Juju Smith-Schuster will be a free agent. Sign him

Ruff Ruff

Liked Posts:
Hes very underrated.
I ll pay JuJu and let go of ARob and draft another WR. Juju , mooney and another stud rookie will tear up the league with Big Dick Mitch

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
No thanks.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Can't sign good receivers, man. Gotta use that money for Robert Quinn and Nick Foles.

I think it's pretty painfully obvious the Bears are going to let Robinson walk.

They'll probably "replace" him with some has-been for more money than they're worth, and not a good young talent like JJSS.

I get that $18 mil is a lot for a receiver, but I'd rather overpay for a great player than overpay for a mediocre player. You're going to overpay either way.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
yo dude, it's 2020, not 2015
Ya and neither WR is worth paying without a top tier QB. We can roll with Mooney/Miller/Kmet and and draft a WR or cheap FA. Especially when we can really develop our ground game.

18-20 mil for a WR? No chance. It’s stupid to even think the bears will pay that.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
That’s pretty foolish. A-Rob is the engine of the offense. Just check the target share.
Thinking the CHICAGO BEARS will pay that money(especially with cap issues) is so insanely dumb. A-Rob is gone. No big FA coming in. Next year we will not be spending money. Stop thinking we have money that’s not there.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Thinking the CHICAGO BEARS will pay that money(especially with cap issues) is so insanely dumb. A-Rob is gone. No big FA coming in. Next year we will not be spending money. Stop thinking we have money that’s not there.
You have no clue how this all works, do you? You just heard someone parrot “Bears have no cap room” and now you spew it as gospel. It isn’t. There are always ways...

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mooney is not a #1 receiver. If the plan is to keep Mitch for another 3 years while they draft another QB, you have to find a way to keep Robinson. Even if that means making an unpopular cut or two.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The only way JuJu makes sense is if 4M is definitely not the QB. He already missed Mooney deep and too much of JuJu's value is wrapped up in being a deep threat. If we let ARob walk then we need a possession WR that can catch his errant passes.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Robinson is actually the best UFA on the market if you look at it.

I doubt Robinson wants to be back anyway unless the bears outbid every other team.

Last edited:

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Smith Schuster has turned into more of a slot guy who catches a lot of underneath stuff. I think he‘s a good player, but doesn’t really replace Robinson in the way you’d want him to.

I think Corey Davis is a viable option. And this can’t be correct but some of the sites have him projected to get around 10 million a year. I think he gets more than that. But not a ton more. He’s got like 60 catches for 950 yards yards this year. Averaging over 15 a catch. AJ Brown is the guy there. Davis is actually putting up some nice numbers too though.

TY Hilton, Sammy Watkins and Marvin Jones are a few vets who could be on the radar. although I’m not big on any of them. Jones actually has way better career numbers than I ever would have given him credit for. Although I sort of wonder how much of it was garbage time under Stafford.

I think Godwin and Golladay are getting tagged.

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The only way JuJu makes sense is if 4M is definitely not the QB. He already missed Mooney deep and too much of JuJu's value is wrapped up in being a deep threat. If we let ARob walk then we need a possession WR that can catch his errant passes.

He's not a deep threat this year. 8.4 yards per catch (has to be near the bottom of the league). He hasn't really been a deep threat since Antonio Brown left there. He's more of a possession type than anything.

That being said, if you're going to pay a WR over 15Mil/year, it should be ARob.