Justin Fields will have his 16th start against the Giants

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If he is still looking anything like what we have seen these past few weeks by that game, i will def be a sad panda. He needs to start improving.

Yeah I’m not even setting the bar high. Like can we just see a couple 250 2 TD games? Basic NFL QB shit? I’m not asking for a Mahomes 400 yard 4 TD masterpiece here.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
So he is approaching the end of a rookie season.....

I'm not trying to make excuses, just pointing out that he does not have a lot of game experience.
The reality is there are a lot of very good QBs that struggled in the first year, two come to mind are Allen and Hurts both struggled in the first TWO years.

I will be patient until, I'm not. Right now I'm still patient, and will likely hang on too long like I did with Cutler and Trubisky.
I think we're being very loose here with "struggled". Josh Allen had 20 TD's and 9 INT's in year 2, and another 8 touchdowns running. Jalen Hurts had a QB rating of 87 and was responsible for 26 touchdowns (16 passing, 10 rushing).

They improved considerably from their rookie seasons while Fields has regressed from what was already a terrible rookie year. Justin Fields has still yet to throw for more than 300 yards in a game or throw for more than 2 touchdowns. It took Jalen Hurts until his second NFL start to eclipsed both of those numbers.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he is still looking anything like what we have seen these past few weeks by that game, i will def be a sad panda. He needs to start improving.
He currently has 2 career games where he's hit a 90 rating and no 100. They all develop differently and it could change overnight but ouch.
I hate to bring up his epilepsy because it likely has nothing to do with his struggle but it may not hurt to do an active EEG to see if if there aren't any minor misfires etc. Even if mild, anti seizure meds can also have a cognitive affect so dosage or type adjustments etc could be considered.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we're being very loose here with "struggled". Josh Allen had 20 TD's and 9 INT's in year 2. Jalen Hurts had a QB rating of 87 and was responsible for 26 touchdowns (16 passing, 10 rushing).

They improved considerably from their rookie seasons while Fields has regressed from what was already a terrible rookie year. Justin Fields has still yet to throw for more than 300 yards in a game or throw for more than 2 touchdowns. It took Jalen Hurts until his second NFL start to eclipsed both of those numbers.
Those rosters are stacked relative to what Chicago has this year. Like I said 2018 josh Allen roster wise is a good comp. Yes, he needsto get better, no I don’t see a 300 yd game in his future with what he has around him. Steady progress. Let’s start with 225 and a few TDs being very efficient with the football. Like for more than a few games.

If he can throw for 300+ With the island of misfit toys at wr and te I’ll be impressed. I think we all would.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The pass blocking this year is overrated by services and just OK but OK is good enough for him to also have OK games and that's all anyone is asking for right now.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Those rosters are stacked relative to what Chicago has this year. Like I said 2018 josh Allen roster wise is a good comp. Yes, he needsto get better, no I don’t see a 300 yd game in his future with what he has around him. Steady progress. Let’s start with 225 and a few TDs being very efficient with the football. Like for more than a few games.

If he can throw for 300+ With the island of misfit toys at wr and te I’ll be impressed. I think we all would.
I'd settle for 200 and keep running on teams but he needs to look competent and take what's given. It will also help open up the deep stuff he likes to do.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I get vocal when people are not educated enuff to understand football and a rebuild. Just bcuz in the past they have used the term rebuild to rationalize sending our draft picks to other teams doesn't make it so. We were never a player away from a playoff run even though we acted like it. This is a true rebuild basically a evaluation year and to see who's staying improving and going next year. Justin needs to improve too ? percent but some on here are play to play fans. With the he sucks and trade him crap. Even though they sucked on Trubisky for three years. Football is a game of continuity and team work. Some of these guys have three professional games ALL have three games together under this coaching staff. Pump the brakes we were never even supposed to be here. What talent we have couldn't field a basketball team right now let's see how it ends.
Sucked on Tribusky for 3 years? Dude got booed on live TV before he ever played a down here lol

Everyone loved Justin when he was drafted and basically thought he was going to be the messiah. He’s managed to play worse than Mitch ever did which is why people are freaking out and concerned

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Lol wow. Because Nagy the qb whisperer proved that he could insert any quarterback in his system? JF aside Nagy was terrible.

He for sure was terrible. Never disputed otherwise I’ve been saying it for years. Not sure your point

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
People don't get upset over critiques of Fields. Everyone with two eyes knows that he needs work.

They get annoyed by you because you are annoying and really fucking stupid, plain and simple.
FIFY

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
It sounded like he took the high road with his comments. I think he would have said that no matter what he thought.
Pretty sure he had a big say in drafting him, so I'm pretty sure he meant it.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right now Fields sucks. Time to toss him to the wolves and see what he is. Could be what he needs. Make him throw a pass!

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I think we're being very loose here with "struggled". Josh Allen had 20 TD's and 9 INT's in year 2, and another 8 touchdowns running. Jalen Hurts had a QB rating of 87 and was responsible for 26 touchdowns (16 passing, 10 rushing).

Allen had 3 tds and 6 ints after 4 games in his second season. That doesn't mean Fields will turn it around but at a similar point in his career there were probably a lot of people questioning him.

mecha

Liked Posts:
all the quarterbacks that started out poor and got better had much more favorable situations on offense. the Chicago Bears gave their last high contract player 7 offensive coordinators, inferior receivers the first 3 seasons, and J'Marcus Webb and Frank Omiyale. their last trade-up-with-3-first-round-picks quarterback was saddled with a head coach that only permitted him to throw 10 total passes a game and with his successor that was a professional quarterback himself that didn't give a shit about helping him get better.

the one glaring correlation I see here that hasn't been fulfilled yet is that Nagy let Trubisky actually throw the ball, often too much, and that's how he had a 100 QBR or whatever at one point in his life. or in other words, the Chicago Bears aren't the Buffalo Bills. the sooner the whole of CCS acknowledges this, the better.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just had a flashback to sister urethra rapping my knuckles with her wooden punish stick/dildo

shoez90

Liked Posts:
Sucked on Tribusky for 3 years? Dude got booed on live TV before he ever played a down here lol

Everyone loved Justin when he was drafted and basically thought he was going to be the messiah. He’s managed to play worse than Mitch ever did which is why people are freaking out and concerned
he still can be who knows not you not me. He is learning the NFL game and our schemes. What QB in there first year has been pro ready out gate? I'll wait