Josh Schrock on Bears' passing offense: 'I wouldn't be worried' (FTO)

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
less than 7min.

@2:54.....Schrock makes and excellent point about the pass pro.

Jones at left tackle had an issue or two, but I am not seeing major struggles over all, so I disagree a little bit.

Where I personally am seeing the issues are with Sam Mustipher and Larry Borom getting pushed around a LOT.

I think Patrick will be an improvement over Mustipher for the season, and I honestly believe the reason they claimed Leatherwood off wavers is because they think he's an upgrade over Borom. I believe both moves will be made before long. That said, I don't think even Jones-Whitehair-Patrick-Jenkins-Leatherwood will be the final O-Line when the Bears are good. I can see Patrick as a stopgap, and future upgrades incoming at RT if Leatherwood doesn't step up really well, and LG replacing Whitehair.

Should be interesting to see how it all shakes out moving forward.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No one is mad eeyore. It hasn’t even been two seasons yet and fans are meatballs for believing in the qb lol give me a break

What do you see that makes you believe in him?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Well the OL is one of the factors dictating whether any Qb is "going to be the guy" ....right?
I'll judge JF, when I can consistently see him scanning the field in a clean pocket. Like Rodgers last week

LOL....my guy, you just double-down, double back and kinda contradicted yourself with that statement.
I don't know any Qb that overcomes a mediocre OL with a struggling blind-side LT .
Plenty of QB's have played well as possible in a bad offensive line Tony Romo 2008-2013, Andrew Luck went through HELL, Joe Burrow, Eli Manning won a superbowl with the 28 ranked offensive line & 32nd ranked running game, DeShaun Watson went through HELL with Texans, Cam Newton had a new LT every year almost.

And all these Qb's were injured at one point in there career. Luck had to give up football. I'd like a source for ur Manning stat. I tried looking for it. Newton suffered multiple injuries that effected his throwing motion. Burrow got taken out ( they finally fixed the OL for him).

So bottom line, I'm not sure what you want, but I don't want our 1st round Qb injured. I don't want him taking shots after the majority of his passes. I don't get ur aversion to a clean pocket.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Jones at left tackle had an issue or two, but I am not seeing major struggles over all, so I disagree a little bit.

Where I personally am seeing the issues are with Sam Mustipher and Larry Borom getting pushed around a LOT.

I think Patrick will be an improvement over Mustipher for the season, and I honestly believe the reason they claimed Leatherwood off wavers is because they think he's an upgrade over Borom. I believe both moves will be made before long. That said, I don't think even Jones-Whitehair-Patrick-Jenkins-Leatherwood will be the final O-Line when the Bears are good. I can see Patrick as a stopgap, and future upgrades incoming at RT if Leatherwood doesn't step up really well, and LG replacing Whitehair.

Just to be sure, you know Leatherwood is out 4 weeks right? Then I'm sure they'd like at least a few weeks to work with him on concepts and technique to prepare him for game action. I think their original goal was to probably have him sit the season and learn and improve.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And all these Qb's were injured at one point in there career. Luck had to give up football. I'd like a source for ur Manning stat. I tried looking for it. Newton suffered multiple injuries that effected his throwing motion. Burrow got taken out ( they finally fixed the OL for him).

So bottom line, I'm not sure what you want, but I don't want our 1st round Qb injured. I don't want him taking shots after the majority of his passes. I don't get ur aversion to a clean pocket.

31. New York Giants (13th)

Run Rank 24th, Pass Rank 32nd, Penalties Rank 7th

Yes, they won the Super Bowl, but they did so in spite of a line that sieved pressure throughout the year. Our lowest-ranked pass protecting line had problems all over, but nowhere as bad as at the tackle positions (especially once Will Beatty was lost for the year). It wasn’t just the tackles however, with every member of the Giants' line earning a negative grade. This explains the drop-off in the run game and makes the season that Eli Manning had all the more remarkable.

Best Player: Before his season was cut short, Will Beatty (-1.2) was having a good first year starting … outside of Trent Cole showing him what for in Week 11.

