KD req. trade. Bulls need to go ALL IN

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the option to attain Durant is there, the Bulls need to pull the trigger. Even if it means trading LaVine and DeRozan as a package *with* a future first round pick.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Problem with this is that KD is in a position to veto a trade to the Bulls based on what they give up.

I agree 100% that they should be in on this, but who KD wants to play with us the x-factor.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thing is... no NTC for KD. The Nets will take the best deal. What is the best deal each team in this sweepstakes

Unless Phoenix is willing to offer Ayton AND Book, or Miami is willing to give up Butler and Herro, I don't know who is able to exceed what the Bulls can give them.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Interesting. Pretty short-sided move by KD given how much leverage stars have in the NBA.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Thing is... no NTC for KD. The Nets will take the best deal. What is the best deal each team in this sweepstakes

Unless Phoenix is willing to offer Ayton AND Book, or Miami is willing to give up Butler and Herro, I don't know who is able to exceed what the Bulls can give them.
Phoenix I'd assume is Ayton, bridges, fillers and picks. Miami I'd assume is bam, herro fillers and picks. Idk why those teams would move booker or butler in trades

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Can't see it happening unless Durant says he wants to be traded to the Bulls and only the Bulls. No way we can compete with a package from the Suns who are on his preferred list. They could beat our best offer without even offering Bridges.

Last edited:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need Durant to say he wants to be traded to the Bulls and only the Bulls, otherwise i can't it happening. If he really wants to be traded to the Suns there is no way we can compete with a package from them.
Technically, Brooklyn doesn't even have to trade him. Nets just traded a 1st round pick for Utah's second best defensive player. It sure looks like they want to stay competitive right now.

If I were Sean Marks, I'd rather have a starting lineup ft.: Simmons, LaVine, DeRozan, O'Neale, Claxton than Simmons, Seth Curry, Joe Harris, O'Neale, and Ayton.

I don't see how Chicago is a bad option for Durant. He's been under Donovan before

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Phoenix I'd assume is Ayton, bridges, fillers and picks. Miami I'd assume is bam, herro fillers and picks. Idk why those teams would move booker or butler in trades
They wouldn't move their 2 most valuable players, and that's my point. The Bulls absolutely should.

ZL+DD > Adebayo+Herro or Ayton+Bridges

Believe it or not, Memphis is a sleeper in this race. Bane+Jackson is arguably as appealing for BRK as ZL+DD would be. Or Brooks instead of either Bane or Jackson.

Clippers would be silly not to offer Kawhi or PG.

Denver: Murray+Porter? Jokic straight up (unlikely).

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
They wouldn't move their 2 most valuable players, and that's my point. The Bulls absolutely should.

ZL+DD > Adebayo+Herro or Ayton+Bridges

Believe it or not, Memphis is a sleeper in this race. Bane+Jackson is arguably as appealing for BRK as ZL+DD would be. Or Brooks instead of either Bane or Jackson.

Clippers would be silly not to offer Kawhi or PG.

Denver: Murray+Porter? Jokic straight up (unlikely).
If I'm brooklyn I'm probably looking for either a superstar or a player like Patrick Williams that could develop into that. I wouldn't want lavine and derozan so I could be an 8th seed and not get a good draft pick

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I'm brooklyn I'm probably looking for either a superstar or a player like Patrick Williams that could develop into that. I wouldn't want lavine and derozan so I could be an 8th seed and not get a good draft pick
No duo on the same team last season averaged more points combined than DeRozan+LaVine. At this point, I'd want Ben Simmons over Lonzo Ball easily. Pat Williams' future may not even live up to a Shane Battier let alone a superstar. Rolling the dice on a raw, rookie contract guy over an established duo like that makes no sense whatsoever. Nets would be a 50 win team next season, barring health

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm fine with throwing in PWill too.

Bulls depth chart 2022-23:

PG: Ball, Terry
SG: Caruso, White, Dosunmu
SF: Durant
PF: Jones, Green
C: Vucevic, Thompson

I'll take that over what we have now, easily.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think every big player should be on the Bulls.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Nets don’t want vets if they are trading Durant. Prob need to trade vuc expiring deal William ayo and picks and I would for sure do that. Going to need to make moves for some bigs also

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
FWIW, Bulls are +1000 on DraftKings to land KD. 4th best. An hour ago they were 5th at +1200. It goes:
Sunds -225
76ers +600
Heat +800
Bulls +1000
Nets +1000

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nets don’t want vets if they are trading Durant. Prob need to trade vuc expiring deal William ayo and picks and I would for sure do that. Going to need to make moves for some bigs also
Um, why not? Nets already have a stockpile of 1sts. What they want is to continue to be a post season team right now, and the NBA's leading scoring duo gives them that. We're acting like LaVine didn't just turn 27 and the wheels are falling off of DeMar...

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, a lot of this wet dream of mine would be contingent on LaVine agreeing to a sign-and-trade. Which makes it much less likely.