winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
11GP, 4G, 7A, 11P, +6.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
At this point, I think he's showing that him and Hossa work great together. Unfortunately I think the one hurt worse by this has been Toews. While sharpy is a superstar, he's more of the well rounded can do everything instead of that dynamic factor that a Kane and Hossa are... I like Toews and Sharp together, but the musical chairs on their line I think has really been effecting it. He's still having a great year, but he just doesn't seem the same. I honestly, wouldn't mind seeing Carcillo up on that Toews Sharp line. He's not a top line player, but it might be the energy that it needs? And I think Hossa and Kane have proven they can play with anyone on their line. At this point why don't we just put Kane at Center for Toews and Hossa and see what happens, ahaha.

I still think that Kane and Toews together is the most dynamic pairing, just looking at what sweet music they have when they are out there, unfortunately that's only in 4 on 4 and power play situations for the most part so it's hard to tell. But at this point, what's best for the team is separate probably.

chasman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did not think this would work, guess I have to eat some crow.

He has been playing very well at center and has won over half of the draws.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
A huge benefit to Kane playing center is it becomes much more difficult for the other team to line match the Hawks as well. You have to pick your poison. Best defenders against Kane's line, or Toews' line. It's a lose lose for them.

nana

Liked Posts:
A huge benefit to Kane playing center is it becomes much more difficult for the other team to line match the Hawks as well. You have to pick your poison. Best defenders against Kane's line, or Toews' line. It's a lose lose for them.

Yes, I love the kids playing together, but what you said is a huge benefit to the Hawks.

Also, as a big fan of Kane, I like seeing that he can hold his own just fine as some of his naysayers have liked to claim in the past that he only flourishes with Toews (not thinking of anyone specifically here, just in general).

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kane is not the glue guy or the leader/captain of this team but Kane is a superstar and has always been the superstar of this team.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
11GP, 4G, 7A, 11P, +6.

Was on a 6 game goalless streak until last night. in 11 games played he was goosed egged on the score sheet in 5 of them.

I'm still not comfy with him playing center. I love that the kid has taken some games under his wing and has dominated them. I am not thrilled that the scoring hasn't been consistent. That's no knock on Kane at all. It's a knock on where he is being used. I don't want a streaky Kane I want a consistent Kane. And to me that comes through him playing the RW position with Toews. AND NOT LW ON THE FUCKING POWERPLAY!!!

I don't know. Win column is all that matters but I still think the quality of wins can and will be better if the lines were corrected esp the powerplay lines.

I am always going to be the one that prefers Sharp at center. I know what I prefer doesn't mean jack shit though as I am not the one on the ice.

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was on a 6 game goalless streak until last night. in 11 games played he was goosed egged on the score sheet in 5 of them.

I'm still not comfy with him playing center. I love that the kid has taken some games under his wing and has dominated them. I am not thrilled that the scoring hasn't been consistent. That's no knock on Kane at all. It's a knock on where he is being used. I don't want a streaky Kane I want a consistent Kane. And to me that comes through him playing the RW position with Toews. AND NOT LW ON THE FUCKING POWERPLAY!!!

I don't know. Win column is all that matters but I still think the quality of wins can and will be better if the lines were corrected esp the powerplay lines.

I am always going to be the one that prefers Sharp at center. I know what I prefer doesn't mean jack shit though as I am not the one on the ice.

If you don't want a streaky Kane, then you do not want Kane under any circumstance. He has never gone on a tear for 82 games straight. His numbers are the same as they have been in the past. He was not placed at center to get more points, he was placed their to fill a void. As long as the Hawks are on a point percentage of 73% and tied for 3rd in goals scored, you are not going to get your wish.Unl

Unless your premise is they would be undefeated and leading the league in goals scored, then I take my statement above back.

BTW my 8 year old daughter happened to see the computer screen with JB dancing and she is pissed, she asked why are you guys picking on JB, and said we are jealous of him...

R K

If you don't want a streaky Kane, then you do not want Kane under any circumstance. He has never gone on a tear for 82 games straight. His numbers are the same as they have been in the past. He was not placed at center to get more points, he was placed their to fill a void. As long as the Hawks are on a point percentage of 73% and tied for 3rd in goals scored, you are not going to get your wish.Unl

Unless your premise is they would be undefeated and leading the league in goals scored, then I take my statement above back.

BTW my 8 year old daughter happened to see the computer screen with JB dancing and she is pissed, she asked why are you guys picking on JB, and said we are jealous of him...

Actually he's been a very consistant player on this team. Not "streaky" under any circumstance.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:

LOL!!! Soooo funny.

I am jealous of his hair..but I am pretty much jealous of anyones hair.

Don't take me wrong Al. I love Kane the team is nothing without him on it and he is an amazing player. I don't trash Kanes game at all. I just feel that he is stronger at the wing (the right one when Q puts him there and not on the left). I know why he is playing center but i don't agree that it's the only way to fill that hole.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
18 GP, 6g, 13A, 19P, +11, FO% 43.9

Kane's had some dismal showings in the circle dragging that face off% down. 42.9% last night

R K

18 GP, 6g, 13A, 19P, +11, FO% 43.9

Kane's had some dismal showings in the circle dragging that face off% down. 42.9% last night

He's had a couple of games where the % screwed him and brings the average way down as well. 2-7 against Kessler. 22%. Tampa 2-9 @ 18%.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Well the good thing with having Sharp on his wing is you can interchange them when Kane is struggling at center. As we have seen. I am much more comfy with Sharp being there to back up Kane when he is having a rough night with faceoffs.

Hopefully Bolland can try to figure out that part of his game when he returns.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Yah it actually wasn't Krugers best game all around last night and he was dreadful in the circle. I think he and Brunette came out of the game with the only minus stats just had to throw that in lol).

As a team whole I think the Hawks are in the top 5 in faceoff percentages. Not really a team concern at the moment. Face off percentages change game in and game out anyways. It's not really the percentages that matter it's simply winning the important faceoffs. Something the Hawks have struggled with on the PK lately I believe. That obviously has nothing to do with Kane. I think Kane for the most part wins the important draws more often than not when he takes them.

chasman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man Q says one thing an the beat writers go running as fast as they can. Kane has been plugged there several times. No way will he stay there.

I guess we were both wrong......

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I guess so...

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well the good thing with having Sharp on his wing is you can interchange them when Kane is struggling at center. As we have seen. I am much more comfy with Sharp being there to back up Kane when he is having a rough night with faceoffs.

Hopefully Bolland can try to figure out that part of his game when he returns.

Or, Sharpie can take the faceoffs and then shift to wing, and Kane to Center, when it's defensively appropriate during play. Kinda like when Yannic Perrault was here.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
please don't remind me of when Yannic Perrault was here.

R K

I guess we were both wrong......

never say never when it comes to Kaner.

Interesting tid bit between periods of the Jackets vs Wild game tonight. Jackets commentator was talking about the GM meetings today and apparently the Sabres GM/Owner went after Kane this summer. Stan, good boy for saying no.