Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Imo of course you mortgage the future for a talent like KD. It doesn't matter who you give up because his presence alone attracts talent to replace whatever you give up. You're automatically in contender talks if you keep even a fraction of your starting lineup. Of course there is always a risk of injuries and whatnot, but you cross that bridge when you get there.

I don't expect the Bulls to get him at all, but any team would be foolish to not at least extend an offer. If I'm AKME I offer whatever the Nets want.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Imo of course you mortgage the future for a talent like KD. It doesn't matter who you give up because his presence alone attracts talent to replace whatever you give up. You're automatically in contender talks if you keep even a fraction of your starting lineup. Of course there is always a risk of injuries and whatnot, but you cross that bridge when you get there.

I don't expect the Bulls to get him at all, but any team would be foolish to not at least extend an offer. If I'm AKME I offer whatever the Nets want.
Yeah man…I think that’s the pulse everywhere and I wouldn’t be mad at it. I’ll just say though, I think there’s a difference between “there’s always a risk of injuries” compared to “there’s a pretty significant risk of injuries.”

Also, while yes KD can attract people in theory, the bulls would have very limited options and exceptions to work with to fill out their roster. I get the excitement and perspective to go all in, but I don’t think it’s necessarily close to a slam dunk, especially at that price point

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Jerry Reinsdorf said all options to get Durant were on the table with the exception of Leury Garcia.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Even down the line like years from now a move like this if they make it happen might change that stigma that keeps the best players in the league from coming here. In the future we might have stars wanting to start a super team here. This could be a culture change type move

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even down the line like years from now a move like this if they make it happen might change that stigma that keeps the best players in the league from coming here. In the future we might have stars wanting to start a super team here. This could be a culture change type move
Arguably the culture has already changed last offseason with the Bulls going out and getting Ball and DeRozan, but landing a guy like Durant of course is a huge deal no matter the franchise. You kind of want your franchise to always be mentioned in getting top names like the Lakers always seem to be.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I really think that's overblown. I think people didn't want to come here with GarPax behind the curtain, and certain Chicago media members were more than happy to create this "nobody wants to play in the place Jordan played in" to keep their access.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah man…I think that’s the pulse everywhere and I wouldn’t be mad at it. I’ll just say though, I think there’s a difference between “there’s always a risk of injuries” compared to “there’s a pretty significant risk of injuries.”

Also, while yes KD can attract people in theory, the bulls would have very limited options and exceptions to work with to fill out their roster. I get the excitement and perspective to go all in, but I don’t think it’s necessarily close to a slam dunk, especially at that price point
Ok, there is an extremely significant injury risk. Heck, the Clippers core is now 3 players who haven't put together full seasons in like 5+ years. And regardless, this current roster is already at extreme injury risk territory with Ball and Lavine and to a lesser extend Caruso all being injury risks and ironmen DeRozan and Vucevic are far from enough to do anything without them. At least with a guy like KD in the fold you can say at least if Lavine dies we still got KD. If KD dies, well you're basically in the same spot as before in the best case.

So much is dependent on who stays in the trade for if you'd say Bulls with KD is better than Nets with KD. Bulls already only have the MLE to work with (now partially spent on Drummond) so that part also doesn't change for this season. And I think you'd suddenly have some solid vets lining up to sign with the Bulls if they got KD that wouldn't even look in their direction now. Totally a risk, but what franchise wouldn't take it?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Ok, there is an extremely significant injury risk. Heck, the Clippers core is now 3 players who haven't put together full seasons in like 5+ years. And regardless, this current roster is already at extreme injury risk territory with Ball and Lavine and to a lesser extend Caruso all being injury risks and ironmen DeRozan and Vucevic are far from enough to do anything without them. At least with a guy like KD in the fold you can say at least if Lavine dies we still got KD. If KD dies, well you're basically in the same spot as before in the best case.

So much is dependent on who stays in the trade for if you'd say Bulls with KD is better than Nets with KD. Bulls already only have the MLE to work with (now partially spent on Drummond) so that part also doesn't change for this season. And I think you'd suddenly have some solid vets lining up to sign with the Bulls if they got KD that wouldn't even look in their direction now. Totally a risk, but what franchise wouldn't take it?
I think most franchises would take that risk, surely. I’ve said my peace on this. I totally get trading whatever the nets want, and if this was 26 year old KD with no significant injury concerns I’d be all in. Current situation? Less so

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think most franchises would take that risk, surely. I’ve said my peace on this. I totally get trading whatever the nets want, and if this was 26 year old KD with no significant injury concerns I’d be all in. Current situation? Less so
If this was a 26 year old KD then there shouldn't be a doubt in anyone's mind whatsoever. You're fine to express concern of injury, just saying it's no worse than what the Bulls currently have, at least imo. Higher ceiling, same floor.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
If this was a 26 year old KD then there shouldn't be a doubt in anyone's mind whatsoever. You're fine to express concern of injury, just saying it's no worse than what the Bulls currently have, at least imo. Higher ceiling, same floor.
I suppose. I just think people are looking at more historic KD and less so the present day situation. Look at KDs last two years compared to DeRozan. And yes, I’m taking KD all day if all things are equal, but look at the GP stat. Literally the most important stat there is.

