Kane's injury

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
The way I think it would work is (theoretically) if the Hawks are 1.5m under the cap, they can spend 5m because you have to meet the cap ceiling, then whatever Kane's salary is/was would be the remainder you can spend on a player (Kane's cap hit - remaining salary cap = how much you can spend while a player is on LTIR). I think that's how it goes.
I miss Cap Geek and my brain hurts.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The way I think it would work is (theoretically) if the Hawks are 1.5m under the cap, they can spend 5m because you have to meet the cap ceiling, then whatever Kane's salary is/was would be the remainder you can spend on a player (Kane's cap hit - remaining salary cap = how much you can spend while a player is on LTIR). I think that's how it goes.
I miss Cap Geek and my brain hurts.

And they could add Oduya to LTIR and free up even more cap.

Then it's just a matter of how big of a move they have to make.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think we still make the playoffs unless the team plays like it did the 2 previous games--and in that case, you can't fire the other 19 guys.

Just hoping Kane gets better by then.

Seeing as how the Dept. of Player safety is dropping the ball on this one, I hope Carbomb is dressed, he leans into the strike zone, and takes one for the team--of course, that's my Y-chromasome talking. :)

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Kane missed a month late last season and then was back in fine form in the playoffs. So, provided that he comes back by the start of the postseason, this doesn't feel like a death sentence for the Hawks title hopes.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kane missed a month late last season and then was back in fine form in the playoffs. So, provided that he comes back by the start of the postseason, this doesn't feel like a death sentence for the Hawks title hopes.
No, but if it is 10 weeks that puts him right on the cusp of the Playoffs, and, there will still be time needed to get 100% back into the groove.

Missing the playoffs? The rest of the team would have to tank, and what would that say about Toews, Keith, Seabs, Hossa, Sharp, Hjammer, & Crawford?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
No, but if it is 10 weeks that puts him right on the cusp of the Playoffs, and, there will still be time needed to get 100% back into the groove.

Missing the playoffs? The rest of the team would have to tank, and what would that say about Toews, Keith, Seabs, Hossa, Sharp, Hjammer, & Crawford?

Missing the playoffs ain't happening. The Jets suck.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Evander Kane out for the season with post shoulder surgery

Patrick Kane may be going the same road.

Creepy.

But this is what happens when Crawford goes around fucking everyones wives.

He did Evander's wife on the Circus trip through Western Canada (if I remember correctly :smug2: ).

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the state of the defense and Kane likely out for the season, this team has first round exit written all over them.

Q also seemed really down after the game. More so than I have seen him before.

Enough of this cock-eyed optimism.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Collarbone was my guess. Some folks call it a clavical, I call it a collarbone.

Although I'm still holding out hope for: dislocated shoulder; Kane giant pussy.

...and MDs call it a clavicle. ...odd.

Last edited:

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What shit circumstances..... But the silver lining is he week be back in the playoffs. And considering the playoffs are all I care about. I'm ok.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the shit I've been telling you guys all season but you make fun of me and say the Hawks just don't play that way. But they needed to. They needed to play pissed off before this happened, and keep their best player clean by being the more aggressive team. This possession style of play needs an infusion of toughness they just don't have. It's time for them to fight, but it already might be too late.

They might have won a Cup (or even two) if they had. YEP!

FlyChicaga

Liked Posts:
I know we can still make the playoffs without Kane. I know we can still win in the first round without Kane. The most disappointing thing for me about this whole scenario is that this will pretty much knock Kane out of contention for the Art Ross, which I was REALLY hoping to see him grab this year.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know we can still make the playoffs without Kane. I know we can still win in the first round without Kane. The most disappointing thing for me about this whole scenario is that this will pretty much knock Kane out of contention for the Art Ross, which I was REALLY hoping to see him grab this year.

no doubt. Would have been the first American player.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

He was having a career season, not that other years have been too shabby.

Stan Mikita is the only player to win the Hart, Art Ross, and Lady Byng trophies in the same season, doing so consecutively in the 1966–67 and 1967–68 seasons.

...Kane had a chance to do it until last night.

http://www.hhof.com/htmlSpotlight/spot_oneononep198303.shtml
It was unbelievable! Mikita went from 154 penalty minutes in 1964-65 to 58 the next season. Then, astonishingly, Stan collected only 12 penalty minutes in 1966-67. That season, once known as one of the bad boys in the NHL, Mikita was rewarded with the Lady Byng Trophy for gentlemanly play. That major award gave Stan the hat trick — the Art Ross as scoring champion, the Hart as MVP and the Lady Byng as well as selection to the First All-Star Team. It was the first time any NHL player had won three major trophies in one season. But Stan duplicated the accomplishment in 1967-68! He again won the Art Ross, Hart and Byng, and was again picked to the First All-Star Team.

153940.jpg

Last edited: