JR is a greedy bastard! I am not spending another$

TheStig

Liked Posts:
JR is a greedy bastard. I am not spending another dollar on this team till he gives me a reason to. The bulls shirt I am wearing now is the last one I will be buying for awhile and I will not be going to anymore games. I refuse to spend another hard earned dollar so that this penny pinching bastard can destroy the team I love. I will still watch the games but I not going to directly fund his wallet and approve of these actions. I encourage everyone else to do the same and squeeze him where it hurts. This isn't a BG issue anymore. Its a fundamental issue with an owner who consistently isn't statisfied with being the top income generating owner in the league, he has to do it by a wide margin too. JR also bought the team for 16 million and it is now worth over 500 billion. He is closing in on the billion dollar mark on profit for this team and is too cheap to pay the LT. I doubt anyone besides maybe the lakers are closing in on a billion. Boycott directly funding this disgrace and make the bulls improve their product.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
I never really went to games, but I've watched every game for past 2 seasons. I plan on doing that next season too even though my second favorite bull is gone.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I doubt anyone besides maybe the lakers are closing in on a billion. Boycott directly funding this disgrace and make the bulls improve their product.

Good luck with that.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
I never really went to games, but I've watched every game for past 2 seasons. I plan on doing that next season too even though my second favorite bull is gone.
I didn't really go to games either but when I went I bought a couple of beers. I also would buy the occasional shirt. I won't be doing that but I will still be watching almost all the games. I just won't be directly funding this travesty. It needs to get bad before it gets good. The clever slogans won't keeping driving in the drones forever.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
My boy Jerry will continue getting my money.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I know I'm not going to anymore games next year now, and I'm sure there will be empty seats a plenty when the average fan figures out the Bulls suck next year.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
My boy Jerry will continue getting my money.
Your boy JR is lucky he got MJ, otherwise he'd make Bill Writz look like Steinbrener. Only after JR dies, will quality basketball come back to Chicago. Say all the negative things you will about the Steinbrenners or Cubans of the world, no one can question their love of their teams.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
Re:JR is a greedy bastard! I am not spending anoth

If you guys really feel this way, then more power to you. The only way you'll ever get JR's attention is if they stop being so profitable. Stick to your guns.

That said, I'm not totally convinced you won't be back. I'm also not convinced the Bulls are going to suck. Losing Gordon is a step back, but unless we just firesale now, I don't think the team is bad enough to see the upper deck clear out.

I'll miss Gordon and will root for him (except come Bulls v. Pistons game time), but it's nowhere near enough to make me question where I stand as a fan.

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:

Have fun rooting for the Pistons next year. Us true Bulls fans won't miss you.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

DerrickRose1 wrote:
Have fun rooting for the Pistons next year. Us true Bulls fans won't miss you.

Yes, because not going to Bulls games = not being a Bulls fans. Did we say something like we were going instead buy tickets to Pistons games that made you think we would go root for the Pistons?

TheStig

Liked Posts:

Where did I say I am leaving? I have said I will continue to watch almost every game. I just don't plan to directly support this franchise financially. No more merchandise or tickets or concessions. I think its time we put the hurt on this greedy bastard and hold out till he tries to make his product the best it can.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
I know I'm not going to anymore games next year now, and I'm sure there will be empty seats a plenty when the average fan figures out the Bulls suck next year.

empty seats lol really? the team that is one of the best in attendants every yr? I doubt it.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:

TheStig wrote:
Where did I say I am leaving? I have said I will continue to watch almost every game. I just don't plan to directly support this franchise financially. No more merchandise or tickets or concessions. I think its time we put the hurt on this greedy bastard and hold out till he tries to make his product the best it can.

Again, if that's how you really feel, I support your choice to vote with your dollars.

I'm starting to think, though, if it's even right to classify this as "greed." One, as we know, JR doens't actually "own" the team. He's AN owner and chairman of the board, but it's not all his money. Two, I think JR's real sin here is getting personal, not necessarily pinching pennies. He had a harder time spending on Ben that he had on other players--he's been reasonably willing to spend money the last several years. For whatever reason, it got personal with Ben. That said, JR still made Ben pretty darn good offers the last two seasons, even though I admit that he was only willing to go so far for Ben.

