1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
giphy.gif

msadows

Liked Posts:
Is Kaplan reliable?

No, not at all.

Kap is kinda a luaghing stock at ESPN 1000.

He does have some connections, however, since he's been doing it for a while. I'll believe this news when I see it tho.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Sounds like this has legs. Hearing it from a couple different people that are not related to each other. And it makes sense with people asking for him to be fired (again) that the team and Phillips would agree to mutually part ways in this way to make everyone look good.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
No, not at all.

Kap is kinda a luaghing stock at ESPN 1000.

He does have some connections, however, since he's been doing it for a while. I'll believe this news when I see it tho.
he does sound little meatballish, when he gets angry at Bears losing during postgame shows. Proper Bears fan

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
This is the second time, and th e second person I've heard this from. Maybe something to it.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Don't get the hate for Phillips because he isn't making the football decisions or executing the plays. Everybody signed on to hire Ryan Pace--George, Virginia, the board of directors, and other McKaskeys included. Pace was supposed to be the football guy who could draft/put together a team and bring the bears into the modern era. We know that hasn't worked. We see now the culmination of George, Ted, Virginia, and the board were all wrong. They're not going anywhere.

Show me where Ted Phillips overruled Pace during the tenure and directly put his fingerprints on this team and decisions that went into it, this roster, this coach and scheme, then I'll supply the torches, pitchforks, and riot gear.

Regarding the roster, it's all Pace and his decisions. Did Phillips move up 1 spot to take Mitch? Did Phillips chase FA with big $ because he missed on draft picks/FA? Did Phillips have 1 good 1st round pick in 5 years? Did Phillips ignore the OLine and abandon the run game? Did he execute poorly on the field/quit on plays?

There was a time where he was the cheapskate/bad guy. But it's not now. He's been with the organization for almost 40 years and has made them worth 3.52 billion per Forbes. He'd have to retire because he sure as shit isn't getting fired with those results.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Sounds like this has legs. Hearing it from a couple different people that are not related to each other. And it makes sense with people asking for him to be fired (again) that the team and Phillips would agree to mutually part ways in this way to make everyone look good.

This would be the dream scenario.
The Bears could finally reorganize their football hierarchy which would give them a better shot at being successful.
They could finally get a proven NFL exec to run the entire football operation.
Imagine the added checks and balances which would be so beneficial in creating a successful, sustainable operation.
Something like which was posted before..

President of Football Operations: Rick Smith
GM: Mike Borgonzi

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
David Kaplan just said on ESPN Chicago that his source inside Halas Hall told him, “Don’t be surprised if Ted Phillips retires at the end of the season”.
And the other part of this is that Ryan Pace is going to get expanded responsibilities.

One Team

Liked Posts:
Don't get the hate for Phillips because he isn't making the football decisions or executing the plays. Everybody signed on to hire Ryan Pace--George, Virginia, the board of directors, and other McKaskeys included. Pace was supposed to be the football guy who could draft/put together a team and bring the bears into the modern era. We know that hasn't worked. We see now the culmination of George, Ted, Virginia, and the board were all wrong. They're not going anywhere.

Show me where Ted Phillips overruled Pace during the tenure and directly put his fingerprints on this team and decisions that went into it, this roster, this coach and scheme, then I'll supply the torches, pitchforks, and riot gear.

Regarding the roster, it's all Pace and his decisions. Did Phillips move up 1 spot to take Mitch? Did Phillips chase FA with big $ because he missed on draft picks/FA? Did Phillips have 1 good 1st round pick in 5 years? Did Phillips ignore the OLine and abandon the run game? Did he execute poorly on the field/quit on plays?

There was a time where he was the cheapskate/bad guy. But it's not now. He's been with the organization for almost 40 years and has made them worth 3.52 billion per Forbes. He'd have to retire because he sure as shit isn't getting fired with those results.
All true...but I would be curious if the Sweaty One ever professionally/constructively challenged Ryan Pace on the laundry list you provided.

This is perhaps where a 'football guy' in that President of F.O. would have helped Ryan avoid the pitfalls of confirmation bias. As I noted in another thread, 'benevolent enablers' can be extremely damaging in an organization...especially one that is as 'unscientific' as football.