Kaplan: Phillips to possibly retire at season’s end

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
There have been too many reports from too many people over the years of Ted Phillips influencing operations. People who claim he has no influence are lying to themselves.

That being said, it's sad that the most excited we as Bears fans get is upon the announcement that someone is being fired. Here comes the familiar hype we get to relive about a "real football guy" coming to save us; the way we did when it was Phil Emery and Ryan Pace coming to our rescue. It all feels repetitive. I won't get excited about any new hire(s) until I see several years of sustained success.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Sounds like what happens when one of reinsdorf minions “retire” after jacking the team for 20 years

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
the real problem is that you have a family with bloodlines back to the invention of football, sitting on a $3 billion family business who hasn't produced one offspring three generations who has taken enough interest to learn both football and business

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Kaplan has all sorts of inside info; he does a weekly show with Olin, Briggs and Alex Brown. You think he doesn't hear things?
That assumes Olin, Briggs, or Brown have inside info.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Recklessly trade even more picks???

Ted Phillips has been more hands off with Ryan Pace than his predecessors and this is the result.

Can't say your point obviously doesn't have merit (I mean look at the record), but I am not in the room to know who's been pushing certain agendas. At least if he's the sole GM and has full control, there would be no doubt. And let's not forget he helped stock a New Orleans team which won a Super Bowl...

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
That assumes Olin, Briggs, or Brown have inside info.

You can assume everyone except you is a douche who doesn't know anything. I think these people are well connected. Much more than anyone on this forum.

David Kaplan knows Pace personally; he was just on TTNL telling a story about how he went out to dinner with him.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
I would just replace Nagy with a HC who has full offensive personnel control. Keep Pace for the D.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Normally, people use a crystal ball, tea leaves, or tarot cards to try to figure out the future. When it comes to the Chicago Bears, the only way to know the future is to look into the void of one of Virginia's used diapers. The future lies in her soiled nappies.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
My guess is that they’ve talked to him about changing things up and in order to save face, they’ve offered him the retirement option.