Jordan Sigler's Articles

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Bulls(in particular bulls fans) don’t deserve ZL. He deserves to go elsewhere where he can actually win and be appreciated
LOL, Homey, you have always been such a ZL fanboy and I have always been the hater. I conceded that I was wrong and you were right when the Bulls signed him to the 4 year, $80MM contract as I was certain his knee
would give out again and he was a volume scorer that didn’t play D and didn’t uplift his teammates.

I cringed when the team signed him to the current bigly contract but they had no better option. He is was he is, an elite athlete and scorer and deserves huge dollars but he still doesn’t make his teammates better, but this team is going nowhere with him so what’s the point of keeping him?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
LOL, Homey, you have always been such a ZL fanboy and I have always been the hater. I conceded that I was wrong and you were right when the Bulls signed him to the 4 year, $80MM contract as I was certain his knee
would give out again and he was a volume scorer that didn’t play D and didn’t uplift his teammates.

I cringed when the team signed him to the current bigly contract but they had no better option. He is was he is, an elite athlete and scorer and deserves huge dollars but he still doesn’t make his teammates better, but this team is going nowhere with him so what’s the point of keeping him?
He’s the best player on the team. Take that for what it’s worth

And please don’t respond back saying derozan is the best player on the team. The year is 2023, the 3 point shot is the most important shot in the game today

And all I said was bulls fans don’t deserve Lavine. They constantly talk about what he isn’t, and ignore all of what he is. The lack of appreciation is startling

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls(in particular bulls fans) don’t deserve ZL. He deserves to go elsewhere where he can actually win and be appreciated
I can't remember the last time the Bulls fanbase hated their top option this much. Maybe not since the dark days of circa 1999-2002, but everyone knew we were supposed to suck then

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I don’t think anyone hates LaVine that is a pretty dramatic statement. The Bulls would be crazy not to be gauging his value. Let’s be honest, he’s never won anything or really elevated his teammates. Is that all his fault? No, but he’s really not that type of player. The Bulls are really stuck in NBA purgatory, and gauging the value and interest in one of their few assets is the competent play.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
ZL is a better basketball player than Klay Thompson. Just saying

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don’t think anyone hates LaVine that is a pretty dramatic statement. The Bulls would be crazy not to be gauging his value. Let’s be honest, he’s never won anything or really elevated his teammates. Is that all his fault? No, but he’s really not that type of player. The Bulls are really stuck in NBA purgatory, and gauging the value and interest in one of their few assets is the competent play.
Maybe not on CCS overtly, but on IG and other platforms...definitely not a dramatic statement. Lots of people seem to really genuinely hate Lavine outside of CCS.

That said, yes Bulls should be checking the value of the whole roster because there is nothing to be gained from continuity with this group.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe not on CCS overtly, but on IG and other platforms...definitely not a dramatic statement. Lots of people seem to really genuinely hate Lavine outside of CCS.

That said, yes Bulls should be checking the value of the whole roster because there is nothing to be gained from continuity with this group.
I feel like the base is split in 4 categories online.
1. Team LaVine (hate DeRozan)
2. Team DeRozan (hate LaVine)
3. Team Blow It Up (giving money to LaVine was a horrible mistake that will keep Reinsdorf from ever paying a player max money again.)
4. This team was few points from beating the Heat so get a pg and run it back because Houston isn't fun to watch.

More people who want LaVine gone HATE him. Some people prefer LaVine over DeRozan, but the hate isn't as strong.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I have seen a lot of people who think the Bulls should trade LaVine and don’t believe the contract was a good idea, but I have not seen anyone who hates the guy. Then again, I don’t have IG, twitter etc. The internet is a strange place so maybe there’s hate out there that I just haven’t seen

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The chicagobulls subreddit generally loves Lavine, I can't speak to Twitter (I don't read comments anymore) or IG (Don't have one). R/nba anyone with a sense a realism thought the Bulls had to offer him that contract. Others sniffed at it.

I don't think Lavine elevates the team to be a winning franchise. He's not that type of player. However, healthy, and with an actual PG, the guy is an All-Star worthy player. 3rd tier is where I'd shove him.

So, if a good offer came around, I'd certainly trade him. I just don't see one coming around though.

I'm at the point where I'd basically trade everyone but him and rebuild. If Lavine is the only one of substance on this team, they won't win.. though I guess Lavine is good enough to keep you from being the worst team in the league (as what happened in 2018-2020 when they did tank).

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I might have to reevaluate my thoughts on what the Bulls could get for Lavine in a trade after seeing what Phoenix got for the ghost of Chris Paul.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I might have to reevaluate my thoughts on what the Bulls could get for Lavine in a trade after seeing what Phoenix got for the ghost of Chris Paul.
And now what the wizards got for the ghost of Chris Paul lol

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I feel like the base is split in 4 categories online.
1. Team LaVine (hate DeRozan)
2. Team DeRozan (hate LaVine)
3. Team Blow It Up (giving money to LaVine was a horrible mistake that will keep Reinsdorf from ever paying a player max money again.)
4. This team was few points from beating the Heat so get a pg and run it back because Houston isn't fun to watch.

More people who want LaVine gone HATE him. Some people prefer LaVine over DeRozan, but the hate isn't as strong.

5. Team rewatch The Last Dance again.