My point is, present day the gap isn’t that huge between them unlike in KDs prime, but the GP gap is significant over the last 2 years. But not only do you give up the healthier and comparable player (Bulls most dependable player on the roster, btw and quite possibly the entire nba), but you also give up Vuc, PWill, Coby, and multiple 1sts too? I don’t know man…you’re really banking on the unlikely. Odds are the Bulls core breaks down and their depth after KD, Zach, and Lonzo really sucks, tbh

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
All teams have rumors. A lot are saying the firt call should be to the Pelicans for Zion, Val, some toss ins and 2 first round picks. I dont want it

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I suppose. I just think people are looking at more historic KD and less so the present day situation. Look at KDs last two years compared to DeRozan. And yes, I’m taking KD all day if all things are equal, but look at the GP stat. Literally the most important stat there is.

My point is, present day the gap isn’t that huge between them unlike in KDs prime, but the GP gap is significant over the last 2 years. But not only do you give up the healthier and comparable player (Bulls most dependable player on the roster, btw and quite possibly the entire nba), but you also give up Vuc, PWill, Coby, and multiple 1sts too? I don’t know man…you’re really banking on the unlikely. Odds are the Bulls core breaks down and their depth after KD, Zach, and Lonzo really sucks, tbh
Their depth sucks without KD too. And odds are the core still breaks down and we already know DeRozan by himself isn't taking us anywhere. With KD in the picture, Bulls are in the convo for ECF, without him they're basically scrapping to make the 2nd round. Old KD still gives the Bulls a chance to be great, a chance that really is not there with the current group unless all the stars align. That is the present day situation.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If Kevin Durant wore a smaller shoe none of this may be happening.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Their depth sucks without KD too. And odds are the core still breaks down and we already know DeRozan by himself isn't taking us anywhere. With KD in the picture, Bulls are in the convo for ECF, without him they're basically scrapping to make the 2nd round. Old KD still gives the Bulls a chance to be great, a chance that really is not there with the current group unless all the stars align. That is the present day situation.
I get it. In a way, you kind of have to make the move no matter what. Injuries are against them for sure. And KD couldn’t win with Harden/Westbrook/Ibaka and the whole Nets situation didn’t work out…but he’s going to come here at 33 years old and the inability to stay on the court and he’s going to carry a team with Zach LaVine and a bunch of scrubs? I’m not even half sold. It’s not like either one of them have proven to carry a team. Zach’s only been to the playoffs once. KD had to join one of the greatest teams of all time to win a chip and they completely boggled the 73 win season…with that talent lol

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
After Carmelo i gave up on getting hype for big stars.

Things did not bode well for the Bulls, and never do.

The laugh is we could sign Melo for the min right now.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Just a heads up for those wanting to trade Demar vuc PWill and Coby for KD….that trade does not work. bulls would have to take another player from the nets making around 11 mil to make that trade work

@Enasic is correct that it’s Vuc OR Demar…not for the reason he gave, but for salary matching in the trade.

as far as having 3 ball dominant players…I dunno, it worked pretty well with KD, curry, and klay. I don’t see why it can’t work with KD, ZL, and Demar. Unless 1 or more of them is just too selfish to allow it to work

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I get it. In a way, you kind of have to make the move no matter what. Injuries are against them for sure. And KD couldn’t win with Harden/Westbrook/Ibaka and the whole Nets situation didn’t work out…but he’s going to come here at 33 years old and the inability to stay on the court and he’s going to carry a team with Zach LaVine and a bunch of scrubs? I’m not even half sold. It’s not like either one of them have proven to carry a team. Zach’s only been to the playoffs once. KD had to join one of the greatest teams of all time to win a chip and they completely boggled the 73 win season…with that talent lol
It's not going to happen anyway so it's really a moot point. To me it's just a worse look if the Bulls don't even attempt, risks and hesitations aside. We all remember the outrage when it was supposed that Rose didn't recruit Lebron or whatever, how much worse is it when it's the FO? Plus the team as is is no more than a 2nd round exit at best. Were we not saying just this past season if the Bulls should be avoiding the Nets in the playoffs?

I guess I'm just saying, you don't have to be sold on the result, just the attempt. Nothing is guaranteed in the NBA, getting KD doesn't guarantee anything for results, just ups the ceiling.