Kapernick settles collusion case against the NFL

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
A. I didn't say all cases are the example I used.

B. You brought up sexual discrimination for some reason which has zero bearing on this case. I assume you attempting to elicit some emotional reaction by using a completely unrelated example.

C. I never said they were or were not guilty. I never said that was my opinion.
In another comment I stated that my reaction didn’t paint a whole picture, so I should have been more clear and less pigeon holed in my response. I get irked at some people, not saying you, that want to generally use law practices that don’t paint a clear picture to exonerate guilty parties. You’re right, it isn’t always the case. As I stated before everything isn’t black and white all the time. There’s all kinds of flavors of dysfunction from every side depending on the case.

I used sexual discrimination simply bc it was top mind. Recently had an employment law exam and we focused on the legal system practices of discrimination and harassment cases, so again it came off wrong. I also work in HR so my view on that type of stuff tends to sway towards what I’m used to.

Should have taken a step back instead of diving in head first.

The whole Kap situation just divided people, and it seems odd to me.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The whole Kap situation just divided people, and it seems odd to me.

Is that really what happened? I don't remember it that way, I remember one guy making up a story about the reason for the protest, then a bunch of morons believed his BS. It wasn't the "Kap situation just divided people" it was a guy that wanted to divide people for political reasons, intentionally dividing people.

One guy decided that he would do that, so he did, and now we have people scratching their empty heads trying to figure out why America is so divided. WTF? Anyone that has been paying the slightest bit of attention knows exactly why America is so divided, I know some people, like our President, prefer it that way, maybe they will step up and tell us why. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for that answer.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, seems to me like Kap brought an issue that was mostly unrecognized and brought it into national attention. Agree or not, the whole country was talking about it. Not sure there is a strong argument against the efficacy of his tactics.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah, seems to me like Kap brought an issue that was mostly unrecognized and brought it into national attention. Agree or not, the whole country was talking about it. Not sure there is a strong argument against the efficacy of his tactics.
BLM had been around for over 2 years before CK originally sat during the anthem in 2016. BLM had already had had major marches in Ferguson, San Fran, and St Paul and the deadly Dallas march was huge news. The cynic would say CK jumped on the coattails of the movement to stay relevant. I don't beieve that but I also don't think he was the spearhead of social change some are making him out to be. He got the NFL to throw some money at the cause, but otherwise I think he did more in gifting D Trump another dog whistle to distract his base more than anything else.