Kane's injury

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know we can still make the playoffs without Kane. I know we can still win in the first round without Kane. The most disappointing thing for me about this whole scenario is that this will pretty much knock Kane out of contention for the Art Ross, which I was REALLY hoping to see him grab this year.
On the off-chance that the 'hawks collapse like lawn furniture in a Virginia earthquake, He might still have a shot--especially since it would "prove" he carried the entire team this year. :)

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
B&B reporting Kane was in surgery today for a broken clavicle.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a complete bummer. TT time is on until a meh vet comes in to replace him :/

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who else thinks we need to ban the Pigeon Fucker from Hawks games? The other day they have that 3rd period meltdown, then yesterday he murders Kane...what the fuck Ares?

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who else thinks we need to ban the Pigeon Fucker from Hawks games? The other day they have that 3rd period meltdown, then yesterday he murders Kane...what the fuck Ares?

:thinking:

TCD

Liked Posts:
Personaly I could give 2 fucks if players are suspended or not. The idea that these suspensions are decreasing incidents on the ice is a bunch of bullshit. It aint happening. A suspension to the dick smack doesn't change the fact that Kane is out for 10-12 weeks or whatever the time line will really be. If players keep getting suspended then fine don't give a fuck that way either...just tired of people trying to sell me on the idea that it's "cleaning up the game". Shit happens and I don't think the majority of these incidents are ones where the player is consciously intending to cause injury to the other player. For the most part it's just simple fuck ups during a game. Sure a few are probably conscious efforts to fuck a guy up but those are far and few between and are usually the Matt Cooke types which again are far and few between themselves. It's a fast fucking game unlike the other 3 major sports. Shits going to happen in not only the heat of the moment but at the speed that the game is played.

Fans get too wrapped up in this suspension bullshit now for my personal tastes. I don't give a fuck myself. Hawks goal is to win some games not to be concerned about Florida and what the league wants to do with Petrovic which apparently is nothing. Hawks also have bigger concerns in their own dressing room while Sharp and Craw are spooching all over the carpet and on the Indian Head.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, TCD-- I agree.
I saw some posts on social media about retaliation in the next game a la 1990 NHL. The problem is that was 25 years ago. No one is getting Bertuzzi'd anymore, and that's a good thing. It doesn't mean these players are soft, etc., it's just a different era.
If it was Torres-like, then I could see something happening.
Instead, the Blackhawks have Carcillo. If he dresses, the best that can happen is that he'll bleed all over Campbell.

Reactions: TCD

TCD

Liked Posts:
Well if Carcillo is Hep A positive bleeding on a Panthers player is ample payback.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Since when is a broken clavicle a 12 week injury? In football, you always hear 6-8.

The only thing I can think of is there is more to it than the clavicle they are not saying.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Since when is a broken clavicle a 12 week injury? In football, you always hear 6-8.

The only thing I can think of is there is more to it than the clavicle they are not saying.

It is what ever the time frame is where Kane can come back. Could be 6 weeks could be 7,8,9,10,11,12. Depends on how his rehab goes and if there are no set backs with his progress. There is no "hidden information" that the team is holding back. The time line for these injuries are always reported vague and to the most extreme time line.

Who give a shit what football time lines are this isn't football. Football players yes do play a physical game but they also only play once a week sometimes once every 2 weeks. Hockey is a different game, different schedule. Injecting a painkiller once a week to make it through a game isn't the same as having to do it 3 times a week sometimes 4. Get that "football blah blah blah" shit out of hockey forums and leave it for football forums.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Since it was displaced, required surgery, and he likely has a plate and screws holding it in place right now? As with any fracture, there are varying degrees to the injury.... Obviously Kane's was bad.

You can't come back early from a fractured clavicle. It has to be 100% healed, or it's likely to break again in the same place. There is no rehab or therapy that is going to get him back quicker. He will be back when the bone is 100% healed.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since it was displaced, required surgery, and he likely has a plate and screws holding it in place right now? As with any fracture, there are varying degrees to the injury.... Obviously Kane's was bad.

You can't come back early from a fractured clavicle. It has to be 100% healed, or it's likely to break again in the same place. There is no rehab or therapy that is going to get him back quicker. He will be back when the bone is 100% healed.

Why can't they just remove his clavicle? He has another one, does he not?

FlyChicaga

Liked Posts:
One thing is for certain: This couldn't be better timing for this to happen, IF it was going to happen. Right before the trade deadline, Kane out until the playoffs, gives the Hawks some options. Not to say they'll actually make a move, but better to have options, right? If this happened on March 6th we wouldn't be discussing who we could pick up. We'd only be able to argue about why they called up so and so over the other guy. Fluke injuries happen... At least us Hawks fans don't have our star player tearing his labia every season.

Personally, I blame Cutler.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I actually blame the fans for making Kane believe he could win the Hart and the scoring title this season. Made him try to hard and when you try to hard you get hurt. He should have been floating like Hossa has been all year...don't see Hossa getting hurt now do you?

EXACTLY!!