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:

You guys wouldn't last one day being a Clippers or Grizzlies fan. You guys are greedy.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

PJ Brown wrote:
TheStig wrote:

Again, if that's how you really feel, I support your choice to vote with your dollars.

I'm starting to think, though, if it's even right to classify this as "greed." One, as we know, JR doens't actually "own" the team. He's AN owner and chairman of the board, but it's not all his money. Two, I think JR's real sin here is getting personal, not necessarily pinching pennies. He had a harder time spending on Ben that he had on other players--he's been reasonably willing to spend money the last several years. For whatever reason, it got personal with Ben. That said, JR still made Ben pretty darn good offers the last two seasons, even though I admit that he was only willing to go so far for Ben.
PJ, while JR isn't the only owner, he is the managing partner and signs off on all deals exclusively. It isn't just cheaping out on BG, we didn't get gasol because of the LT. We also have only had one draft pick in the last 12 yrs that made it past 6yrs with the team. We have gotten rid of more lottery picks than anyone outside of the clippers.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:

TheStig wrote:
PJ Brown wrote:
TheStig wrote:

PJ, while JR isn't the only owner, he is the managing partner and signs off on all deals exclusively. It isn't just cheaping out on BG, we didn't get gasol because of the LT. We also have only had one draft pick in the last 12 yrs that made it past 6yrs with the team. We have gotten rid of more lottery picks than anyone outside of the clippers.

Well put. Those are some convincing facts. But if it's as simple as him being cheap, why sign Ben Wallace? Why sign Deng? Why sign Kirk? Why sign Noc for more than he was probably worth?

I'm not really against you here. I don't think JR is the best owner in the world. I'm just not totally convinced it's as simple as him being "cheap." I think he's willing to pay. I just don't think he was willing to pay or arguably overpay Ben Gordon because he got something in his craw over Ben Gordon. And I'm not defending that as good management, by any means, only trying to make a distinction.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

PJ Brown wrote:
TheStig wrote:
PJ Brown wrote:
TheStig wrote:

Well put. Those are some convincing facts. But if it's as simple as him being cheap, why sign Ben Wallace? Why sign Deng? Why sign Kirk? Why sign Noc for more than he was probably worth?

I'm not really against you here. I don't think JR is the best owner in the world. I'm just not totally convinced it's as simple as him being "cheap." I think he's willing to pay. I just don't think he was willing to pay or arguably overpay Ben Gordon because he got something in his craw over Ben Gordon. And I'm not defending that as good management, by any means, only trying to make a distinction.
Ben Wallace was supposed to be a move to contend funded by dodging two big extensions in Curry and TC. We also front loaded the deal so we couldn't bring in another FA. Kirk and Deng are just the good ole boys, they took discounts to stay here. Kirk took a below market front loaded deal and Deng's 72 million is only hitting the cap for 72 million not JR's pockets, he deferred a good part in annuities that cost him less. JR isn't the cheapest owner on paper like in Memphis or the Clippers but proportionally he is because he has the largest operating income and third biggest market share.

engies

Liked Posts:
While I will of course still be a fan, I agree with the OP. Not that I had much access to Bulls merch, I had done so at times at a great cost. I can no longer say I will proudly do so. Sadly it will have little effect. Theres always going to be people who are grateful we chose Kirk, or even just the fact Gordon is gone. Insane aint it

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:

DerrickRose1 wrote:
You guys wouldn't last one day being a Clippers or Grizzlies fan. You guys are greedy.

man, this team sold out every game during the worst days of basketball i've ever seen. the clippers and grizzlies both have no market, the clippers because of the lakers, and the grizzlies because not even their city likes them. this team has one of the highest incomes in the four major sports. yes we're greedy. we hand him our money and he hands us disrespect.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

bullsman24 wrote:
DerrickRose1 wrote:

man, this team sold out every game during the worst days of basketball i've ever seen. the clippers and grizzlies both have no market, the clippers because of the lakers, and the grizzlies because not even their city likes them. this team has one of the highest incomes in the four major sports. yes we're greedy. we hand him our money and he hands us disrespect.
Exactly, we aren't a small market club. We are the third largest market, third highest valued team and generate the highest net income.