Worst Player: It’s hard to look past David Diehl (-48.1) who was terrible at guard, and even worse at tackle. His on field performance is simply unacceptable, giving up a ridiculous nine sacks, eight hits and 48 hurries during the regular season.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Plenty of QB's have played well as possible in a bad offensive line Tony Romo 2008-2013, Andrew Luck went through HELL, Joe Burrow, Eli Manning won a superbowl with the 28 ranked offensive line & 32nd ranked running game, DeShaun Watson went through HELL with Texans, Cam Newton had a new LT every year almost.
Tony Romo was in his 5th season in 2008 and had started 26 games entering the season. Justin Fields has started in half that. Andrew Luck had future hall of famer Reggie Wayne and hall of very good TY Hilton. Joe Burrow has an elite receiver in Jamar Chase and 2 guys (Higgins, Boyd) who could be the Bears #1 receiver. Eli Manning won that Super Bowl with a 1000 yd rusher (Brandon Jacobs), 1000 yd receiver (Plaxico Burress) and a top 10 defense. Deshaun Watson had a future hall of fame left tackle and a future hall of fame receiver along with a beastly defense, Cam Newton had future hall of famer Steve Smith and Greg Olsen.

Every single example you gave was a significantly better situation than Justin Fields finds himself in.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Hey, you're good (y)
Please keep an eye on #70 Jones. I don't know if you've zeroed in on him. But in the S.F. game and the
GB game, I keep seeing him get beat. He just seems to have bad lateral movement. Ya just can't have that from the blindside LT. I'd to see us get a vet at LT. I don't get Mustipher. There's gotta be somebody out there in FA better than him. Heck whatta bout Jenkins at LT ?

Unfortunately, Borom like Jones are 5th rounders who probably shouldn't be starting at the all important tackle positions. I mean that's where I'm noticing the collapsing taking place. Anyway....good analysis. (y) And yes it's
definitely gonna be interesting how things shake out.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Oh PFF. :rolleyes: Well like the guy in the vid says, I believe what I see on the field. And I believe what Kenny Clark says in link
#17 >>> Did u hear what the guy said.....GB defenders were cracking JF on every pass play.
Is that a lie ??? @2:34 was DT Kenny Clark lying ??? Can u please answer this??

Again...., I'm not sure what you want, but I don't want our 1st round Qb injured. I don't want him taking shots after the majority of his passes. I don't get ur aversion to a clean pocket.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Every CCS meatball his first two years.

i remember someone calling trubINTsky trash all the time.. talked about Mitch throwing field goals. etc etc... so i dont think it was everyone.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
What do you see that makes you believe in him?
Most of it was from college so it’s prob moot now. We know he has the smarts. He has that downfield accuracy. Can they teach him better pocket awareness? That will prob come with a trustworthy oline.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh PFF. :rolleyes: Well like the guy in the vid says, I believe what I see on the field. And I believe what Kenny Clark says in link
#17 >>> Did u hear what the guy said.....GB defenders were cracking JF on every pass play.

Again...., I'm not sure what you want, but I don't want our 1st round Qb injured. I don't want him taking shots after the majority of his passes. I don't get ur aversion to a clean pocket.
They didn’t fix the line in Cincinnati, it’sa shit show. Did Joe Burrow suddenly regress?

I don’t know wtf the 2011 giants have to do with the 2022 bears. Eli was in the league at that point for 7 years., and had already won a super bowl.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
By excellent point, you mean he agrees with you despite the metrics disagreeing with both of you.

But but but, all this dude did is give his own opinion. What makes his opinion any better than CCS?
Exactly

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
i remember someone calling trubINTsky trash all the time.. talked about Mitch throwing field goals. etc etc... so i dont think it was everyone.
I think the majority of the board was upset with the trubisky pick, and were judging his every throw against what could have been with Watson.

So I think in this case, They were against Mitch from Day 1.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I think the majority of the board was upset with the trubisky pick, and were judging his every throw against what could have been with Watson.

So I think in this case, They were against Mitch from Day 1.
there were a lot of people that defended Pace for drafting a quarterback at all. I don't even follow college and I suspected his 10 total starts or whatever the number was would be the worst idea since Greedo shooting first. the giraffe failing immediately and Trubisky starting games and throwing 10 passes total probably was an indication of what would follow.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Like a said JF isn't the first QB to play with a bad offensive line