great as a receiver too. A couple of his grabs on his combine footage showed great awareness and adjustment. Love it!

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Very good pick.

:cum:

Don't see him taking 33s job though. He will easily take 25s job, and I'm a fan of 25.

Sent from my Nexus 5X