Jordan Love

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Exactly. It would seem to be a simple point that one can understand.

Meadows strawman was entirely inaccurate, I never said such a thing.

You though, said that the Love pick was 'dumb' based entirely upon your own wishful assumption that he doesn't work out lol. You would have criticized both the Rodgers and Favre acquisitions.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Its like.....the bears are amazing at drafting defense over the years, and then they drafted Shea.

The draft is a crapshoot. There isn't some magical recipe where a GM can predict the future. Every player is a risk, Jordan Love was a big risk. Yes, he has high upside, but he wouldn't even have been a first round pick this year if he entered this draft.

I never said Love would for sure be a HOFer lol. I pointed out that it cant be construed as a 'dumb pick' just because a Bears fan wants to assume he won't be great.

Last part is utter wishful thinking nonsense. Love would likely go in the same spot of the draft this year as last. The 2021 QB draft is only great at the very top, its completely barren outside of the top 5 QB prospects, three of which will go top 5 overall.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Its all about whether a guy is talented enough for his skills to translate into the NFL (this is the scouting portion) and then whether the player has the work ethic and mentality to survive in the league. The first one can sort of be determined by skilled scouts, the latter is almost impossible to predict.

Yes. So.... what's your point? We should only take players if they are guaranteed to be good? We wouldn't be drafting anyone with that mindset.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Moot point. The Packers didn't draft Love to replace Rodgers any time soon. Look how they drafted Rodgers to sit behind Favre for 3 years.

Yea, those dumb Packers drafting QBs ahead of time! When was the last time that worked out!?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Yea, those dumb Packers drafting QBs ahead of time! When was the last time that worked out!?
I didn't say that. If Love turns out then it'll look brilliant, just like how Rodgers turned out behind Favre.